Poll

The Denver Post believes Timofey Mozgov will be dealt before the February 21 trade deadline.

Take Him
21 (95.5%)
Don't Take Him
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: March 17, 2013, 07:00:06 AM

Author Topic: Mozgov trade ideas (merged)  (Read 23544 times)

Re: Mozgov trade ideas (merged)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Trivia: what three players have the worst net plus/minus on the Denver Nuggets this year?

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213DEN.HTM

Look who has the best.... None of those players play consistently enough for +/- to be relevant.

Yeah, but he makes a fair point; Randolph, Mozgov, and Chandler are playing like dookie. Personally for me, I see a deal in the making because of that. But its true, they're the hot garbage of the rotation.

I am not saying his point isn't fair. The numbers are what they are and you have to at least recognize them, but I wouldn't put too much stock in them either. Doesn't seem like any of those guys get much opportunity in Denver.

Still if you can use those numbers as a way to buy low then by all means go for it.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Denver shouldn't trade Wilson Chandler for Bass.

Wilson Chandler is far more valuable both individually and to Denver with his multi-positional play versus the one position and limited undersized PF Brandon Bass.

So you do the trade? If you're the Celtics?
Yes, of course. It's a great deal for Boston.

Well I would like to revisit your thoughts on why Denver would be foolish to do it.

Both Mozgov and Chandler are out of the rotation. There isn't really any minutes on their team for them at the moment. In fact they are really only missing a backup PF.

*Lawson and Miller man the PG minutes.
*Igoudala and Brewer get the majority of the SG minutes with Lawson/Miller getting some  when they share the floor together
*Gallinari and Igoudala get the SF minutes
* Fraried and Gallinari get the PF minutes
*Koufos and McGhee get the Center minutes

By acquiring Bass they have more alternatives for a backup PF for Fraried. Let's not forget their first round pick Evan Fournier is also a SG and he will need minutes at some time too. Chandler is on an expensive deal for a Coach's DNP player.

I see a lot of reasons for them to move him.

Wilson Chandler will be back in Denver's rotation once he gets healthy. Injury problems are the only thing that have been holding him back.

Wilson Chandler gives Denver one of the best backup wings in the NBA. He is a major upgrade over Corey Brewer, Jordan Hamilton and Evan Fournier. A top 20 SF in the league today. Capable of playing two guard, quick forward and as a big forward. A three position player. His versatility is a fantastic addition to a squad with Andre Iguodala (SG, SF) and Gallinari (SF, PF).

A lineup with Iggy (SG) + W.Chandler (SF) + Gallinari (PF) is far more dangerous than a lineup with Bass in Chandler's place. Everything Denver can do with Bass, they can do better with Wilson Chandler.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Denver shouldn't trade Wilson Chandler for Bass.

Wilson Chandler is far more valuable both individually and to Denver with his multi-positional play versus the one position and limited undersized PF Brandon Bass.

So you do the trade? If you're the Celtics?
Yes, of course. It's a great deal for Boston.

Well I would like to revisit your thoughts on why Denver would be foolish to do it.

Both Mozgov and Chandler are out of the rotation. There isn't really any minutes on their team for them at the moment. In fact they are really only missing a backup PF.

*Lawson and Miller man the PG minutes.
*Igoudala and Brewer get the majority of the SG minutes with Lawson/Miller getting some  when they share the floor together
*Gallinari and Igoudala get the SF minutes
* Fraried and Gallinari get the PF minutes
*Koufos and McGhee get the Center minutes

By acquiring Bass they have more alternatives for a backup PF for Fraried. Let's not forget their first round pick Evan Fournier is also a SG and he will need minutes at some time too. Chandler is on an expensive deal for a Coach's DNP player.

I see a lot of reasons for them to move him.

Wilson Chandler will be back in Denver's rotation once he gets healthy. Injury problems are the only thing that have been holding him back.

Wilson Chandler gives Denver one of the best backup wings in the NBA. He is a major upgrade over Corey Brewer, Jordan Hamilton and Evan Fournier. A top 20 SF in the league today. Capable of playing two guard, quick forward and as a big forward. A three position player. His versatility is a fantastic addition to a squad with Andre Iguodala (SG, SF) and Gallinari (SF, PF).

A lineup with Iggy (SG) + W.Chandler (SF) + Gallinari (PF) is far more dangerous than a lineup with Bass in Chandler's place. Everything Denver can do with Bass, they can do better with Wilson Chandler.

Most of these Teams in the West don't play small though. Gallo doesn't bang like Bass does. Asking him to guard Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, Serge Iabaka, and maybe even Tim Duncan for stretches of games seems risky to me. All it takes is foul trouble to Fraried.

Of course playing Devil's Advocate all those guys have to guard Gallo as well.

Might all be moot because I can easily see Gallo being moved in a deal for Gay and maybe that makes Chandler more valuable to the team.

