Author Topic: Ya can't say it's not because of Bradley  (Read 24018 times)

Ya can't say it's not because of Bradley
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Bradley has single handed turned the team around again. Say it ain't so even though this is the second time he did it. Pierce, KG and certainly Rondo didn't do it. Forget about the rest. Posters including myself have expoused it was our only hope. This team needed a stick of dynamite. How long can he keep this up with his present conditioning. Who knows. He is a diamond in the rough.

Re: Ya can't say it's not because of Bradley
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:52:08 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The biggest thing I can point to Bradley doing is that he seems to have inspired Lee.  It's almost like Lee saw the way Bradley plays defense and went "Hey, wait, you mean I can play intense defense all game long?"

That has made it easier for the big men because the guards are doing a better job preventing penetration and trapping guards on the PnR.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:04:42 AM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Yup, I remember reading posts constantly ripping guys for "overrating" bradley. I think it was "The legend of ab" keeps growing and all this other nonsense. Some guys were looking forward to his return just so when we lose with him they can say "told ya so". Well, he comes back and almost instantly we go on our best run of the season. Just a coincidence tho right? ::)

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I knew the team would improve upon Bradley return, but I didn't think he the turnaround would be this huge. :o

I think his coming back not only helped the defense, but he brought life back to the team.  It also moved everyone back to their respective roles which helps as well.  They are exciting to watch now.

I can't remember who Tommy was talking about, by I remember a couple of years ago Tommy said that everytime he played this certain player whether he scored or not(he was a hustler and defensive player), they would win.  I can't remember which player he was talking about.  That's Bradley on the current team.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
If it's about him being the only reason, I'd say no. He's a part of it, though. Sullinger and Lee's improving performance, also, Green's better shooting has helped.
Now, we are waiting for Jet's contribution and the team should be all right moving forward.

Thank God it's not just because of him. We are already unable to handle the time when KG comes off. If Lee wasn't as good as he has been in this stretch, we wouldn't be winning game after game right now.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:34 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Sully was being sully before AB got back. Green was up and down. We said AB would influence everyone else to play better on the defensive end and that's what you're seeing. Ab is doing exactly what most were preaching for weeks. Playing elite defense and its rubbing off on everyone around him.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
They see how hard he's working on defense. Any proud man wouldn't be worth his salt if that didn't make them want to play harder.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:27 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bradley has single handed turned the team around again. Say it ain't so even though this is the second time he did it. Pierce, KG and certainly Rondo didn't do it. Forget about the rest. Posters including myself have expoused it was our only hope. This team needed a stick of dynamite. How long can he keep this up with his present conditioning. Who knows. He is a diamond in the rough.
His return has helped but as others have mentioned, other members of the team have also improved such as Lee, Green and Sully.  Bass is also looking like his shot is coming back.  Heck, even JET is playing better D (last night not included) lately.

AB is part of the team's improvement but he's not the sole reason for it.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:26 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Saying AB isn't the sole reason is beyond laughable. Wait, so you're saying AB isn't the only one out there playing well? Obviously its a TEAM effort. However AB has SINGLE HANDEDLY lifted the TEAM. We were playing like TRASH before he came back 3 games under 500. He comes back and right away we start posting insane defensive numbers and start winning. None of this happens if AB doesn't come back, period.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He is certainly the biggest part of the turnaround but I think he just came back at the right time. It worked out well. The biggest factors of Bradleys return:

1. Intensity. His all out play on every play inspires the rest of the team to do the same. It actually looks like the celts are having fun out there, and are actually giving a crap. While Bradley was gone we played like a bunch of zombies night in and night out just going through the motions.

2. Placing players in their right roles. Seeing Bradley return placed players into the roles that they are supposed to have on the team. Our starting 5 is back together. Lee, Sully, and Green's roles were all defined and we see Doc with a pretty set rotation for the most part.

3. Timing. Im sure chemistry issue were starting to come together. The new guys were getting more comfortable with rotations and their game play, then Bradley just exposed that more for the better.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:46:13 AM by pearljammer10 »

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:17 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
He is certainly the biggest part of the turnaround but I think he just came back at the right time. It worked out well. The biggest factors of Bradleys return:

1. Intensity. His all out play on every play inspires the rest of the team to do the same. It actually looks like the celts are having fun out there, and are actually giving a crap. While Bradley was gone we played like a bunch of zombies night in and night out just going through the motions.

2. Placing players in their right roles. Seeing Bradley return placed players into the roles that they are supposed to have on the team. Are starting 5 is back together. Lee, Sully, and Green's roles were all defined and we see Doc with a pretty set rotation for the most part.

3. Timing. Im sure chemistry issue were starting to come together. The new guys were getting more comfortable with rotations and their game play, then Bradley just exposed that more for the better.

Tp. Especially on #2.

People underestimate the value of having guys know & play their roles. Starting Jet all those games, that's not what he was used to at this point in his career.  There's no more flux with the guard rotation and guys can finally settle into roles we brought them here to fill.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

pearljammer10 I agree with everything you said except AB just came at "the right time". That's a ridiculous claim to make. This team was showing no signs of life when he returned. That's the "right time"? Nah. I agree with everything else tho.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm with Lightskinsmurf
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:21:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

pearljammer10 I agree with everything you said except AB just came at "the right time". That's a ridiculous claim to make. This team was showing no signs of life when he returned. That's the "right time"? Nah. I agree with everything else tho.

While I agree they looked listless before he got there, I also think they were just hitting the point of bottoming out as well. 

I think what I would say about Bradley was that he was the tipping point.  This team clearly had this in them, but they were in their own heads, their confidence was dead, and they also were missing one piece to hold the defense together.

You add Bradley, and suddenly that gives them the burst of energy they needed to turn it around. 

Bradley certainly deserves all of the credit in the world for that.  I just am not sure I would say it is something you can count on from him regularly.  Sometimes a team just needs a guy like Bradley to make everything else fall into place. 

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Saying AB isn't the sole reason is beyond laughable. Wait, so you're saying AB isn't the only one out there playing well? Obviously its a TEAM effort. However AB has SINGLE HANDEDLY lifted the TEAM. We were playing like TRASH before he came back 3 games under 500. He comes back and right away we start posting insane defensive numbers and start winning. None of this happens if AB doesn't come back, period.

Much credit to Avery.  His return has clearly helped this team start to play up to their potential. 

Obviously, he's not the sole reason for our improved play, though.  It's truly been a team effort over these last six games.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson