Author Topic: If they only grew a couple more inches...  (Read 10506 times)

Re: If they only grew a couple more inches...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 08:34:03 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What about Reggie Evans with two more inches? Still no offense but he could be averaging something like 16 boards and 3 blocks a game with 2 more inches.

If OJ Mayo was 6 foot 6 instead of 6 foot 4 I think he would be pretty dominate as well. Already a great scorer. Those 2 extra inches would make him that more dangerous going to the basket.

Also surprised that no ones mentioned Big Baby Davis... Superstar, I dont know because the bad shot selection would still be there...But with two more inches and still the same mobility in the post, then take away the amount of shots he gets blocked.

And as a throw back. Two more inches of Ben Wallace woulda been fillllthy.

Bradley and Sully would be the most interesting of our current squad

A 6'10, 6'11'' Glen Davis would not be a superstar.  Definitely quite a bit better, but still not a superstar.

Ben Wallace would have been even more of an All-Time great if he were a couple inches taller.  Crazy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What about Reggie Evans with two more inches? Still no offense but he could be averaging something like 16 boards and 3 blocks a game with 2 more inches.

If OJ Mayo was 6 foot 6 instead of 6 foot 4 I think he would be pretty dominate as well. Already a great scorer. Those 2 extra inches would make him that more dangerous going to the basket.

Also surprised that no ones mentioned Big Baby Davis... Superstar, I dont know because the bad shot selection would still be there...But with two more inches and still the same mobility in the post, then take away the amount of shots he gets blocked.

A 6'10, 6'11'' Glen Davis would not be a superstar.  Definitely quite a bit better, but still not a superstar.

Ben Wallace would have been even more of an All-Time great if he were a couple inches taller.  Crazy.

Yeah I still don't think Big Baby would be dominate but he would certainly put up better offensive numbers.

And I still can't get over the thought of Wallace with two more inches.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Yeah I still don't think Big Baby would be dominate but he would certainly put up better offensive numbers.

Isn't Big Baby closer to 6'7?

6'11 Davis might be scary. Again, what Andre Blatche should have been and could possibly still be.

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

6'11 Davis might be scary. Again, what Andre Blatche should have been and could possibly still be.

I think A 6 11 Davis would be much much much better than anything Blatche could ever be.

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Josh Smith
Boozer
David West
Marc Gasol
AK47
Ibaka
Zach Randolph

Those are the only ones that stick out to me.  Two inches isn't the difference between superstars and non-superstars, especially with perimeter players.  Maybe Tony Parker or Steph Curry.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Anyone at least 6'2" and attempts to defend or rebound would be much better with an extra 2".  I don't think it would make much difference with short points like Chris Paul or nonrebounding bigs like Bargnani.

I agree that Leon and Bass would be helped trememdously. 

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

I think A 6 11 Davis would be much much much better than anything Blatche could ever be.

On the flip side, BBD's defense would be scary. It's darn good as it is right now.

Product of the Garnett school of big men. Too bad we weren't able to harvest our fruits of labor.

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I think a 6-11 Big Baby would be pretty similar to Demarcus Cousins.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
On the flip side, BBD's defense would be scary. It's darn good as it is right now.

Product of the Garnett school of big men. Too bad we weren't able to harvest our fruits of labor.
He defense the past two years is no different that it was his last few years with the C's.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Thought of another name.

Thad Young at 6'10"?

That's a keeper.

Like the list mgent gave outside of Randolph and Ibaka.

Randolph I think is already a superstar, Ibaka even at 7'0" I think will still be the same.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think a 6-11 Big Baby would be pretty similar to Demarcus Cousins.
Yeah, so much of his rebounding/defensive woes are due to his size and short reach. And he's still a good offensive rebounder when put into that role.

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

He defense the past two years is no different that it was his last few years with the C's.

I think he's solid right now right? Defense has never been a problem if I recall.

6'11, mobile, good instincts. Dang.

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Thought of another name.

Thad Young at 6'10"?

That's a keeper.

Like the list mgent gave outside of Randolph and Ibaka.

Randolph I think is already a superstar, Ibaka even at 7'0" I think will still be the same.

On second thought, I'll back pedal.

Thad is too limited to be a superstar, even at 6'10". Inconsitent jumper, no post moves.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Chuck Hayes is a name that certainly stands out.

At 6'6, he's still one of the post defenders in the game. While he'd still be undersized, I can't imagine what an extra 2 inches would do for him.

Luis Scola is another guy that I didn't see get mentioned, though I guess he's just a lesser example of Zach Randolph.

Wonder how Dwyane Wade's career would turn out. Would an extra two inches at least prolong his career? at 6'6 he's probably not taking the same kind of hits he has throughout his career. Though he'd probably not be quite as quick.

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
AI.  If he had the size of a true SG, he wouldn't of had so many bad shots.

Muggsy Bogues.  If he could have the career he had at 5'3, imagine what it could have been a 6'

Gheorghe Mureșan - I just want to see an 8 foot player.