Author Topic: Want Bradley to take it to the hoop more  (Read 2037 times)

Want Bradley to take it to the hoop more
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I noticed a lot of times when Bradley is in the corner for a contested 3, he could simply pump fake and drive to the basket. He can shoot that corner three pretty good,but I would like to see him pump fake and take it to the hoop when the man is close to him. I know he doesn't have the best handle, but is definitely athletic enough to get to the rim

Just a minor thing, but I think it would make him much more of an explosive scorer.

Love Bradley!

Re: Want Bradley to take it to the hoop more
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Rather him just space the floor and be there for the kick out pass from rondo. If he has an open lane go for it. Plus watch him do his signature bradely cut a bit more now he has some game minutes in his legs. If he catches him man ball watching mark him down for 2

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I would like to see Bradley do that some more.  I noticed Lee did that a bit tonight, setting up in the corner but taking it to the hoop when the defense gave him space.  I think Bradley will do that more once he gets some confidence.

Bradley hasn't been doing as many of those backdoor cuts or cuts through the lane for feeds from Rondo, but that's another thing I think he'll get back to doing as he regains confidence.

Right now, he's still a big asset spacing the floor as long as he's hitting a high percentage of those corner threes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
His D must wear him out pretty hard especially as the game progresses...If he sits in the corner making threes I'm fine with that.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:27 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
he hit 4 3's today. I think Im cool with out best shooting guard hitting 3's.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd rather he hits the corner threes and cuts to the rim when he sees the opportunity. When he takes the ball to the hoop too much it gives the opposing guard a free pass to just leak out off the made basket and avoid Avery'd pressure... i don't like that.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I think he had good shots from the corner all night and was happy to see him take a make them. From what I've seen and what I know about him Bradley is a good jump shooter. The bread in butter of his offense in high school and college was his pull up jumper. His ability to drive the ball will only improve when defenses start playing him to shoot.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:49 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
3>2

You are asking a lot from a small guard. Premeditated dribble drive from 3 point line to the rim are easily to anticipate for the bigs. Almost always there is some sort of collision at the rim. You're putting Avery at risk for injury. I think sometimes we forget just how small Avery Bradley really is. He is a 2 guard based on his skillset but not in stature. In reality Avery is smaller than a lot of point guards in the NBA (Westbrook, Rose, Holiday, Lillard, D-Will....).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:57:30 AM by Change »