Author Topic: TWolves reject Memphis' Rudy Gay trade offer (asking for a lot)  (Read 2618 times)

TWolves reject Memphis' Rudy Gay trade offer (asking for a lot)
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The Minnesota Timberwolves turned down a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Rudy Gay, according to a report.

Speculation suggests the Grizzlies offered a deal that would have sent Gay to the Timberwolves in return for Kevin Love and/or Nikola Pekovic.

The Timberwolves expressed interest in signing Gay to a free agent deal in 2010.
Via Darren Wolfson/ESPN 1500 Radio

No way they are going to get a player on Love's level for Gay.

I wonder if they would take Jeff Green and Bass for Gay ? doubt it...

but that is way to much to ask in return for Gay.

Re: TWolves reject Memphis' Rudy Gay trade offer (asking for a lot)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That's some speculation.  I idea that Minnesota would trade Love for Gay is laughable.

Maybe Memphis offered a Gay + Randolph package, hoping to get the Twolves to bite.  I'm not sure where Pekovic would fit in, either, unless they were going to flip him to a third team.  I don't think Gasol and Pekovic could play next to one another.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
That's some speculation.  I idea that Minnesota would trade Love for Gay is laughable.

If Memphis was going to take Love back for Gay then I wonder if they have anything solid on the ZBo front...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
And/or Pekovic? Jeez. One of them alone would be a kings ransom.

I'm not sure if the Celtics could fit him here, though. No room for him with Pierce and I wouldn't trade Pierce to get him.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Yeah, no way they get Love for Gay

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I disagree, I think Rudy Gay is a reasonable return for Kevin Love if Minnesota decide to part ways with K-Love.

They are unlikely to get an equal talent in return for Love. An All-Star caliber SF that is only 26 years old. A strong two way player who can be a fixture on the NBA's top ten scorer's list for the next half a decade and change.

It wouldn't be a straight swap. Need some sweeteners. But a trade package based around Rudy Gay would make a very competitive offer for Kevin Love.

Honestly, how many teams are really going to top that? It's not like Chicago is going to be giving up Derrick Rose or New York will give up Carmelo. How many teams out there will actually put more on the table than a Rudy Gay based trade offer?

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I disagree, I think Rudy Gay is a reasonable return for Kevin Love if Minnesota decide to part ways with K-Love.

They are unlikely to get an equal talent in return for Love. An All-Star caliber SF that is only 26 years old. A strong two way player who can be a fixture on the NBA's top ten scorer's list for the next half a decade and change.

It wouldn't be a straight swap. Need some sweeteners. But a trade package based around Rudy Gay would make a very competitive offer for Kevin Love.

Honestly, how many teams are really going to top that? It's not like Chicago is going to be giving up Derrick Rose or New York will give up Carmelo. How many teams out there will actually put more on the table than a Rudy Gay based trade offer?

See, I don't think the T-Wolves are anywhere close to considering trading K-Love.  I think his comments about being frustrated with losing have been way overblown.  The team hasn't really gotten a chance to see how they can perform with Love and Rubio fully healthy and clicking.

The K-Love trade speculation is at least a year too soon.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That doesn't make sense to me.

I thought they are trading Gay because of salary dump (and of course getting talent back along with it), but isn't Love making a huge amount of money as well? Yeah not as much as Gay would make, but still a ton.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace