Author Topic: SoSH and a fan's chat with ainge...  (Read 6568 times)

SoSH and a fan's chat with ainge...
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I sometimes post on SoSH, and saw this post a day or so ago. Scroll down to post #158 (past the funny honeynut Cheerios pix)  :)

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/75025-2012-general-celtics-notes/page__st__150

It is only a report from a "kid" who managed to talk with ainge for 45 minutes, but it has interesting points. The one about KG and rondo was especially interesting for me.

What ainge supposedly had to say about sully, gay, and others should make CB folks rethink some of their  trade ideas.

I dont know how reliable the post is, but having dealt with SOSH for a few years, I know they are down right ruthless with anything they consider BS. If nothing else, it is a fun read and the entire thread has some good discussion.

I hope mentioning SoSH doesn't violate a CB rule/code. :-X

Enjoy...
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: SoSH and a fan's chat with ainge...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm always pretty skeptical of stuff like this.  Danny has pretty loose lips if he's telling a group of random fans that there was a mutual dislike between Doc and Ray, or that most of Perk's teammates didn't like him (which contradicts everything we've ever heard).  Danny is also an idiot if he thinks "Varejao stinks" or "Rudy Gay sucks", and I'm extraordinarily skeptical that he'd call the Jeff Green situation a "debacle".  Also, the thought that there's "antipathy" between KG and Rondo seems counter to anything we've heard

Maybe this guy's son ran into an Ainge lookalike, or more likely, he's making it up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:02 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Would a GM be so straight-shooting? As in straight up say something like "Varejao sucks"?

That said, the only thing I really cannot believe is KG-Rondo. They are seriously such bros. You know KG isn't afraid to show what he feels about people (and neither is Rondo).

Maybe Ainge and the management don't like Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'll add my two cents on the side of skepticism. I highly doubt Danny answers questions like that even in a non-public setting.

Not to mention specific answers that don't fit what we've seen. (Perkins disliked by team, KG/Rondo having issues, etc.)

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
No.  I don't think it's possible that Danny Ainge is being that forthcoming about stuff that he certainly would never say to the media to a couple of random fans.

I do not believe it one bit. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm always pretty skeptical of stuff like this.  Danny has pretty loose lips if he's telling a group of random fans that there was a mutual dislike between Doc and Ray, or that most of Perk's teammates didn't like him (which contradicts everything we've ever heard).  Danny is also an idiot if he thinks "Varejao stinks" or "Rudy Gay sucks", and I'm extraordinarily skeptical that he'd call the Jeff Green situation a "debacle".  Also, the thought that there's "antipathy" between KG and Rondo seems counter to anything we've heard

Maybe this guy's son ran into an Ainge lookalike, or more likely, he's making it up.

Yeah, SoSH being mostly reliable notwithstanding, this seems a bit too much of a "scoop."  Hard to believe Danny would just go off like this.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Would a GM be so straight-shooting? As in straight up say something like "Varejao sucks"?

That said, the only thing I really cannot believe is KG-Rondo. They are seriously such bros. You know KG isn't afraid to show what he feels about people (and neither is Rondo).

Maybe Ainge and the management don't like Rondo.

Yeah I dont see him telling all his management secrets to a group of kids just to "be nice". Especially in the days of twitter and facebook.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
wow. so KG and Rondo have problems? That really does not surprise me if true from that link. I said it before. You move the ball as a team like we did with rondo out and you do not need a great PG. Just a guy who can score and dish. he does not need to be a great facilitator. It would not surprise me to see rondo traded by Danny for a big man.

and yes, i agree most of it sounds like hogwash.....but the part about possible problems could be true and rondo could be up for a trade. who knows?  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
These dudes hate each other:

... which is why they're hanging out together outside of the team.

Here's how CSN described the relationship between KG and Rondo:

Second, it's fantastic to see KG and Rondo hanging out together. Not that it's any surprise. I think it's fair to say the relationship between these two goes deeper than any inter-athlete relationship in town. Deeper than Brady and Welker. Deeper than Lackey and Beckett. The KG/Rondo dynamic is a complicated mix of father/son, big brother/little brother, Master Po/Grasshopper and buddy/buddy. There are all sorts of ins and outs and what-have-yous. Just know that it's unbelievably special, and there's no relationship more integral to the Celtics success this season. So it's good to see them out having fun, continuing to build on their already rock solid foundation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
pretty sure that Rondo and KG might be the closest friends on the team based on reports
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Second, it's fantastic to see KG and Rondo hanging out together. Not that it's any surprise. I think it's fair to say the relationship between these two goes deeper than any inter-athlete relationship in town. Deeper than Brady and Welker. Deeper than Lackey and Beckett. The KG/Rondo dynamic is a complicated mix of father/son, big brother/little brother, Master Po/Grasshopper and buddy/buddy. There are all sorts of ins and outs and what-have-yous. Just know that it's unbelievably special, and there's no relationship more integral to the Celtics success this season. So it's good to see them out having fun, continuing to build on their already rock solid foundation.

hard to read rajon at times. you could easily make out he and KG have issues on the floor. But not at that time off the floor clearly in your pic. DOes not mean there could not be problems we do not know about. again, who knows? ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Not sure what concerns me more, the article or the fact Rondo is pictured next to Snoop Dogg with a shirt that reads "High" lol
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 09:26:31 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'm sure Rondo would shove guys twice his size for fouling KG when he dislikes him

I'm sure Rondo would stand between KG and Melo at the bus if he dislikes him

...said no one
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Maybe Danny was just being tongue in cheek the whole time.

Sure, Perk's teammates hated him.

Sure, KG and Rondo are at each others throats.

Sure, Varejao and Rudy Gay suck.

The only way those sentences would ever come out of Danny's mouth was if he was clowning.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I only believe this "chat" if Ainge was drunk, and as far as I know, Danny doesn't drink.