Author Topic: Chad Ford: "I'd be shocked if Celtics didn't get something done."  (Read 24626 times)

Re: Chad Ford: "I'd be shocked if Celtics didn't get something done."
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 12:56:57 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Trading Rondo will rate as one of the biggest mistakess this organization ever made.  We are done if we trade him.  We might as well start rebuilding if we decide to trade him
LOL

I agree. If I only read the quote, without knowing the name, I would immediately think it's referring to Durant or James. Rondo is an excellent player, but he is nowhere as untouchable as some on the blog like to think.

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I doubt Rondo's going anywhere.

I'd hope not.

Anything where Rondo leaves town, we might as well rebuild, IMO.
There is no way KG or Paul would be ok with a trade for Rondo even for Cousns they'd probably laugh and retire next year
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Brandon Bass is a goner, that's all I know. With the emergance of Sullinger Bass is the odd man out seemingly.

I know everyone hates on Bass now but he is a decent offensive rebounder, his d is better now that Avery is there to stop penetration, and he has an awesome mid range jumper.
Youngish and a great guy too. If we trade him we sure as heck better get a better player back

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 01:22:40 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Can't we just buy Krstic back from the Euro team he's on now?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 07:40:13 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Unless we're getting back Lebron, Durant or CP3, Rondo is not being moved.  If you want to move Rondo for anything resembling Cousins + Evans/Jimmer/Thomas etc.  you are not very good at running an NBA franchise.

I guess you can also add Westbrook and Curry to your short list

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers remain an off-court distraction, sources told Broussard, and the front office is now actively pitching him to other teams. With the Celtics realizing they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe his point guard prowess is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Also Broussard in Nov/11:

Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say.

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If Russel Westbrook is ever wearing a Celtics uniform I will be a sad man.

Plays the exact opposite of how I want my PG to play.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:59:34 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a small deal this year.  However, with the 2 roster spots open now, I have a feeling Danny is leaning towards keeping this roster intact and filling with waived players (like every other year) or picking up someone who's not signed yet once he sees how the full team is playing.

C's definitely need another center that can play serviceable defense and rebound.  It'll be interesting to see how Danny fills that need. 

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Unless we're getting back Lebron, Durant or CP3, Rondo is not being moved.  If you want to move Rondo for anything resembling Cousins + Evans/Jimmer/Thomas etc.  you are not very good at running an NBA franchise.

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers remain an off-court distraction, sources told Broussard, and the front office is now actively pitching him to other teams. With the Celtics realizing they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe his point guard prowess is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him.

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say.

Wasn't that December of last year?

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
The only thing I could see us doing is trading Bass to try and get an equal talent center that can either start and play 20 minutes a game or back up KG. Not sure how many players like that are out there.

But what big man could Bass and a first round pick get us?

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Supposedly, we were gonna flip Curry to NO for Chris Paul.

And I never believed that OKC rumor, we had just completed the Perk/Jeff trade a couple of months earlier - there's CBA rules against reacquiring players that soon.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

And I never believed that OKC rumor, we had just completed the Perk/Jeff trade a couple of months earlier - there's CBA rules against reacquiring players that soon.

Yeah Im with you on this.

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
If Russel Westbrook is ever wearing a Celtics uniform I will be a sad man.

Plays the exact opposite of how I want my PG to play.

TP for this man. Westbrook still makes such terrible decisions with the ball its wild.

There was one game I watched where Durant has a mis match in the post but instead Westbrook jacked up a three, got his own rebound off a clank, Durant still had the mismatch but Westbrook jacked up a shot as soon as he got the long rebound, clanked again, OKC got a second rebound, reset the offense to Westbrook, who looked to Durant with an ok i guess you can have your turn look, he still had his mismatch. Westbrook finally gave him the ball and Durant scored in less than 3 seconds.

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Chris Broussard is an idiot. Believe nothing he says or "reports".

Woj from yahoo is the only one of these guys that has reported anything with any accuracy recently.

Don't get me started on "insider" sherrod blakely. Apparently kris joseph getting waived was to make room for a Demarcus cousins trade.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Chris Broussard is an idiot. Believe nothing he says or "reports".

Woj from yahoo is the only one of these guys that has reported anything with any accuracy recently.

Don't get me started on "insider" sherrod blakely. Apparently kris joseph getting waived was to make room for a Demarcus cousins trade.

Broussard and Blakely could fight it out for idiot of the year and somehow they'd both win.

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:36 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

November 29th, 2011.

The CBA rules are against re-aquiring players if they are waived after they're traded. I don't believe there is anything against them being traded back.