Author Topic: The Better Rondo  (Read 885 times)

The Better Rondo
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Rondo's Simple To DO List:

Defense:
Know your opponent. If he could shoot, drive, has speed & a scorers mentality (Kyrie Irving, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Holiday) etc... This should automatically eliminate you from the team defense. Stay at home. Leaving this man only brings detriment to the overall team's defense. When you're very late to close he shoots, if you close too early he uses speed & drives by you. When this happens K.G. is left to cover your mistakes, while trying to keep his man at bay. Simply put just don't play team defense. Stick to yours.

Offense:
RUN!!!! LOL... For real that is about it. If this guy just played with more speed and simplicity, this team would be almost impossible to beat. I hear Tommy say it all the time about Rondo walking the ball up the floor. I still don't get why he does that, especially because it plays into what the opponents want him to do.  Run simple sets & know your teammates, Try to be a 1 man fastbreak 80% of the time. If they close quickly simply reset & run a play or find the late runners like Pierce for a 3 or another shooter. I believe Rondo runs too many plays, Think the game way too much & all of that is just too overwhelming for his teammates, especially the new or young guys. Just "YOUTUBE TONY PARKER" to get a great idea of what happens when you RUN!!!!! Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only  ;)

Re: The Better Rondo
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
he does this all in the playoffs when it matters most.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo's Simple To DO List:

Defense:
Know your opponent. If he could shoot, drive, has speed & a scorers mentality (Kyrie Irving, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Holiday) etc... This should automatically eliminate you from the team defense. Stay at home. Leaving this man only brings detriment to the overall team's defense. When you're very late to close he shoots, if you close too early he uses speed & drives by you. When this happens K.G. is left to cover your mistakes, while trying to keep his man at bay. Simply put just don't play team defense. Stick to yours.

Offense:
RUN!!!! LOL... For real that is about it. If this guy just played with more speed and simplicity, this team would be almost impossible to beat. I hear Tommy say it all the time about Rondo walking the ball up the floor. I still don't get why he does that, especially because it plays into what the opponents want him to do.  Run simple sets & know your teammates, Try to be a 1 man fastbreak 80% of the time. If they close quickly simply reset & run a play or find the late runners like Pierce for a 3 or another shooter. I believe Rondo runs too many plays, Think the game way too much & all of that is just too overwhelming for his teammates, especially the new or young guys. Just "YOUTUBE TONY PARKER" to get a great idea of what happens when you RUN!!!!! Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only Simple layups only  ;)

...or he could do what Doc wants him to.

It's probably worth pointing out that, over the last 3 years, Rondo's scored or assisted a total of 7-7.5 shots at the rim a game, Parker's scored or assisted 5.5-6 a game. Maybe you should try and youtube "Rajon Rondo" sometime.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Your throwing statistical #'s at me which I do not care for. You're trying to prove a point that Rondo #'s are higher at going to the rim than Tony Parker.... OF COURSE THERE HIGHER!!!! it should be higher than most guards, because its obvious Rondo takes less jumpshots than those guys. They say Men Lie Women Lie #'s don't, but in the world of sports #'s are the biggest liars. Go on & match Wilt's #'s with Russells you'll be fooling yourself to think that Wilt was the better winner. I don't care for #'s.

I'm not saying he doesn't do all of the above, especially in the playoffs. I'm saying he complicates the game too much which is transparent to his teammates. He needs to play a simple game. Please don't get me started on Doc. Doc really is the mastermind of why Rondo does what he does.