Who says 'no'?

Phoenix Suns
16 (29.6%)
Boston Celtics
34 (63%)
Both say 'yes'
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Who says 'no': Gortat, Beasley and Tucker for Green and Bass  (Read 14844 times)

Re: Who says 'no': Gortat, Beasley and Tucker for Green and Bass
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Be a trade proposal to think about
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Beasley is Bizarro Green. I really don't want him in Boston.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 07:48:23 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

DO YOU ALL HAVE AN ITCH TO TRADE PEOPLE? SERIOUSLY, GREEN IS COMING BACK TO FORM, BASS IS RETURNING TO HIS PREVIOUS WAYS, THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE THEM?

EVERY GAME, WE WIN OR LOSE, THESE GARBAGE TRASH THREADS POP UP SAYING WE SHOULD THIS PERSON OR THAT. SERIOUSLY. DO YOU NOT HAVING ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

Shut...up. This is a thread IN THE TRADES AND RUMORS FORUM. Please, just shut up.

in brutal terms i'd say green is a starter on most teams and a sub on elite teams (currently) his upside is a sf force in the league, 2nd tier to lebron, carmelo but better than iggy

forgot to vote NO

Not sure I think Green can be as good as Iggy is. He *might* be as good as him in the same minutes/role but he's not better from all I've seen. Jeff excels in two areas over Iggy. He's taller and he's younger. Unfortunately that height hasn't translated into rebounding and that youth hasn't staved off injury.

If you put Green in a Sun's uniform he'd be a top-10 SF in the NBA. No question. The kid has talent plastered on his forehead. He only plays 23 mpg on our team and those minutes are broken up into 4-6 minutes runs. He's just not used to that kind of thing because he's been a starter for the majority of his career.

I will say this though, his defense on Carmello in the NY game was special. I was cheering for him because that is 100% what the Celtics need from him. Our 3rd string guard can put up points, Green is really the best option for us in guarding James/Melo/Durant. Pierce isn't quick enough and doesn't play enough minutes. Green is the whole ball game guys.

I vote no too. I think Green will be a very good player for us sooner rather than later.
No, how about you shutup. This is a forum for trades and a place to post them when necessary. There is no necessity to have 50 trade threads a day when we are riding a 4 games winning streak and everything is finally coming together.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 02:22:33 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

DO YOU ALL HAVE AN ITCH TO TRADE PEOPLE? SERIOUSLY, GREEN IS COMING BACK TO FORM, BASS IS RETURNING TO HIS PREVIOUS WAYS, THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE THEM?

EVERY GAME, WE WIN OR LOSE, THESE GARBAGE TRASH THREADS POP UP SAYING WE SHOULD THIS PERSON OR THAT. SERIOUSLY. DO YOU NOT HAVING ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

Shut...up. This is a thread IN THE TRADES AND RUMORS FORUM. Please, just shut up.

in brutal terms i'd say green is a starter on most teams and a sub on elite teams (currently) his upside is a sf force in the league, 2nd tier to lebron, carmelo but better than iggy

forgot to vote NO

Not sure I think Green can be as good as Iggy is. He *might* be as good as him in the same minutes/role but he's not better from all I've seen. Jeff excels in two areas over Iggy. He's taller and he's younger. Unfortunately that height hasn't translated into rebounding and that youth hasn't staved off injury.

If you put Green in a Sun's uniform he'd be a top-10 SF in the NBA. No question. The kid has talent plastered on his forehead. He only plays 23 mpg on our team and those minutes are broken up into 4-6 minutes runs. He's just not used to that kind of thing because he's been a starter for the majority of his career.

I will say this though, his defense on Carmello in the NY game was special. I was cheering for him because that is 100% what the Celtics need from him. Our 3rd string guard can put up points, Green is really the best option for us in guarding James/Melo/Durant. Pierce isn't quick enough and doesn't play enough minutes. Green is the whole ball game guys.

I vote no too. I think Green will be a very good player for us sooner rather than later.
No, how about you shutup. This is a forum for trades and a place to post them when necessary. There is no necessity to have 50 trade threads a day when we are riding a 4 games winning streak and everything is finally coming together.

warning on personal attacks...please No more

and no caps to keep this civil

thank you ALL!

p.s. I dont know Phx or Cs
Me as in Edgar probably says No
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 02:35:03 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'll say no

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06:32 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Don't want Beasley anywhere near the team.

Old tax rules, sure, why not take on his salary.  You could send him away from the team or cut him.

New tax rules are too expensive/prohibitive to do so.  LA/NY might be the only teams capable of affording that.  They still probably balk.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
No from me. I don't really like any of the players (mostly because of their body language)
Jeff Green is turning around (fingers crossed) :)
Bass is a solid All-round true pf

I predict bass is going to Denver Nuggets (big man deep, but lacks a true pf with range)
And Jeff Green stays

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:29 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think a straight swap of Green for Gortat might make some sense. It's always hard to tell with Jeff Green given his uncertain trade value but I think it's a "maybe" type scenario. 

