Author Topic: Growing Belief LeBron Returns to Cavs?  (Read 13757 times)

Re: Growing Belief LeBron Returns to Cavs?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Dallas 2013-14

Dwight Howard
Dirk N
Shawn Marion
O J Mayo
Chris Paul
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I don't see that at all. I think he would be more hated for it. First he put them through the decision, goes to Miami to win a title or two basically saying the cavs aren't good enough. Then goes back to the cavs? Nah

I don't follow this. Who would hate LeBron for returning home, literally? Guy's entitled to grow up, and make amends.

The only haters would Miamians, the nation's softest sports fans...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Hard to picture it playing out this way.  Miami and Pat Riley let Lebron expire and walk away.  What star could they sign that year to take his place?  It would have to be pre-orchestrated, kinda like Miami's last move :P

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
How would Irving and Lebron be great? Maybe if Irving redefines his game to being a spot up shooter and capable defender, otherwise it would be a disaster

Is wade a spot up shooter? Irving is just as good of a play maker as Wade and a better shooter.

Nope and wade and Lebron were never an ideal fit for this reason...wade is far superior to kyrie athletically, defensively, kyrie is a great shooter after dribbling around the duration of the shot clock and frankly I'm starting to get sick of how overrated he is...he's had no impacts on wins, better than wade? Ha....he's not Derrick rose people.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lebron never wanted to leave, he just didn't see a way for Cleveland to build a winner around him so he had to leave.  I think he always thought he would go back and end his career in Cleveland. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He has lived most his life in that area.  I can definitely see him going back there.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't see that at all. I think he would be more hated for it. First he put them through the decision, goes to Miami to win a title or two basically saying the cavs aren't good enough. Then goes back to the cavs? Nah

I don't follow this. Who would hate LeBron for returning home, literally? Guy's entitled to grow up, and make amends.

It depends on when he goes back. If he plays out his prime elsewhere and wants to finish out his career in Cleveland they should boo him every time he touches the ball.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
How would Irving and Lebron be great? Maybe if Irving redefines his game to being a spot up shooter and capable defender, otherwise it would be a disaster

Is wade a spot up shooter? Irving is just as good of a play maker as Wade and a better shooter.

Nope and wade and Lebron were never an ideal fit for this reason...wade is far superior to kyrie athletically, defensively, kyrie is a great shooter after dribbling around the duration of the shot clock and frankly I'm starting to get sick of how overrated he is...he's had no impacts on wins, better than wade? Ha....he's not Derrick rose people.

Wade Rookie: 16.2 pts 4 RPG 4.5 AST 3.21 TO
Rose Rookie: 16.8 pts 3.9 RBS 6.3 AST 2.49 TO
Irving Rookie: 18.5 pts 3.7 rbs 5.4 ast 3.14 TO

Overated?????? Id say he is in pretty good company when comparing to those  guys rookie seasons?

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

James basically told the Cavs you arent good enough for me to win a championship. So Im going to leave win won, maybe a couple, and then return to finish out my career on cruise control.

If I was a Cavs fan I wouldnt like that very much.

That would be like Pierce signing with the Lakers in his prime to win a couple then come back to Boston because he "loved the city" or something like that.

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

James basically told the Cavs you arent good enough for me to win a championship. So Im going to leave win won, maybe a couple, and then return to finish out my career on cruise control.

That would be like Pierce signing with the Lakers in his prime to win a couple then come back to Boston because he "loved the city" or something like that.

And he was right.

Pierce was ready to ask for a trade before they brought in Ray and KG.

The Cavs never brought a single player of that status (and close enough to their prime play)

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

And he was right.

Pierce was ready to ask for a trade before they brought in Ray and KG.

The Cavs never brought a single player of that status (and close enough to their prime play)

Not saying he wasnt right, just saying if I was a Cavs fan I wouldn't want him back after that debacle.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 11:50:19 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Not being an ideal fit and it being a "disaster" are a huge difference.

Kyrie is only a good shooter after dribbling out the shot clock? What?

That's fine if you think he is overrated or if you don't think a team consisting of Lebron and Irving would be a favorite but at least be realistic with what you are saying.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I could see this happening.  At the same time, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to buy into reports this early.  Weren't we told that Lebron was a lock for the Knicks or the Nets?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97

I would take Kyrie Irving over D-Rose any day of the week. D-Rose is incredibly overrated (not saying he isn't a GOOD basketball player, but he is NOT an MVP-caliber player). The fact that the Bulls are doing so well in his absence is proof that he was not the most valuable player on that team.

Irving is still young and unpolished, but is already better than D-Rose was as a rookie.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

I would take Kyrie Irving over D-Rose any day of the week. D-Rose is incredibly overrated (not saying he isn't a GOOD basketball player, but he is NOT an MVP-caliber player). The fact that the Bulls are doing so well in his absence is proof that he was not the most valuable player on that team.

Irving is still young and unpolished, but is already better than D-Rose was as a rookie.

Lol@taking kyrie Irving over Derrick rose...that guy who after 3 years in the league won an MVP, led his team to the playoffs every year and prohibitive favorites before his injury, the best record and the conference finals on a franchise that had done nothing since Jordan...lol@ taking a guy who hasn't had an impact on wins over d rose. Is jj reddick better then Lebron too?

Irving is pretty polished actually...rose changed a culture and won an mvp and wasn't nearly polished at all. Irving isn't an mvp, isn't a culture changer, he's a nice cute little player with a nice jump shot.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:27:25 PM by scaryjerry »