Author Topic: are the Lakers the biggest "star-studded dissapointment"??  (Read 10473 times)

Re: are the Lakers the biggest "star-studded dissapointment"??
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As much as I loathe the Lakers and love to see them struggle, I'm believing that they will get it together before it's all said and done.

DH will get healthy, Pau will come back from his concussion, and they will all form some semblance of chemistry.

They are somewhat behind in the standings, but imagine the Lakers, as a 7th or 8th seed - BUT - playing with some chemistry?

They could be perhaps the most dangerous lower-seeded team since...The Boston Celtics 11-12.

As much as I can't stand them I can't count them out just yet.

I guess I am still holding out hope for one last grudge match with them...give them some payback for 09-10 finals. I'd LOVE that.

They'll need to win over 60% of their remaining games just to be in the hunt for the playoffs, and that number will go up until they get their players back. I'm starting to think they'll be more of a dangerous lottery team.

That would be a dream come true - to see The Los Angeles Lakers as a Lottery Team in my lifetime.

I don't believe that has happened in quite a while.

However, I just don't see it happening. And if the Lakers make the playoffs as even an 8th seed, they will still be extremely dangerous if they have some sort of chemistry established.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:39:00 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Jack Nicholson has had enough. Nicholson, who has been sitting courtside at Lakers games since before you were old enough to watch The Shining, waved goodbye to someone and left with more than seven minutes to go in the 4th quarter last night. The Lakers lost to the Thunder by 15 and dropped to a dismal 15-21 on the season. Kevin Durant finished with 42 points, eight rebounds and five assists.

Source: www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/12/jack-nicholson-adam-sandler-have-had-enough-of-this-pathetic-lakers-team-video/

WINNING!!  ;D

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Looooove it!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
As much as I loathe the Lakers and love to see them struggle, I'm believing that they will get it together before it's all said and done.

DH will get healthy, Pau will come back from his concussion, and they will all form some semblance of chemistry.

They are somewhat behind in the standings, but imagine the Lakers, as a 7th or 8th seed - BUT - playing with some chemistry?

They could be perhaps the most dangerous lower-seeded team since...The Boston Celtics 11-12.

As much as I can't stand them I can't count them out just yet.

I guess I am still holding out hope for one last grudge match with them...give them some payback for 09-10 finals. I'd LOVE that.

They'll need to win over 60% of their remaining games just to be in the hunt for the playoffs, and that number will go up until they get their players back. I'm starting to think they'll be more of a dangerous lottery team.

That would be a dream come true - to see The Los Angeles Lakers as a Lottery Team in my lifetime.

I don't believe that has happened in quite a while.

However, I just don't see it happening. And if the Lakers make the playoffs as even an 8th seed, they will still be extremely dangerous if they have some sort of chemistry established.

Well their biggest problem is playing defense, and considering they have one of the absolute worst defensive minds running the show, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, in order to develop chemistry you need your coach to trust you, and things have been very shaky between Gasol and D'Antoni. I don't think that's about to change.

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Those Rockets in the late 90s were too old and truth is Pippen was a horrible fit with Barkley and Olajuwon.

If we're talking sports in general, how bout the eagles the past two years? Remember the "Dream team"? Yeah no.

The Lakers have been a colossal disappointment this year, and that's not just because I hate them. I seriously thought they had a perfect set-up for success even if their bench on paper looked bad. But you know what, it seems pretty explainable now.

What made the Lakers great a few years ago was the edge they had with Odom as their sixth man. A lengthy point forward who could run the offense gave other teams a ton of match-up problems. They don't have that edge anymore and I think they should have tried to get Odom back this off-season (It's not like the Mavericks were aching to keep him or anything). He's slowly but surely coming back to form on the Clips and has given them a spark.

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Another Laker loss is another ray of pure sunshine for my day.

Should be beautiful to watch the Heat nuke the Lakers .

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 12:21:23 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Another Laker loss is another ray of pure sunshine for my day.

Should be beautiful to watch the Heat nuke the Lakers .
I wish there was a way for both teams to lose that game.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!