I see no reason to enlarge the trade. The Bass and Beasley part. It makes it needlessly complicated. True, Beasley has no value to Phoenix and they want rid of him but replacing him with Bass just repeats the problem since they already have Scola + M.Morris there at PF. Swapping those two doesn't fix anything. You'd need to trade Bass to a third team and get an expiring contract in return. Then enlarging the trade to include Beasley has good value for Phoenix.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 05:30:44 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think a straight swap of Green for Gortat might make some sense. It's always hard to tell with Jeff Green given his uncertain trade value but I think it's a "maybe" type scenario. 

I see no reason to enlarge the trade. The Bass and Beasley part. It makes it needlessly complicated. True, Beasley has no value to Phoenix and they want rid of him but replacing him with Bass just repeats the problem since they already have Scola + M.Morris there at PF. Swapping those two doesn't fix anything. You'd need to trade Bass to a third team and get an expiring contract in return. Then enlarging the trade to include Beasley has good value for Phoenix.

Gortat,Beasley,Tucker to Boston

Bass to Atlanta

Green,Korver to Phoenix

I'm on board with this, Greens value might have risen over the last few games so hopefully we could sucker Phoenix into biting?

Green is trick or treating! Don't be fooled by his Sudden improved play, Beasley contract is actually better than Greens.

Better yet,we keep Melo,Sully and Bradley.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Easy no. I don't think some people understand how much of a cancer Michael Beasley is.

Anything including that dude is an easy no for me.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:23 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
At this point I really don't see Danny Ainge trading Bradley Green or Sully to bring in gortat. I think the way to acquire him is via a three team trade.

Memphis gets Lee, Dudley, and pick from Phx.

Phoenix gets Gay, Bass, Melo, and pick from Bos.

Boston gets Gortat and Beasley

Memphis gets a SG AND a SF that can spread the floor and play D.

Phoenix basically swaps the Bass contract for Beasley and gets a prospect and pick. They move a guy who doesn't want to be there. They also get their franchise guy.

Boston gets a talented center and also takes back Beasley (same contract as Bass) who has talent and might just blossom under Rivers and from being in a veteran locker room for the first time.

Anyways with the emergence of Sully and addition of Gortat (Kg starts at PF now) Bass would be seeing reduced minutes. So its basically the same contract sitting on the bench, but its just named Beasley instead of Bass.

Why would Memphis be interested in that deal? They've made it clear they're not going to move Gay purely as a salary dump, they want talent back if he's getting traded.

I don't think getting Dudley and Lee back would qualify as a pure salary dump.  There are valid reasons for moving Gay on performance-related and team-synergistic reasons.  Memphis' strength is their defense and big men; I think they would be better off if Gay didn't lead their team in shots and usage rate and they played through their bigs. 

Gay is not some stud player.  I don't see one area where he's above-average in.  His scoring is inefficient, he averages 2.6 assists which is below-average for a team's no.1 perimeter option and he's not much of a shooter.  Acquiring Dudley not only would allow Memphis to play through their big men but it would put a better complementary fit around them than Gay.  Since Lee has started to play better, he would help them off the bench.  Further, he would give Memphis the option during games Tony is struggling with his offense to replace him with a good defender who is a better shooter.

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Beasley is the sticking point on this one.  he's bounced around the league for a reason.  I'd like to have Gortat but I think Green and Bass together is a little high of a price.  Tucker isn't enough of an incentive to also take on the Beasley headache.

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Beasley is the sticking point on this one.  he's bounced around the league for a reason.  I'd like to have Gortat but I think Green and Bass together is a little high of a price.  Tucker isn't enough of an incentive to also take on the Beasley headache.

I can't believe how terrible Beasley has become and how much he has fallen.

The best part of the Jeff Green dunk was watching Beasley get way down in a Bradley like stance, and Green just making one move to go by him, and Beasley just completely giving up on trying to defend him going to the lane.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I think this is at the heart of the matter. I can't see Phoenix doing that deal straight up right now. If Green can do more than net a few highlight dunks every 4th or 5th game -- meaning, score between 15-20 points consistently for a few weeks -- then maybe.

This was the reason to take Beasley. It's a way to get a player we want without trading guys we want to keep like Sully, Bradley, Lee.

But, if you could trade Green for Gortat straight up, then you'd obviously not take Beasley for Bass.

As for the "Beasley is a cancer" talk, I don't really think it's relevant. This is a win now trade where Beasley is the 11th or 12th guy on the roster. The Cs aren't leaning on him, so his influence is really not there. I don't worry about young guys on this team being taken in by his laziness... Bradley, Sully -- these guys can take care of themselves.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:34 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Don't think we really need gortat anymore

The Celtics will need to trade for a big player if they hope to have any chance of competing for a championship. A 4-game winning streak in January doesn't change that.

And Danny Ainge will be making that trade -- all that remains to find out is how good of a player we get, and who we give up in the process.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)