Author Topic: My Personal Apology to Sully  (Read 13097 times)

Re: My Personal Apology to Sully
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I'm with OP here. Thought Sully would be an absolutely terrible player, and blasted the Celtics draft this year. I'm more than happy to be so completely wrong about Sullinger.

My thoughts on Melo, on the other hand...

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I need to say this again b/c this is a Sully love fest going on...

Sully could probably put up Love numbers if he was the main man on a team too. When Sully is on the court he is probably the 5th guy on offense at all times and mostly touches the ball to pass it. He has to constantly worry about stepping on 1000 vets' toes. Not only does Sully pick up rookie fouls b/c he is a rookie, refs don't care about fouling him out because he isn't the franchise rookie like Love was... we have other guys in the spotlight here. If Sully was the main guy on a team refs would swallow their whistles a little more for him (my opinion of the bias in the SterNBA). He would have also been gifted minutes instead of having to earn them here (or have to take less minutes b/c of who we have).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sully could probably put up Love numbers if he was the main man on a team too.

This is going a little overboard, in my opinion.

Kevin Love numbers are somewhere around 26 points and 13 rebounds while shooting 40% from three.  I don't think Sully is anywhere near that level at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm with OP here. Thought Sully would be an absolutely terrible player, and blasted the Celtics draft this year. I'm more than happy to be so completely wrong about Sullinger.

I'm surprised by all the folks who didn't like Sully at draft time.  With the 21st pick, I thought he was an absolute no-brainer. 

Who did you prefer at the time?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm loving this, really.

I thought Sully, and also Bradley, were assets to develop for future trades, but these kids are so different from Big Al, to name the biggest project before KG. These kids play D, not good D, but fierce D. They are both building blocks, you need this kind of players to start or come off the bench for your team, and they have the talent to (hopefully) be great players in this league. They can score right now, and they'll only improve in that area.

Now we just need, at least, a Big who can protect the rim and a wing scorer. Melo and Green could be those, but they have to prove it. Add Courtney Lee and a couple of quality role players, one at the wing and one big. Of course, Melo and Green could end not reaching their potential, but I think Danny needs to keep those players to take a chance on that team. Terry, Wilcox, Bass, are players to try to win now, while KG and the Captain are still playing. But that young core needs to stay in green.

Give Sully another month. He'll be even better.

Go Celtics

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

My thoughts on Melo, on the other hand...
Please. Let's not quickly judge the player when he haven't even see the professional court.

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Melo have more upside than Gortat. I wouldn't trade him either.

ditto

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 06:34:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Im still holding my breath on Sully..not sold on him yet
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

ditto

I agree Melo should be as Gortat by end of next year.  ANd has more ability and easier higher ceiling.

I frankly don't see much to Gortat...If Collins could shoot and play pick n roll a little ,he'd be as good.

I wouldn't trade Rondo,  AB or Sully, Pierce or Green for Gortat..

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

I'm surprised by all the folks who didn't like Sully at draft time.  With the 21st pick, I thought he was an absolute no-brainer. 

Jeff Taylor, PJ3, John Jenkins, to name a few. I really, really did not like Sullinger.

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

At 21 he was well worth the risk. Not to mention at the time having 22 as insurance

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

agreed. Fabulous Fab Melo will be a defensive giant for us in the future. and he will develop an offensive game also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Fab Melo will most likely end up being JaJuan Johnson 2.0

If you can include him with other pieces like Bass, Wilcox, Barbosa etc.; to get an upgrade at C position, you do it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'm loving this, really.

I thought Sully, and also Bradley, were assets to develop for future trades, but these kids are so different from Big Al, to name the biggest project before KG. These kids play D, not good D, but fierce D. They are both building blocks, you need this kind of players to start or come off the bench for your team, and they have the talent to (hopefully) be great players in this league. They can score right now, and they'll only improve in that area.

Now we just need, at least, a Big who can protect the rim and a wing scorer. Melo and Green could be those, but they have to prove it. Add Courtney Lee and a couple of quality role players, one at the wing and one big. Of course, Melo and Green could end not reaching their potential, but I think Danny needs to keep those players to take a chance on that team. Terry, Wilcox, Bass, are players to try to win now, while KG and the Captain are still playing. But that young core needs to stay in green.

Give Sully another month. He'll be even better.

Go Celtics
i think the job ainge has done in getting the team ready to transistion from kg and pp is really amazing
either as trade blocks or the nucleus of the next group he has put together some nice talent, adding to that kg, terry and pp $ coming off books in 2 or so years
green, bass, sully, lee, rondo, bradley (maybe melo) are all young and good, keep that group together and sign a top notch free agent....interesting

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 03:44:56 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Fab Melo will most likely end up being JaJuan Johnson 2.0

If you can include him with other pieces like Bass, Wilcox, Barbosa etc.; to get an upgrade at C position, you do it.

Melo has a much higher ceiling than JJJ....Johnson was a four year player in college...generally those guys dont improve that much

Melo on the other hand has barely been playing basketball that long. the scouting report on him always was that he has great defensive instincts/blocker BUT is VERY RAW