Author Topic: Bos Sac Ideal Trade  (Read 4944 times)

Bos Sac Ideal Trade
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:02:55 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
A little one sided but let me dream here...
Let's say Sac doesn't get any interesting offer and want to move to Seattle or wherever without past troubles with Cousins and Tyreke...
Here is my dream:

Bos sends to Sac :
Bass    6 mil
Lee     5 mil
Melo    1.2 mil
Collins 0.8 mil
+ 1st R
Total: 13 mil

Sac Sends to Bos :
Tyreke 5.2 mil
Garcia 6.1 mil
Cousins 3.8 mil
Total: 15 mil

Why Sac ?

Trade Cousins
Get a 1st Rounder
Get solid veterans on good contracts
Get rid of Garcia's contract

Why Boston ?

Rondo   /  Terry    /  Barbosa
Bradley /  Tyreke   /  Garcia
Pierce  /  Green    /  Joseph (Or Micah Downs)
Sully   /  Wilcox   /  X (D league, Euro, Buyouts)
Garnett /  Cousins  /  Y (D league, Euro, Buyouts)

Enough said!
Potentially one of the best starting line up in the league.
Potentially THE BEST BENCH in the league over the past couple of years!

Re: Bos Sac Ideal Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:06:49 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
and the phone on Sacramento sounds...

tu tu tu tu tu tu tu

( I dont want to give Lee for Evans but basically this trade is Lee+bad 1st, for Cousins  and bass and end of the bench .for not saying the scr word...for evans , so yes its a dream)
League had seen worse trades and loopsided though

see:Howard, Dwight
and Gasol, Pau
and Maybe just maybe somehow
Garnett, Kevin
Allen, Ray
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:15:20 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm not a big fan of Cousins the person or the player but even I think this is a ridiculous offer from Sacramento's point of view.  It's so ridiculous that if Ainge were to make this offer, Petrie would immediately contact league security and say Ainge has been kidnapped. 

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
A little one-sided?  This trade proposal is among the most ridiculous I have seen in a long time.  You're basically giving players you don't want or need to two young guys with loads of potential.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Sacremento GM will probably rip the phone off the wall and drop it in a barrel of acid so he won't ever have to hear such a stupid trade proposal ever again.

People on here don't seem to realize that an ideal trade makes both teams better.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Why Boston ?

Rondo   /  Terry    /  Barbosa
Bradley / Tyreke   /  Garcia
Pierce  /  Green    /  Joseph (Or Micah Downs)
Sully   /  Wilcox   /  X (D league, Euro, Buyouts)
Garnett /  Cousins  /  Y (D league, Euro, Buyouts)

Enough said!
Potentially one of the best starting line up in the league.
Potentially THE BEST BENCH in the league over the past couple of years!

Yeah, the trade is brutal from Sacto's perspective. However, what really puzzled me was that you have Sullinger and Bradley starting ahead of Cousins and Evans. Do people realize just how good Cousins and Evans are?

Edit: Joseph is no longer with us. Not dead, just waived.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:18:02 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
To the OP,

please find a way to be hired as the Kings GM :)

you may not have a job for long but we'd love you

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so we give up 2 bench guys on overpaid contracts (a bit overpriced for what we're getting this year), a highly-speculative prospect that is at LEAST a year from justifiably seeing an NBA court and a vet min guy that we don't want to ever see the court again

FOR

2 young, starting-calibur players on decent contracts (who still have some room to improve) and a serviceable player on an overpaid contract? 

I realize you prefaced by saying you're dreaming but I think you should have admitted it was a hallucination.

IF, and I do mean a big IF, Melo was projected to be the next Marc Gasol (or better), this might have some remote chance of being considered but Melo is nowhere near that point.  If this did happen and Melo did become that good, people would be comparing this deal to the Lakers-getting-Pau deal for years and they wouldn't be far off.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:28:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
so we give up 2 bench guys on overpaid contracts (a bit overpriced for what we're getting this year), a highly-speculative prospect that is at LEAST a year from justifiably seeing an NBA court and a vet min guy that we don't want to ever see the court again

FOR

2 young, perennial all-star potential type players on decent contracts (who still have some room to improve) and a serviceable player on an overpaid contract? 

I realize you prefaced by saying you're dreaming but I think you should have admitted it was a hallucination.

IF, and I do mean a big IF, Melo was projected to be the next Marc Gasol (or better), this might have some remote chance of being considered but Melo is nowhere near that point.  If this did happen and Melo did become that good, people would be comparing this deal to the Lakers-getting-Pau deal for years and they wouldn't be far off.

Fixed it for you since they're both better than "starting caliber players"

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

FOR

2 young, perennial all-star potential type players on decent contracts (who still have some room to improve) and a serviceable player on an overpaid contract? 

no argument there but I went conservative so that it didn't appear that I was piling on the OP

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

FOR

no argument there but I went conservative so that it didn't appear that I was piling on the OP

Cool. I just wanted to clarify that part since I've seen many people undervalue Cousins and Evans.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 02:02:31 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Add Rondo to our part and a bad contract like Salmons to their part and maybe it is the starting point for some realistic discussion.

Of course, once you do that, you have a deal that is similar to all of the other ones that have been popping up on this board.

A deal to get Cousins and Evans would absolutely need to include Rondo to even have a chance to fly.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
The Sacremento GM will probably rip the phone off the wall and drop it in a barrel of acid so he won't ever have to hear such a stupid trade proposal ever again.

People on here don't seem to realize that an ideal trade makes both teams better.
DKC Suns

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I would do:
Lee
Bass
Collins
Melo
1st rounder

for:
Cousins, just Cousins. That would be the ideal scenerio, to keep Green, Bradley, Sully, Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and still get Cousins...

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I would do:
Lee
Bass
Collins
Melo
1st rounder

for:
Cousins, just Cousins. That would be the ideal scenerio, to keep Green, Bradley, Sully, Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and still get Cousins...

Wouldn't work. Your putting out about 12 mill out and only receiving not even 4 back.

Plus the Kings roster is full, they need to release players to take in new ones. So We would need to take back some players, Like Garcia or Evans to make it work.