Poll

What you consider is the biggest mistake D.Ainge made since 2007 ?

Trading a player ( K.Perkins, M,Brooks, G.Davis, etc.)
8 (11.1%)
Not trading a player ( R.Allen, etc.)
18 (25%)
Signing a player ( J.Green, J.O'Neal, etc.)
4 (5.6%)
Not signing a player ( K.Perkins, T.Allen, J.Posey, E.House,M.Daniels, etc.)
17 (23.6%)
Drafting a player ( J.R.Giddens, G.Pruitt, J.Johnson, etc.)
9 (12.5%)
Not drafting a player (M.Gasol, Pekovic, Chalmers, D.Jordan, Asik, Dragic, Parsons)
16 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: What you consider is the biggest mistake D.Ainge made since 2007 ?  (Read 13751 times)

Re: What you consider is the biggest mistake D.Ainge made since 2007 ?
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline DeeMeds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
For me it's easily drafting J.R. Giddens over Deandre Jordan, how do you pass on a guy with as high a ceiling as Jordan late in the first round? That's the ideal place to draft a project.

But since everyone keeps saying the same thing, how about when the Celtics traded the 7th pick in the draft (Randy Foye) for Sebastian Telfair. Rudy Gay was selected at pick 8. Brandon Roy was selected at pick 6 for Portland by Minnesota who got Foye.

Of course, DA did trade into the first round to select Rondo in that draft, but did he really know what he was selecting in Rondo? The idea was for Telfair to start after all.

The blessing in disguise in that deal of course was the Celtics acquired Theo Ratliff in the trade who later became the contract needed for the KG deal.

Need a little bit of luck to be good as a GM.

Theo wasn't the blessing in disguise, his contract was the reason for the deal.

^ Didn't I say that...

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Yes, the 2008 off-season.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that even with KG and Powe's injuries, we were 1 game away from playing Cleveland in the Eastern Conference Finals that year. I mentioned Mikki Moore in an earlier post and with good reason, he was absolutely terrible for us. And then we had Starbury, who didn't work out well either.

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Kg was gonna play for as long as he could play at a high level. A personal decision on his ability to perform. Not because of some other player.

Loyalty is very important to KG. If in fact Ainge did talk to KG about trading Ray you don't think that had a say in his decision to return?

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
In my opinion, Danny Ainge asking for KG's input on a business decision shows respect for his view as one of the leaders of the team. That it was about Ray Allen or any other player is inconsequential.

On returning to Boston: “My No. 1 reason for coming back, obviously, was Doc. Doc being here is huge. I enjoy playing for him. The guys, the city, the fans here are by far the best fans that I’ve ever been a part of, and all that stuck with me — along with some family motivation and other things of that nature. … You want to be in a position where you can still contribute and still give something. I don’t know how Danny talked me into three years. I’m enjoying my journey here. I know it sounds lame and kind of cheesy, but coming in here, preparing, doing what I love, all those put together is why I’m here.”

On Ray Allen’s departure: “I don’t have Ray’s number anymore. I’m not trying to communicate with him. I’m just being honest with everybody in here. It’s not that I wish him less than or whatever, it’s just what it is. I choose not to. That’s a choice I personally made. I’m very close to Ray, I know his family, I wish nothing but the best for him and his family, I just made the choice to move on. That’s all. I’m focusing on J.T., Courtney Lee, the new guys that are here. … I wasn’t going to come here and answer a bunch of Ray Allen questions. I was going to obviously answer one time, and then focus on what’s right here in this gym and what’s present. That’s where I’m at.”
I moved the cheese.