Author Topic: A painful box score - Lakers 83, Celtics 79 (Game 7)  (Read 11851 times)

Re: A painful box score - Lakers 83, Celtics 79 (Game 7)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 07:54:22 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Garnett 3 rebounds..gasol 18.

That is all

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AjLW66nuM4WGl4jJsQMWPWYUPKB4?gid=2010061713

Upon looking back at the game we would have won with Perk, here a few things that stand out to me.

• The Lakers got 56 minutes out of their bench, the Celtics just 30 minutes
  • Tony Allen was -9 in just five minutes
  • Out-rebounded 53 to 40
  • 25 Celtics fouls to 19 Lakers fouls
  • Rasheed played over 35 minutes, before fouling out
  • Rondo just two rebounds short of a triple-double
  • Kobe Bryant had 15 rebounds and Gasol had 18
  • Derek Fisher made both of his 3's
  • Artest had five steals, three fouls

Thanks for stirring this one up again. Was just what I needed on a Monday.... :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
This game is one of the biggest reasons why I question Doc's ability to coach

Yep. He barely played Nate in that game, a game where we struggled to score and needed his offense, despite him helping you win one of the previous playoff games against the Lakers.  Also Tony didn't play that much, despite all the accollades Tony was getting for shutting down Kobe.  Tony might have even scored on a night when we had trouble scoring.  He doesn't shoot, but he drives to the line and gets fouled.  He might have even got some of those rebounds that Kobe got.  No Celtic played that well, but neither did the Lakers.  I really believe had Tony and Nate played down the stretch of that game, we would have won.

I totally blamed Doc for that loss and still do. >:(

Why bring up this painful loss again? ???
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Garnett 3 rebounds..gasol 18.

That is all

The KG we have right now is much better than Kg  2010 despite being 2 yrs older..he was recuperating from injury then so there you go..and Gasol right now is  pretty much a shell of his 2010 counterpart.

I am more confident in our team right now than the one that overachieved in 2010..imagine if we had Sully  rebounding machine bullying Gasol...this team we have now can and i believe will go deep as long as we remain injury free..book it.

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 04:01:40 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This game is one of the biggest reasons why I question Doc's ability to coach

Yep. He barely played Nate in that game, a game where we struggled to score and needed his offense, despite him helping you win one of the previous playoff games against the Lakers.  Also Tony didn't play that much, despite all the accollades Tony was getting for shutting down Kobe.  Tony might have even scored on a night when we had trouble scoring.  He doesn't shoot, but he drives to the line and gets fouled.  He might have even got some of those rebounds that Kobe got.  No Celtic played that well, but neither did the Lakers.  I really believe had Tony and Nate played down the stretch of that game, we would have won.

I totally blamed Doc for that loss and still do. >:(

Why bring up this painful loss again? ???
Doc went overboard on the whole "...you shorten your rotation in the playoffs" we were spent
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk