Author Topic: Rondo trying to get rudy gay to boston?  (Read 3832 times)

Re: Rondo trying to get rudy gay to boston?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:00:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
it's a shame it's not MEM moving to Seattle instead of SAC. 

that's a solid squad in MEM and no one shows up to watch them.  no way they'd be doing this if they were selling tickets.  at least SAC still has a fan base...

Memphis has one of the best fan bases in the NBA.

Yup. I think Dub must have them confused with Atlanta's fans.
One year of showing up (good for 16th in attendance) for games after your team wins 41 games (in 66 game season) makes you a good fanbase?

Okay......

I guess by those standards who has bad fans? Heat/Atlanta?

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

that's a solid squad in MEM and no one shows up to watch them.  no way they'd be doing this if they were selling tickets.  at least SAC still has a fan base...

Memphis has one of the best fan bases in the NBA.

I am in memphis on business right now. They play the spurs tomorrow but i think i will pass on that game and just wait til i get back home and go to the celtics-hornets game in march.  :D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

I think they would be trying to trade him even if they were a high revenue club.  Gay is not even close to being worth the max deal he has.  The strength of their team resides in their bigs and defense.  Gay's been good for their defense but he leads their team in shots and usage despite being a low-efficiency scorer who doesn't create much for his teammates.  Someone like Dudley, who is a better shooter and more unselfish, would be a very fine replacement for Gay at a fraction of the money.