Author Topic: Molly Mcgrath Appreciation Thread.  (Read 19119 times)

Re: Molly Mcgrath Appreciation Thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm all for appreciating female personalities in sports broadcasting.  I think there's a lot more room for female perspective in the coverage of Boston sports.  Jackie MacMullan is proof that women can be fantastic sportswriters / commentators, too.

That said, I can't say I've noticed Ms. McGrath's contributions to Celtics broadcasts so far.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm all for appreciating female personalities in sports broadcasting.  I think there's a lot more room for female perspective in the coverage of Boston sports.  Jackie MacMullan is proof that women can be fantastic sportswriters / commentators, too.

That said, I can't say I've noticed Ms. McGrath's contributions to Celtics broadcasts so far.

MacMullan is the Bee's Knees.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
I can't believe that I have no idea who this woman is.

I'm missing something...

Come on now........

HOW HAVE YOU MISSED HER!?!?!?  :P

I'm in the West Coast, if that's a legit excuse... We have Charissa Thompson here though...

charissa used to be on that network that showed hockey games especially playoffs. not NESN but something else. red in color. oh well.

oh yes it was called VERSUS.  :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:20:23 AM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
[Edited.  Open defiance of our rules will result in discipline.  Don't do it again.]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:39:39 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Seriously, though. I watch the Celtics Minute, previews, wrap-ups and the interviews. Marc or Peter sometimes put a new one on during halftime on chat. She's doing good in keeping me up to date about my favorite team.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Molly is great at what she does, though admittedly I haven't seen much in the way of her competition (why would I watch other team's reporters?)

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 588
I was going to say nobody comes close to Menounos....but then I did an image search
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Nice to see someone doing some solid Celtics interview work.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

MacMullan is the Bee's Knees.
I love Jackie
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
If you spend a little time going through the videos of her interviews on celtics.com, it becomes very obvious that McGrath is not just a pretty face.  She is a very good interviewer.   I like that she seems well prepared and asks useful questions - and she doesn't waste time with contrived antagonism that would make her more important than the subject (a tactic far too common with so many media 'interviewers' these days).

One of my favorites was the interview she did with Chris Wilcox on his road back from heart surgery.   Good stuff.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I was going to say nobody comes close to Menounos....but then I did an image search
hopefully she does one of those Menounos type bets so that we get a consolation prize

...I just saw Roy's warning. If I broke a rule please edit or tell me to and I apologize. 

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If you spend a little time going through the videos of her interviews on celtics.com, it becomes very obvious that McGrath is not just a pretty face.  She is a very good interviewer.   I like that she seems well prepared and asks useful questions - and she doesn't waste time with contrived antagonism that would make her more important than the subject (a tactic far too common with so many media 'interviewers' these days).

One of my favorites was the interview she did with Chris Wilcox on his road back from heart surgery.   Good stuff.

Agreed.  She's good.  Smart and pretty is a good combination. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson