Author Topic: Updates on both Wilcox and Melo  (Read 10002 times)

Updates on both Wilcox and Melo
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
As per Jessica Camerato, Wilcox plans to return to practice on Sunday, and Melo is undergoing one more test today for his concussion. Fab says the headaches are gone and his vision is okay too.  If he's cleared (today), then he should return to practice very soon.

http://twitter.com/JCameratoNBA

Re: Updates on both Wilcox and Melo
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Can't wait for the return of Wilcox.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good.  loving how the team is doing currently but would rather have Wilcox out there for some minutes than Collins.

Get Melo back to Maine to improve his game for a late season call-up next year.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Me too. I dont know if I am more excited to see Wilcox back and playing or to see Collins just not get minutes anymore. Both make me happy to think about.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Me too. I dont know if I am more excited to see Wilcox back and playing or to see Collins just not get minutes anymore. Both make me happy to think about.

LOL, I for one think that Wilcox is of great use to us. Now that Sullinger has improved vastly his defense, they should play well even better together. I still think Doc has misused Wilcox by not playing him with KG at all. Last year when they were both on the court they constantly showed good defensive units.

But with Bass here, I doubt we'll see any of that.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

LOL, I for one think that Wilcox is of great use to us. Now that Sullinger has improved vastly his defense, they should play well even better together. I still think Doc has misused Wilcox by not playing him with KG at all. Last year when they were both on the court they constantly showed good defensive units.

X1000.

Wilcox brings a little rebounding to the bench, but he produces the most when he's in the pick and roll with Rondo (and is a better/quicker garbage finisher than Bass or Sullinger).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As long as wilcox doesnt take min away from sully and I will b happy

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:49 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
As per Jessica Camerato, Wilcox plans to return to practice on Sunday, and Melo is undergoing one more test today for his concussion. Fab says the headaches are gone and his vision is okay too.  If he's cleared (today), then he should return to practice very soon.

http://twitter.com/JCameratoNBA

I think "his vision is okay" says a lot about how severe the concussion was.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

No more Collins!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I as well like seeing Wilcox and KG play together at the same time. But you're right, with Bass I doubt that happens.

Anyway we can turn Bass into a true center. Bass and a pick for some teams not very oft used center or something? I mean I would trade Bass and a pick for Camby. Something...Anything out there?

To me Bass is our only expendable in my eyes.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yup....I know WIlcox can play better,  we've seen him play well,  I think he was really winded and not NBA ready at the beginning of the season. 

Celtics really gonna need these two guy come playoff. 

THere I thought Fab had got his injury playing against Pitman on night...Even Pittsmans head isn't hard as a wall. ....  ::)  Looks like Fab would get enough abuse fighting in the paint without running into doorways in the dark.

IF Fab could just progress a wee bit faster, the C's would be sitting pretty come playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
good.  loving how the team is doing currently but would rather have Wilcox out there for some minutes than Collins.

Get Melo back to Maine to improve his game for a late season call-up next year.

I think that Melo will get the late season call up this year anyhow because doc will want another big body come playoff time, and will want Melo to be a part of the practices...although I wonder if the Red Claws make the playoffs how things would work, I would rather have him play meaningful minutes in high pressure situations than call him up and not play if we don't need him and Wilcox is doing fine.

But I am pretty excited for him if he can be ready by mid season next year to really help contribute.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Good to hear.  Lookin forWard to how melo progresses

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Chris Wilcox will attempt to resume full practice activities today. Will be first contact for thumb. Progress: He can palm ball again.

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »

Offline daveh51292

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15

Yup....I know WIlcox can play better,  we've seen him play well,  I think he was really winded and not NBA ready at the beginning of the season. 

Celtics really gonna need these two guy come playoff. 

THere I thought Fab had got his injury playing against Pitman on night...Even Pittsmans head isn't hard as a wall. ....  ::)  Looks like Fab would get enough abuse fighting in the paint without running into doorways in the dark.

IF Fab could just progress a wee bit faster, the C's would be sitting pretty come playoffs.

Bird, Mchale, Parish for sure ain't walking thru that door