Author Topic: Wade benched in the 4th  (Read 7660 times)

Re: Wade benched in the 4th
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Oh and let me just put up something about how crazy good LeBron is.

He shredded the Jazz in the fourth while guarding Big Al and Derrick Favors. Ran their entire offense, creating good looks consistently just to get the game within reach. Just couldn't finish it off, Utah/Miami games always seem to have some juice.

Milsap draining all those 3s was probably the craziest one.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think they should trade D-Wade.

It was worthwhile living with the skill-set overlap between LeBron and Wade when Wade was playing at an MVP level but that is no longer the case. Miami should look to trade Wade and build a more prototypical basketball team instead of the unorthodox mix they currently have that Spoelstra clearly isn't comfortable coaching.
No way they pull the trigger early though, maybe if they lose short of the Finals but even then I doubt it.

So in all odds they'll probably wait too long, won't get a great deal for Wade.

Yeah this is probably what happens.

As I've said before having LeBron play with more of a shooter would have been better.  It'd be too ballsy of a move to see happening though and especially with DWade being a Miami player for so long.

Can't say I'm not happy seeing this happen to Wade.  He went from a player I liked quite a lot to one I really hate.

It's going to be very interesting to see how much loyalty Pat Riley shows Wade.

Whether Riley will stick with Wade and let him retire in Miami, or, if Riley will trade Wade in order to improve Miami's title chances.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Miami reporters and sportswriters seem to think he'll be ruthless about trading him.

I have my doubts that he'll pull the trigger in the end.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think they should trade D-Wade.

It was worthwhile living with the skill-set overlap between LeBron and Wade when Wade was playing at an MVP level but that is no longer the case. Miami should look to trade Wade and build a more prototypical basketball team instead of the unorthodox mix they currently have that Spoelstra clearly isn't comfortable coaching.
No way they pull the trigger early though, maybe if they lose short of the Finals but even then I doubt it.

So in all odds they'll probably wait too long, won't get a great deal for Wade.

Yeah this is probably what happens.

As I've said before having LeBron play with more of a shooter would have been better.  It'd be too ballsy of a move to see happening though and especially with DWade being a Miami player for so long.

Can't say I'm not happy seeing this happen to Wade.  He went from a player I liked quite a lot to one I really hate.

It's going to be very interesting to see how much loyalty Pat Riley shows Wade.

Whether Riley will stick with Wade and let him retire in Miami, or, if Riley will trade Wade in order to improve Miami's title chances.

The reason I could see it happening is because I think Riley knows how great LeBron is and how he very possibly could leave to a better option if Miami doesn't do what's necessary to stay up to par talent wise.

Still crazy to imagine.

Oh and let me just put up something about how crazy good LeBron is.

He shredded the Jazz in the fourth while guarding Big Al and Derrick Favors. Ran their entire offense, creating good looks consistently just to get the game within reach. Just couldn't finish it off, Utah/Miami games always seem to have some juice.

Milsap draining all those 3s was probably the craziest one.

He's such an amazing player.  Didn't catch the game but just reading about it you have to appreciate it and not take it for granted because we've seen it for a while now.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
wade is deteriorating very quickly. i hope we lock up d wade with avery and lee when we play them.

bosh had 1 rebound. sully makes bosh look like a joke.

I have always called Bosh a tall SG lol

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I really wanna know what happened between Wade and that fan

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Miami reporters and sportswriters seem to think he'll be ruthless about trading him.

I do as well, not because I don't think Riley would trade Wade, but more because I think if he does it might cause James to leave.  After all he came to Miami to play with his buddy Wade.  Let's put it this way, if Riley moves Wade it is because James was ok with the move and I just don't know if James will ever be ok with it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I do as well, not because I don't think Riley would trade Wade, but more because I think if he does it might cause James to leave.  After all he came to Miami to play with his buddy Wade.  Let's put it this way, if Riley moves Wade it is because James was ok with the move and I just don't know if James will ever be ok with it.
Yeah James would have to be okay with it, and even then trades this big get leaked. What if it falls through?

Wade's not exactly an even keeled guy, especially lately. I'm not sure how he'd react to being part of trade rumors, especially if he knows/thinks LBJ gave Riley the okay to shop him.

Tricky situation, very similar to the one with Pau Gasol. Which is why I think it will take a loss, maybe two, short of the Finals for it to occur.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Off topic- when all is said and done Pierce's career will outshine Wades

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
It would take a pretty disastrous playoff performance for Wade to get traded.

People are getting over-excited about a 5 game stretch of mediocre play by the Heat.

They are still the defending champions. They are still number 1 in the East. And yes, Wade is not having a great season, but he is still having a GOOD season.

He is still the best rebounding guard (well, I would say Jason Kidd and Rondo are more skilled rebounders, but Wade has the size to get a couple more per game), a good passer, and good defender. And for all the grief people are giving him, HE IS SHOOTING BETTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST YEAR!!!

This season, he has his best field goal percentage AND 3-point percentages OF HIS CAREER. He is also getting to the line more than last year.

So ... basically you people are completely overreacting if you think Wade is about to be traded.

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
So ... basically you people are completely overreacting if you think Wade is about to be traded.
We have been speculating that the Heat should trade him, not that his trade is imminent.

As for Wade's numbers holding up, its not a numbers thing. Pierce put up great numbers in 2010-2011, in many categories better than in 2007-2008. But he wasn't the same impact offensive player, especially not on a consistent basis.

That's what I'm seeing with Wade, he's very up and down overall. Heck his numbers in Utah weren't "awful", 11 points on 5-11 FGA 5 Rebs 4 Asts 2 TOs.

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
It would take a pretty disastrous playoff performance for Wade to get traded.

People are getting over-excited about a 5 game stretch of mediocre play by the Heat.

They are still the defending champions. They are still number 1 in the East. And yes, Wade is not having a great season, but he is still having a GOOD season.

He is still the best rebounding guard (well, I would say Jason Kidd and Rondo are more skilled rebounders, but Wade has the size to get a couple more per game), a good passer, and good defender. And for all the grief people are giving him, HE IS SHOOTING BETTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST YEAR!!!

This season, he has his best field goal percentage AND 3-point percentages OF HIS CAREER. He is also getting to the line more than last year.

I don't think people are saying Wade is bad, just that they could get someone back just as valuable with a better skillets for the team than what he provides.

Even with Miamis successes the Lebron Wade pairing has never been ideal. It just happens that Lebron is.so good and Wade is very good that it ends up working good enough

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 10:39:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I thought Miami should have moved Wade for Howard before the Lakers finally got him.  I think I even posted a thread on here saying that Miami should move Wade.  That said I don't think they are going to move Wade and even if they were open to it it would have to be an incredible offer and I'm not sure what that would be. 

Something that might work in theory would be Wade for Love straight up.  Obviously leaves Miami a big hole in the back court, but would definitely shore up their front court for a very long time.  It gets Minnesota the type of player that would add excitement and the sort of veteran that that team needs to really make a move in the West and with Pekovic and AK47 they could survive trading a big for a small.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

There is virtually no way this will happen.

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

There is virtually no way this will happen.
Yeah the NBA values peak play and team success.

Wade's peak coincided with the first Miami title.