Author Topic: SoSH and a fan's chat with ainge...  (Read 6563 times)

Re: SoSH and a fan's chat with ainge...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I'm not buying this story as written.  However, the guy on SoSH who posted it is a respected poster, so maybe it's a case of the person translating Ainge's thoughts skewering them. 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:25:43 PM by TripleOT »

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think the story was crafted to be "believable" to some though. Along with pushing a POV on the forums, plus general trolling.

The Tony Allen thing in the 07-08 playoffs also popped out to me, because Tony didn't even get in the game for Game 4 for more than a token appearance.

This. I mean, has anybody ever had an opportunity to talk with Danny on this board? I have once, and I can tell you he is not exactly warm and fuzzy, or particularly talkative. Count me as skeptical.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I don't believe it. That's all. Nice try though.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I doubt this report highly. No NBA GM would be this open in today's social media world.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Seems pretty legit to me. I know Perk is one of the most widely disliked players in the league. I mean the NBA players voted him the top player " who thinks he's good but really sucks". And Ray and Doc's comments were after Ray left were pretty in line with this poster.

I think this is relatively legit