Author Topic: What this Laker season says about Kobe Bryant  (Read 20885 times)

Re: What this Laker season says about Kobe Bryant
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2013, 01:56:23 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
it says Kobe has a really low bball IQ. 

Kobe FGA < 20:
10 wins, 3 losses

Kobe FGA > 20:
6 wins, 20 losses

don't care how efficient he's shooting, when the end result is everyone else standing around watching Kobe going 1v5, it's bad basketball. 

watching most of their games, I see a guy whose bent on catching Kareem & doesn't care much for playing defense or making his teammates better.
I hear that stat often.  It's completely misleading.  When his team is already down, he may to try to bring his team back into it by shooting/scoring more.  When they're up big, he sits.

It irks me when statistics are misused to prove a point, assuming they're made in an information vacuum.

I also think he's much more hell-bent on catching Jordan than Kareem.

EDIT:  apologies, I see this was torn apart.  Remind me to read a whole chain before posting.

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Makes sense.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2013, 01:13:35 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree. The one who is overrated on that team is without a doubt Dwight. He's ridiculously overrated. All dwight does is take a running hook which never goes in with the occasional face up bank shot from a terrible angle from about 12-15 feet out. Not to mention he goes up soft every time he attacks the basket then doesn't make his free throws, that is why i don't buy the shaq comparison because shaq even when they hack the crap out of him he went up and dunked it. You can't blame Kobe for Dwight's lack of focus and desire or pau's inability to grow a pair. Don't get me wrong i hate the lakers as much as any die hard Celts fan does, however I RESPECT Kobe and his game because there is no denying he is more talented than any player playing right now

Agree, that one is obvious. Saying Dwight is overrated is like saying water is wet

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Dwight Howard is shooting right around his career average. I don't get where the he's going up soft idea comes from. He clearly has lost some athleticism, you can see it with your eyes and in his rebounding rate.

His offense is ugly, but its also really effective, he's still an efficient offense player.

He's soft mentally but that's a separate issue.

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think it says that he is able to maintain a marriage through a combination of intimidation, fear, and sheer force of will.

On a serious note it shows that he's a basketball obsessed freak of nature who struggles to coexist with teammates. So... nothing new.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I can't believe what is going on with their team. The worst pessimists among the Lakers fans and the biggest haters or doubters couldn't predict the score they have right now.
I'd say things would really have to make a U turn in order for them to make the playoffs. Even if they make the playoffs they will most likely face OKC.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Double Happy! Toronto won me money and the Lakers lost

Kobe shot more then 30 shots and made 1/3
Dutch Celtics Pride