Author Topic: Expectations for tomorrow (January 15)  (Read 7637 times)

Re: Expectations for tomorrow (January 15)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Yea, nothing is going to happen tomorrow. It will sometime close to the deadline.

I also would mentally prepare yourself for someone other than the guys we want sent out to be traded. 

After 2 years ago, yeah, I'm prepared for anybody except KG to be traded away.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact that a trade could happen, but, personally, I think I'd rather just keep this gang together.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Bass aint goin nowhere
get over it

disagree.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yea, nothing is going to happen tomorrow. It will sometime close to the deadline.

I also would mentally prepare yourself for someone other than the guys we want sent out to be traded. 

Chances are, some of the guys we don't want to be traded, will be the ones to go, if Danny does make a deal.
Yup.

It will be interesting to see. Though I think Danny will give this group till close to deadline in all odds.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact that a trade could happen, but, personally, I think I'd rather just keep this gang together.
ok..but we had best sign a vet big then for next to nothing and hope he is not a bum. we need a real player at the 5 when KG is out.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Nothing. Just wait and see.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think the Feb. trade deadline is where the moves will happen.

We are on a nice win streak, it will help Danny as he will have sone room and time to evaluate the team.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
After this nice little winning streak that could extend further, are you guys expecting anything tomorrow (once Bass and Green become eligible to be traded)?

I think Bass is one of (if not the) most tradable player on our team, so I could see him being moved. The question is just how soon. I no longer think there's any urgency. A month ago many of us were counting down the minutes until tomorrow. Anyone else agree we can just ride the wave for a little now?

In other words, I don't expect anything tomorrow.
I don't see how Bass is tradeable. We have three rotation big men right now -- trading one of them for another is a lateral move.

If anything, one of the guards is expendable (because Barbosa is able to soak up some minutes), and when the music stops, Jason Terry is likely the one without a chair. Though I don't think a trade will happen at all tomorrow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Bass is definitely a goner with Sullinger's emergence. Ainge could flip bass straight up for a decent backup PG or maybe piece him with someone like Bradley, Melo, Terry, etc to try and get a solid Center.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 12:12:03 AM »

Offline aries31

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Bass has not been the reason for the win streak. I think it's time to trade him and get a real center. Bass and collins for dalembert is the best trade to do without giving up our young guys. we need to get a real center and get rid of the jump shooter.

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 01:28:48 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
what can terry bring for a backup center?
with draft picks or melo
with bass , how much better of a center

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:19 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Would feel bad for Terry, tattoo and all. But if he does net DA a really really good player who will help the C's, another casualty of the "business".
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I saw over on the RealGM forums:

One source says Ainge has been shopping Bass hard on the hunt for a big man
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 04:45:32 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't see how Bass is tradeable. We have three rotation big men right now -- trading one of them for another is a lateral move.

1. We have Green, Sullinger, KG, Wilcox (on his return) who can all play PF

2. His salary is reasonable enough to keep him desirable, yet high enough to allow us to get a reasonable player back

3. He's been arguably the worst player on our team over the course of this season. At 26 years old he's unlikely to have lost all his skill in the space of one season, so many teams may want to take a chance in the hope a change of scenery and bigger role brings back the Bass from last season - I legitiately think the emergence of Sullinger has hurt his confidence (along with him being move to the bench at times) so his situation here may not be the best one for him.

Obviously he's no superstar and he won't bring us back a Paul Millsap or a Marcin Gortat, but he might bring us a solid second tier center who can give us solid production behind KG for 20 mins a night.

Personally I think that Wilcox (once he returns) and Collins have done a pretty solid job of holding down the backup center position do I don't think we really NEED a trade to be honest.

Still, Bass has gone downhill big time and as Sully's minutes increase I get the feeling Bass' prouction will continue to drop the the point of invisible.

$4M-$5M a year is a lot of money for a 6'7" PF who's mediocre defensively, one dimensional offensively, a mediocre rebounder, and only on the court for 15 minutes a night.

It would not surprise me in the least to see any combination of Bass/Terry/Barbosa/Collins/Picks sent out in an attempt to get us back a capable big man

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 04:58:48 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Bass, picks for J-Smoove  :-X

Please please please please please please please