Author Topic: Parsons thought he would be playing for Rivers in Boston  (Read 7297 times)

Re: Parsons thought he would be playing for Rivers in Boston
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That would have been bomb if we had Parsons.

We really messed that JJJ pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224

Meh. We turned it into Courtney Lee. I'd say that Ainge redeemed himself.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Ahhhh yes,

but would he have even sniffed the court under Doc Rivers?

Not so fast I say, Doc doesnt give rooks much run and I am not so sure he gets much of a chance like he did/does in Houston.
Yeah, like Sullinger.

Sullinger fills a need and we are desparate for anyone who resembles a post player that can rebound. He has stepped up to be sure and that is why he plays.

Parsons would be buried behind Green and Pierce. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

While I agree we are in need of a bigman, I don't think that's why Sully got his chance. I think it had more to do with Sully understanding our D and having a high bball iq. I could easily see Doc riding Bass/Collins if he thought Sully wasn't ready.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 11:45:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Meh. We turned it into Courtney Lee. I'd say that Ainge redeemed himself.

We turned the second round pick and salary into Courtney Lee, but that's also a moot point, because without Green we don't thave that second rd pick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 11:49:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ahhhh yes,

Not so fast I say, Doc doesnt give rooks much run and I am not so sure he gets much of a chance like he did/does in Houston.
Yeah, like Sullinger.

Sullinger fills a need and we are desparate for anyone who resembles a post player that can rebound. He has stepped up to be sure and that is why he plays.

The whole point is that with Parsons, we wouldn't have Green. Right now, Parsons is the better player on both sides of the floor and makes about 1/9th the money Green does.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Ahhhh yes,

Yeah, like Sullinger.

The whole point is that with Parsons, we wouldn't have Green. Right now, Parsons is the better player on both sides of the floor and makes about 1/9th the money Green does.

Not sure we dont trade for Green because of Parsons. That was a Perkins dump and we needed younger more athletic players which Green is/was. I do agree that if a couple of your what ifs? come true we might not re sign Green this year though.

Still doesnt change the fact that Doc doesnt play rookies a lot unless forced by circumstance. History is on my side on this one IMHO.

I do like Sullinger and Parsons both. Not meaning hate on them, just pointing out a trend we all know is in place on this team.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
We turned the second round pick and salary into Courtney Lee, but that's also a moot point, because without Green we don't thave that second rd pick.
Maybe Ainge would have been able to make that happen even without the free 2nd rounder, although it would have hurt more (we'd have to give up one of our own). It was worth it to bring Lee over here. JJJ at least contributed his salary to the cause.

I just feel like he deserves a little credit for salvaging a pick that didn't work out, even though it's not the best possible result.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Maybe Ainge would have been able to make that happen even without the free 2nd rounder, although it would have hurt more (we'd have to give up one of our own). It was worth it to bring Lee over here. JJJ at least contributed his salary to the cause.

I just feel like he deserves a little credit for salvaging a pick that didn't work out, even though it's not the best possible result.

I've long said that Ainge's biggest strength is his exit strategy.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Still doesnt change the fact that Doc doesnt play rookies a lot unless forced by circumstance. History is on my side on this one IMHO.

Man, I am SO effing sick of hearing people say this.

It has been so thoroughly debunked (both on this board and in other places) multiple times, I really don't understand how anyone can still think it.

History is not on your side, you are just conveniently choosing to ignore the massive body of evidence that is against you. See: Sully, Rondo, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Ryan Gomes, Leon Powe, Semih Erden ... and this is just in Boston. Go back to his days in Orlando to see him starting rookie Mike Miller, who won Rookie of the Year under Doc.