Who says 'no'?

Phoenix Suns
16 (29.6%)
Boston Celtics
34 (63%)
Both say 'yes'
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Who says 'no': Gortat, Beasley and Tucker for Green and Bass  (Read 14842 times)

Who says 'no': Gortat, Beasley and Tucker for Green and Bass
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Interested what folks think of this trade.

BOS trades: Bass, Green
PHX trades: Gortat, Beasley, Tucker

The Cs get the best and worst players in the deal... they basically agree to take Beasley off the Suns' hands in order to get Gortat, and a nice young asset in PJ Tucker.

To be clear, I don't see Beasley playing very much. He plays short minutes on certain nights behind PP, and then you throw some back-up SF minutes to Lee, and sign a CDR or Sam Young to fill in the rest. None of them is going to play much in the playoffs -- this is about getting Gortat.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Who says 'no': Gortat, Beasley and Tucker for Green and Bass
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Im over the gortat trades. We dont need him

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
At this point I really don't see Danny Ainge trading Bradley Green or Sully to bring in gortat. I think the way to acquire him is via a three team trade.

Memphis gets Lee, Dudley, and pick from Phx.

Phoenix gets Gay, Bass, Melo, and pick from Bos.

Boston gets Gortat and Beasley

Memphis gets a SG AND a SF that can spread the floor and play D.

Phoenix basically swaps the Bass contract for Beasley and gets a prospect and pick. They move a guy who doesn't want to be there. They also get their franchise guy.

Boston gets a talented center and also takes back Beasley (same contract as Bass) who has talent and might just blossom under Rivers and from being in a veteran locker room for the first time.

Anyways with the emergence of Sully and addition of Gortat (Kg starts at PF now) Bass would be seeing reduced minutes. So its basically the same contract sitting on the bench, but its just named Beasley instead of Bass.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
PHX probably says no.  At a minimum, I think they want Fab Melo and a 2014 first round pick added, and that probably wouldn't be enough.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think Phx says no. Bass is nothing of value to them and Green is just meh.

They'd probably want a pick or Melo thrown in there too.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:05:23 PM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
At this point I really don't see Danny Ainge trading Bradley Green or Sully to bring in gortat. I think the way to acquire him is via a three team trade.

Memphis gets Lee, Dudley, and pick from Phx.

Phoenix gets Gay, Bass, Melo, and pick from Bos.

Boston gets Gortat and Beasley

Memphis gets a SG AND a SF that can spread the floor and play D.

Phoenix basically swaps the Bass contract for Beasley and gets a prospect and pick. They move a guy who doesn't want to be there. They also get their franchise guy.

Boston gets a talented center and also takes back Beasley (same contract as Bass) who has talent and might just blossom under Rivers and from being in a veteran locker room for the first time.

Anyways with the emergence of Sully and addition of Gortat (Kg starts at PF now) Bass would be seeing reduced minutes. So its basically the same contract sitting on the bench, but its just named Beasley instead of Bass.

Why would Memphis be interested in that deal? They've made it clear they're not going to move Gay purely as a salary dump, they want talent back if he's getting traded.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Nah. Green just ate Beasley for lunch. Beasley doesn't offer much. At least Green play some decent defense.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »

fitzhickey

Don't think we really need gortat anymore

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
beasley looks like he is heading out of the league soon...he can't get minutes for phoenix and they suck
green's upside is pretty high, at the level he's playing now he's quite good
bass is first pf off the bench on most playoff caliber teams and starters on all other teams
gortat i'd like but if the price isn't right - pass

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 06:15:09 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
The y can not give Cs both Gotart + Beasley

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
beasley looks like he is heading out of the league soon...he can't get minutes for phoenix and they suck
bass is first pf off the bench on most playoff caliber teams and starters on all other teams

I don't know about Green's upside being high. I think at this point he is what he is.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

I don't know about Green's upside being high. I think at this point he is what he is.
in brutal terms i'd say green is a starter on most teams and a sub on elite teams (currently) his upside is a sf force in the league, 2nd tier to lebron, carmelo but better than iggy

forgot to vote NO

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
No thanks

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

DO YOU ALL HAVE AN ITCH TO TRADE PEOPLE? SERIOUSLY, GREEN IS COMING BACK TO FORM, BASS IS RETURNING TO HIS PREVIOUS WAYS, THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE THEM?

EVERY GAME, WE WIN OR LOSE, THESE GARBAGE TRASH THREADS POP UP SAYING WE SHOULD THIS PERSON OR THAT. SERIOUSLY. DO YOU NOT HAVING ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

DO YOU ALL HAVE AN ITCH TO TRADE PEOPLE? SERIOUSLY, GREEN IS COMING BACK TO FORM, BASS IS RETURNING TO HIS PREVIOUS WAYS, THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE THEM?

EVERY GAME, WE WIN OR LOSE, THESE GARBAGE TRASH THREADS POP UP SAYING WE SHOULD THIS PERSON OR THAT. SERIOUSLY. DO YOU NOT HAVING ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

Shut...up. This is a thread IN THE TRADES AND RUMORS FORUM. Please, just shut up.

in brutal terms i'd say green is a starter on most teams and a sub on elite teams (currently) his upside is a sf force in the league, 2nd tier to lebron, carmelo but better than iggy

forgot to vote NO

Not sure I think Green can be as good as Iggy is. He *might* be as good as him in the same minutes/role but he's not better from all I've seen. Jeff excels in two areas over Iggy. He's taller and he's younger. Unfortunately that height hasn't translated into rebounding and that youth hasn't staved off injury.

If you put Green in a Sun's uniform he'd be a top-10 SF in the NBA. No question. The kid has talent plastered on his forehead. He only plays 23 mpg on our team and those minutes are broken up into 4-6 minutes runs. He's just not used to that kind of thing because he's been a starter for the majority of his career.

I will say this though, his defense on Carmello in the NY game was special. I was cheering for him because that is 100% what the Celtics need from him. Our 3rd string guard can put up points, Green is really the best option for us in guarding James/Melo/Durant. Pierce isn't quick enough and doesn't play enough minutes. Green is the whole ball game guys.

I vote no too. I think Green will be a very good player for us sooner rather than later.