Poll

The Denver Post believes Timofey Mozgov will be dealt before the February 21 trade deadline.

Take Him
21 (95.5%)
Don't Take Him
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: March 17, 2013, 07:00:06 AM

Author Topic: Mozgov trade ideas (merged)  (Read 23537 times)

Re: Mozgov trade ideas (merged)
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
It's pretty far fetched to imagine that Mozgov is going to have a real impact on the Cs championship hopes in 2013.

I supposed I'd do it to be rid of Bass -- a dim whit and severely overrated on this board -- but not with Randolph coming back. His ship has sailed.

I'm sure he's not. Nobody's calling him amazing.

If they could reduce Collins's minutes, I'd be more than happy. We already have Jeff Green, Wilcox and Sully at the 4 so I can see why Bass is expendable.

Randolph/Mozgov can't be worse than Collins or Hollins right?

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
It's pretty far fetched to imagine that Mozgov is going to have a real impact on the Cs championship hopes in 2013.

I supposed I'd do it to be rid of Bass -- a dim whit and severely overrated on this board -- but not with Randolph coming back. His ship has sailed.

If they could reduce Collins's minutes, I'd be more than happy. We already have Jeff Green, Wilcox and Sully at the 4 so I can see why Bass is expendable.

He's overrated day in and day out here. He's the Cs least effective player. You could sign DJ White out of Shanghai and pretty much get the same overall impact, as far as I'm concerned.

But I don't see taking guaranteed money on Randolph for him. Bass is the closest thing we have to a knucklehead in green -- getting Mozgov isn't worth taking Randolph to me, unless they just cut the guy.

If they'd do someone like Fournier with Mozgov for Boss, I'm game. But why would Denver?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

He's overrated day in and day out here. He's the Cs least effective player. You could sign DJ White out of Shanghai and pretty much get the same overall impact, as far as I'm concerned.

But I don't see taking guaranteed money on Randolph for him. Bass is the closest thing we have to a knucklehead in green -- getting Mozgov isn't worth taking Randolph to me, unless they just cut the guy.

If they'd do someone like Fournier with Mozgov for Boss, I'm game. But why would Denver?

Comments I see range from "he sucks" to "he's okay". Pretty much straight across the board the consensus is if we're to make a trade, he'd be the one so there's no contradiction here.

By knucklehead do you mean low basketball IQ? Or locker room poison?

I haven't heard much about him being a bad teammate. Wikipedia says he had questionable work ethic in Golden State way back when. This site speculates that he's been discontent with playing time...but I haven't heard much from his stint on the Nuggets.

I wouldn't ever want to hurt our locker room. Doesn't seem like he would.

If it's on court IQ, you don't like Bass's IQ either. Plus he wouldn't sniff the floor so why would it matter?

Worst case scenario is we upgrade Bass to a legit sized center, freeing up minutes for our many forwards. All for a roster spot and salary filler in Anthony Randolph, right?

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How many of you would do this?

Mozgov and Wilson chandler

For

Brandon bass and fab melo?

I think chandler could be a nice asset (more so then bass) for a future trade this summer or next season. Mozgov could potentially help this team this season more then bass could.
Why on Earth do the Celtics trade for Wilson Chandler when they have Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry already playing the back ups at the wing position and the C's are already struggling to find all those guys minutes?

Unless you have a deal that is sending Green out of town, trading Bass and Melo for Mozgov and Chandler makes no sense. Bass is a much more useful player than Mosgov and it seems a shame to give him and a prospect up for a mediocre backup center and a guy you can never give minutes to.

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

He's on it!

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
How many of you would do this?

Mozgov and Wilson chandler

For

Brandon bass and fab melo?

I think chandler could be a nice asset (more so then bass) for a future trade this summer or next season. Mozgov could potentially help this team this season more then bass could.
Why on Earth do the Celtics trade for Wilson Chandler when they have Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry already playing the back ups at the wing position and the C's are already struggling to find all those guys minutes?

Unless you have a deal that is sending Green out of town, trading Bass and Melo for Mozgov and Chandler makes no sense. Bass is a much more useful player than Mosgov and it seems a shame to give him and a prospect up for a mediocre backup center and a guy you can never give minutes to.

Chandler is an asset. That's all. Flip him or one of the others in the summer. This is all mentioned in the thread based on his value being greater universally then Bass's value. My back and forth with Who and pearl jammer I believe explain my thinking.

I'm not sold mozgov wouldn't be more valuable to us then Bass. Bass starts but his role is being reduced weekly. When Wilcox comes back that likely increases. A big center would be nice to have. Between Wilcox kg and sully and green we have enough to handle the PF load. It's at backup C we are thin.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We don't need just any big, we need a big that can rebound and good in the post.  I wouldn't move a piece for this guy.  We need a splash trade, not another patch.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I wont give up a ton for him.

Would they do Bass and a 2nd rounder? Coz I mean, he's a big but I dont think he'll change anything. Well, maybe a little bit but still, that's pretty much what Danny should just offer.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I wont give up a ton for him.

Would they do Bass and a 2nd rounder? Coz I mean, he's a big but I dont think he'll change anything. Well, maybe a little bit but still, that's pretty much what Danny should just offer.

100% Agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNF-FqCh2A

The kid has skill, he has a nice little 12 foot jumper... it's not like he's some big hulking body, he knows how to play.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:32:58 AM by xmuscularghandix »

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
wish denver would take the bass bait. this kid is way better than collins and looks to have the hustle of semih erden.

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 01:58:58 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Doesn't Denver still have the aprox $13m trade exception from dealing Nene?

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

If they'd do someone like Fournier with Mozgov for Bass, I'm game. But why would Denver?

::)

Meaning... we don't have any. Just cause Bass isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer doesn't make him a distraction.

Randolph is obviously worse -- a Gerald Green type.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Chandler is an asset. That's all. Flip him or one of the others in the summer.

Chandler is not an asset. Not until he plays a 20-30 game stretch without injury or drama, plays hard, and plays well.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Chandler is an asset. That's all. Flip him or one of the others in the summer.

Chandler is not an asset. Not until he plays a 20-30 game stretch without injury or drama, plays hard, and plays well.
This.

Add in that the only time it's worth bringing in someone that you plan to use as a trade chip is if they're becoming (or are) an expiring contract.