As of now I don't really see a lot of minutes for Chandler with their current rotation. I think he is very movable at the moment. 

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
An intriguing big man has emerged on the trading block that the Miami Heat could go after. League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

The Heat also could dangle a first-round draft pick they are due from Philadelphia that is lottery protected. It would go to Miami as soon as next June if the 76ers don’t make the playoffs. “I heard Miami is trying to find a big guy,’’ Mozgov said when asked about the Heat, who have had rebounding problems all season. “We’ll see. I don’t know (what might happen).’’

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/14/13/Heat-could-pursue-big-man-Timofey-Mozgov/landing_heat.html?blockID=849199&feedID=10140

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
An intriguing big man has emerged on the trading block that the Miami Heat could go after. League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

The Heat also could dangle a first-round draft pick they are due from Philadelphia that is lottery protected. It would go to Miami as soon as next June if the 76ers don’t make the playoffs. “I heard Miami is trying to find a big guy,’’ Mozgov said when asked about the Heat, who have had rebounding problems all season. “We’ll see. I don’t know (what might happen).’’

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/14/13/Heat-could-pursue-big-man-Timofey-Mozgov/landing_heat.html?blockID=849199&feedID=10140
Ughh don't want him to go there
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Ughh don't want him to go there
Meh, I don't think Mozgov would add much to Miami.

Also, I think Miami would be seriously overpaying for Mozgov if they gave up that Philly draft pick for him. Bad use of their assets. If they were to make this deal, they lose more than they gain.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:22 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't think Denver is getting a first round pick for Mozgov.

Maybe a pair of second rounders. Something like that. With an expiring deal or a trade exception that would save them a small bit of cash.

Yep. Bigs are always valuable, but Mozgov isn't worth a 1st

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:53 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/01/13/danilo-gallinari-ty-lawson-nuggets-warriors/1831815/

Wilson Chandler returned after a two-month absence due to hip problems with a strong effort on both sides of the ball for the Denver Nuggets.

Chandler scored 14 points in 21 minutes, tops among Denver's reserves, and had two steals to key a big fourth-quarter run as the Nuggets rallied past the Golden State Warriors 116-105 Sunday night for their season-high fifth consecutive win.

Yes chandler is off to a rough start this year, but you have to cut him a little slack - he transitioned back into the NBA midseason last year due to playing overseas and injuries have kept him out for a while this year.

He seems to have fallen off a bit from what he once was, but he's a much more valuable player than Brandon Bass when healthy.  I'd love to see Chandler in green, but i think Denver could get more for him.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/01/13/danilo-gallinari-ty-lawson-nuggets-warriors/1831815/

Wilson Chandler returned after a two-month absence due to hip problems with a strong effort on both sides of the ball for the Denver Nuggets.

Chandler scored 14 points in 21 minutes, tops among Denver's reserves, and had two steals to key a big fourth-quarter run as the Nuggets rallied past the Golden State Warriors 116-105 Sunday night for their season-high fifth consecutive win.

Yes chandler is off to a rough start this year, but you have to cut him a little slack - he transitioned back into the NBA midseason last year due to playing overseas and injuries have kept him out for a while this year.

He seems to have fallen off a bit from what he once was, but he's a much more valuable player than Brandon Bass when healthy.  I'd love to see Chandler in green, but i think Denver could get more for him.
I'm reading your post and expecting the article to say he did bad but he did well?!
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
pass unless its for a 2nd rounder
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Trivia: what three players have the worst net plus/minus on the Denver Nuggets this year?

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213DEN.HTM

Look who has the best.... None of those players play consistently enough for +/- to be relevant.

Yeah, but he makes a fair point; Randolph, Mozgov, and Chandler are playing like dookie. Personally for me, I see a deal in the making because of that. But its true, they're the hot garbage of the rotation.

I am not saying his point isn't fair. The numbers are what they are and you have to at least recognize them, but I wouldn't put too much stock in them either. Doesn't seem like any of those guys get much opportunity in Denver.

Still if you can use those numbers as a way to buy low then by all means go for it.

I asked the question as much for humor value as anything, and I agree about the sample size being small because they don't play much, but it is worth pointing out that not playing much and having horrible numbers are not completely unrelated phenomena.

Chandler's case is different of course because he's been hurt.

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm one of the people that always wanted A. Randolph too, but if he hasn't panned out by now, it's unlikely he will. Right?

Mosgov doesn't seem to be that much of an upgrade from Semih, who is hanging out somewhere in Europe.

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
A deal for Mozgov could actually work because we would have the upper hand with them needing Bass. We could probably ask for one of Anthony Randolph, Evan Fournier, Quincy Miller, Jordan Hamilton, or a second round pick.

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
It's pretty far fetched to imagine that Mozgov is going to have a real impact on the Cs championship hopes in 2013.

I supposed I'd do it to be rid of Bass -- a dim whit and severely overrated on this board -- but not with Randolph coming back. His ship has sailed.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)