Author Topic: Chad Ford: "I'd be shocked if Celtics didn't get something done."  (Read 24618 times)

Re: Chad Ford: "I'd be shocked if Celtics didn't get something done."
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Unless we're getting back Lebron, Durant or CP3, Rondo is not being moved.  If you want to move Rondo for anything resembling Cousins + Evans/Jimmer/Thomas etc.  you are not very good at running an NBA franchise.

I guess you can also add Westbrook and Curry to your short list

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers remain an off-court distraction, sources told Broussard, and the front office is now actively pitching him to other teams. With the Celtics realizing they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe his point guard prowess is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Also Broussard in Nov/11:

Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say.

Wasn't that December of last year?

Supposedly, we were gonna flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.

And I never believed that OKC rumor, we had just completed the Perk/Jeff trade a couple of months earlier - there's CBA rules against reacquiring players that soon.

November 29th, 2011.

The CBA rules are against re-aquiring players if they are waived after they're traded. I don't believe there is anything against them being traded back.

There has to be something about a number of days needed to wait before a player gets traded back to the same team? I would imagine.

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 10:11:28 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
Unless we're getting back Lebron, Durant or CP3, Rondo is not being moved.  If you want to move Rondo for anything resembling Cousins + Evans/Jimmer/Thomas etc.  you are not very good at running an NBA franchise.

I guess you can also add Westbrook and Curry to your short list

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers remain an off-court distraction, sources told Broussard, and the front office is now actively pitching him to other teams. With the Celtics realizing they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe his point guard prowess is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Also Broussard in Nov/11:

Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say.

Wasn't that December of last year?

Supposedly, we were gonna flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.

And I never believed that OKC rumor, we had just completed the Perk/Jeff trade a couple of months earlier - there's CBA rules against reacquiring players that soon.

November 29th, 2011.

The CBA rules are against re-aquiring players if they are waived after they're traded. I don't believe there is anything against them being traded back.

There has to be something about a number of days needed to wait before a player gets traded back to the same team? I would imagine.

This is a direct quote from the CBA website

A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30).

If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season.

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 10:17:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I can see anyone but KG (and probably Pierce) being traded for the right package in Ainge's eyes. 

This includes Rondo.  I could see Ainge try to trade Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  (possibly sending Evans to another team for a starting level PG)

Do I like such a move?
Not really. 

But I can see it happening with Ainge.

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 10:19:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

You can't trade for a player you've traded away in the same season.  This rule was in place during the last CBA, as well.  They modified the rule about re-acquiring waived players to make it consistent with the no-trade rule.

The only exception is that if you trade a player's draft rights -- before they're signed -- you can acquire that player during the same season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
I can see anyone but KG (and probably Pierce) being traded for the right package in Ainge's eyes. 

This includes Rondo.  I could see Ainge try to trade Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  (possibly sending Evans to another team for a starting level PG)

Do I like such a move?
Not really. 

But I can see it happening with Ainge.

I could see this too. A three team deal where we get Cousins and a starting caliber PG, Kings get Rondo, Evans and another to the other team for a PG.

Like you say. I don't like it. But Ainge would be the one to do such a thing.

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
I could see Ainge making something like this happening... (Plus Jack would be a good replacement obtainable PG if we had to part with Rondo. Yuck the thought makes me sick!)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=admwaza

(Edit* link should now work! Thanks BudWeiser)

With the main players being (And just these four in the deal working in trade checker):
Rondo to the Kings
Cousins and Jack to the Celts
Evans to the Warriors

The Kings would probably want more however.

Back to that deal however. Kings and Warriors swap Bierndnies and Salmons. 2 not so great contracts for either team but the Kings save one year on Bierdnis's deal and give them an extra big man.

Jack/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Cousins/Wilcox
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:02:20 AM by pearljammer10 »

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I could see Ainge making something like this happening... (Plus Jack would be a good replacement obtainable PG if we had to part with Rondo. Yuck the thought makes me sick!)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

With the main players being (And just these four in the deal working in trade checker):
Rondo to the Kings
Evans to the Warriors

Back to that deal however. Kings and Warriors swap Bierndnies and Salmons. 2 not so great contracts for either team but the Kings save one year on Bierdnis's deal and give them an extra big man.

Jack/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Cousins/Wilcox

You didn't link us to your trade proposal :P

But that's an interesting proposal... I'm a huge fan of Jack.

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Rondo to the Kings
Evans to the Warriors

Jack/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Cousins/Wilcox

You didn't link us to your trade proposal :P

But that's an interesting proposal... I'm a huge fan of Jack.

Crud! Try this... http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=admwaza

And I am too. He is a very efficient and smart point guard. He runs the pick and roll well and has a good intelligent game on both sides of the floor.

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What's the bet that chad ford will be shocked?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 11:13:37 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
What's the bet that chad ford will be shocked?

Quite good I think.

The players we have people really want Ainge doesn't want to trade.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Will (Manhattan)

Do you see the Celtics making any trades as the deadline nears?
Chad Ford  (1:23 PM)

Yes. I would put them up there with the Rockets, Grizzlies and Lakers as the most active teams right now. I'd be shocked if they didn't get something done. May or may not include Rondo, but the Celtics are looking for a youngish player to fill out their front line.

This chat was from yesterday (1/9). Do you really think Danny would make a move as major as trading Rondo if this team continues to win and play well?

Chad Ford is throwing out his opinion.  He knows Danny is a dealer who will do anything that he thinks could make his team better.

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=admwaza

(Edit* link should now work! Thanks BudWeiser)

Rondo to the Kings
Evans to the Warriors

Jack/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Cousins/Wilcox

I'd do that, Jack is a solid pg