Author Topic: Trade target: Robin Lopez  (Read 7761 times)

Re: Trade target: Robin Lopez
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The only reason I'm suggesting trading lee is to get rivers in the deal too with Lopez. Otherwise I'd just do bass and a pick for Lopez

They aren't giving up Rivers for Lee.  Maybe in a year or two, but Rivers was always a bit of a project, and not one they will give up on that quickly, unless they are getting a better asset than a roleplaying wing. 

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
While we are here. How about we get the other guy in NawLeans. He's expendable, and can be had for Bass straight up. (we'll not really since the salaries don't match but you get my drift)

We will pull one from the MY BOY list. JASON SMITH!

The man is losing playing time because of their (somewhat) loaded FC in Anderson, Davis and Lopez. But when he plays 20 minutes or more, his averages goes...

51%FG, 5.7 Rebounds, 1.2 Assist, 1.4 Blocks, 0.6 Steals, 1.6 TO's, 13.5 Points / Game.

Can play both 4 and 5 spots.

He can help BIG TIME.

Yeah, give him to us.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:33:39 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Robin is almost a +15 Efficiency which rates him at 19th amongst NBA centers, and several on the centers' list on nba.com are truly PF's.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/robin_lopez/index.html?nav=page

I agree that he does NOT look smooth and impressive doing what he does:-)))))

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Yoki,

You are right about Jason Smith.  Very solid.  I went to the New Orleans/Bobcats game in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago and he was solid in person!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:24:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Lee is starting to grow on me. His offense is coming around, and he and Bradley make a daunting defense duo. This team has always been built on defense, which starts at the perimeter. If we dump Lee, Bradley becomes the only consistently great perimeter defender on the team, and I think that would spell trouble for us.

Plus, Lopez doesn't seem to rebound much for a 7-footer.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Lopez is not a stellar rebounder, but I do like those 1.8 blocks per game.  We could use those!!!  Besides, with Sully swallowing up boards of late, that might be fixing itself:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yoki,

You are right about Jason Smith.  Very solid.  I went to the New Orleans/Bobcats game in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago and he was solid in person!!!

Smitty77

NIce, finally someone who's on board.

Like I said, he's no superstar, all star or anything. But his little ways would greatly help us. He has the length that we need. A mid range shot which is solid enough, especially on pick and pop plays. He definitely has some nasty in him (ask Blake Griffin), he's technically a taller albeit slower Bass. And I'd take him over Bass right now.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The only reason I'm suggesting trading lee is to get rivers in the deal too with Lopez. Otherwise I'd just do bass and a pick for Lopez

But Rivers isn't really that good thus far this year and wont help us contend come playoff time. Much rather keep Lee and his stellar defense than take Rivers as a project and have a new whole in our bench at the guard spot.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
At this point, I am not sure I would give up Lee for a guy like Lopez.  I think Lopez is a bit overrated by some on this board, and Lee has become a critical piece of the C's defensive system.

That's not to say Lee is untouchable, I just would only trade him in a package for a guy who is more of a lock to be part of the C's regular rotation, and I am not sure Lopez is.

I'm also hesitant to give up Lee. I'd rather give up Terry, and his veteran presence might be a nice fit on the Hornets.

Bass and Melo for Lopez makes some sense as well.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Getting Rivers would be horrible.  He has been one of the worst players in the league this year.  No way should he be playing for his dad.  That would be very awkward if Doc gave him any playing time, as bad as he has been.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
At this point, I am not sure I would give up Lee for a guy like Lopez.  I think Lopez is a bit overrated by some on this board, and Lee has become a critical piece of the C's defensive system.

That's not to say Lee is untouchable, I just would only trade him in a package for a guy who is more of a lock to be part of the C's regular rotation, and I am not sure Lopez is.

I'm also hesitant to give up Lee. I'd rather give up Terry, and his veteran presence might be a nice fit on the Hornets.

I wouldn't move Melo in a deal for Lopez.  Bass is about it.  I think of it as a better offensive player for a taller player.  Lopez is ok to have but I don't see him putting us over the top fora title and not worth the C's giving up their future center project who could very well turn out to be better than Lopez in a couple of years (and have a career long after Lopez is out of the NBA)

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I wouldn't move Melo in a deal for Lopez.  Bass is about it.  I think of it as a better offensive player for a taller player.  Lopez is ok to have but I don't see him putting us over the top fora title and not worth the C's giving up their future center project who could very well turn out to be better than Lopez in a couple of years (and have a career long after Lopez is out of the NBA)

Robin Lopez is only two years older than Melo, and has already proven himself to be a decent NBA player.  It's pretty unlikely that Melo ever becomes as good as Lopez is now, and I'm doubtful that Melo's career will last any longer than Lopez's.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like Robin Lopez, but I agree with others who say that I don't think his impact would be enough to worth giving up significant assets for him.

I think if Danny makes any kind of a move other than adding a guy off the waiver wire, or trading a pick and a couple of minimum contracts for somebody, or whatever, it should be one with the potential to have a major impact. 

This team is not a small move for a role player away from suddenly being substantially better.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Lopez would be a solid addition, but I want no part of Rivers.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Robin Lopez is only two years older than Melo, and has already proven himself to be a decent NBA player.  It's pretty unlikely that Melo ever becomes as good as Lopez is now, and I'm doubtful that Melo's career will last any longer than Lopez's.

Yeah, I have no problem giving up Melo for a guy like Lopez.  Melo is still a longshot to ever be as good as Lopez is now, and Lopez still has some potential.

My problem is trading a key piece of the current team for a guy like Lopez, who might not even help the team as much as Lee does right now.  But if we are talking about a relatively marginal prospect like Melo, who won't help the team at all this year, then its game on.