Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony's Supsension?  (Read 9051 times)

Re: Carmelo Anthony's Supsension?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And the bad thing is that these two will probably be starters/players on the ASG.

Talk about Chemistry issues...we might as well give Kobe, CP3 and Co the next ASG win...I'm tired of seeing the West win.

We have the regular rivalry with Wade and LeBron...NOW?

Enter Melo and KG.

Melo KNOWS better than this....whether or not we all agree with what was "allegedly" said...most NBA players know that KG talks MUCH trash.

The BEST PLAYERS EVER talked trash, too:

Jordan...Larry...

Melo will NEVER achieve much in the NBA if he allows KG (or anyone else, for that matter) to get into his head. As the Knicks best player by far - NY needs him.

The game of Basketball is mostly mental...C'mon, Melo!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Deservingly so

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
He deserved it.  He attempted to get at Garnett outside the locker room and then at the bus.  A message needed to be sent.

I don't believe he just wanted to talk either.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:23 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
He deserved it.  He attempted to get at Garnett outside the locker room and then at the bus.  A message needed to be sent.

I think the TMZ video clearly shows he didn't just want to talk it out.  One game is super light, especially for a repeat offender.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And the bad thing is that these two will probably be starters/players on the ASG.

Talk about Chemistry issues...we might as well give Kobe, CP3 and Co the next ASG win...I'm tired of seeing the West win.

Enter Melo and KG.

Melo KNOWS better than this....whether or not we all agree with what was "allegedly" said...most NBA players know that KG talks MUCH trash.

Jordan...Larry...

Melo will NEVER achieve much in the NBA if he allows KG (or anyone else, for that matter) to get into his head. As the Knicks best player by far - NY needs him.

KG is too old for all this on the court he'll kill you obviously but have a feeling at the AS game he will probably be the bigger man, dap him up and tell him my bad "I'm still gonna bust your chops but wont go that far next time." They already made up supposedly.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I think the TMZ video clearly shows he didn't just want to talk it out.  One game is super light, especially for a repeat offender.

I agree, but again, Stern loves the Knicks, and Carmelo is one of his "Superstars". There's a clear bias, whether we like it or not.

If Rondo or Garnett or anybody in the celtics did what carmelo did, were looking at 2 to 5 games suspension.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Enter Melo and KG.

Jordan...Larry...

KG is too old for all this on the court he'll kill you obviously but have a feeling at the AS game he will probably be the bigger man, dap him up and tell him my bad "I'm still gonna bust your chops but wont go that far next time." They already made up supposedly.

I see your point, but the day KG stops talking trash he might as well hang up his sneakers. He's ALWAYS looking for an edge - and he got one.

That Knick win was SUPER important for BOS..we now have a Chemistry-Enhancing, Momentum-Building three game winning streak.

I'm glad KG did what he thought he had to do...KG sacrificed looking good for the TEAM.

That game was important.

If KG is still playing when he's forty I'd hope he still has his edge, lol.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I'm glad they supposedly made up, though.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
lol Rondo, always good for a quote:

‏@ESPNForsberg
Rajon Rondo playfully about suspension: “I get suspended for a phone hang-up and people just get away with anything in this league.”

@ESPNForsberg: Asked about being near bus when Melo was there, Rondo notes: “I didn’t want anything to happen to the big fella. I had my teammates’ back.”

‏@JCameratoNBA
"Just bc I get suspended doesn't mean I'm a bad person ... So why can't I be a peacemaker?" - Rondo on KG-Melo bus confrontation #Celtics

@JCameratoNBA "The fans still love me. They don't really judge me as much as the media does." - Rondo

Doc:

Jared Weiss ‏@CLNS_JaredWeiss

Doc on @carmeloanthony suspension: "I don’t believe a guy should ever be suspended…If you’re a fan you’re not happy with that." #Celtics

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Enter Melo and KG.

Jordan...Larry...

I see your point, but the day KG stops talking trash he might as well hang up his sneakers. He's ALWAYS looking for an edge - and he got one.

That Knick win was SUPER important for BOS..we now have a Chemistry-Enhancing, Momentum-Building three game winning streak.

I'm glad KG did what he thought he had to do...KG sacrificed looking good for the TEAM.

That game was important.

If KG is still playing when he's forty I'd hope he still has his edge, lol.
Absolutely, GF, (TP) ... totally agree with this. KG is a tough competitor, as Larry Bird was, and Larry talked as much trash as anyone in the NBA, (then or now), and backed it up, as KG does.

If Melo can't stand the heat, what the heck is he doing in the NBA?

The fact that the media and Carmelo made anything of this is just absurd, and I absolutely love that Big Ticket got inside Carmelo's head like that, and I hope he continues to do so.

The best win of the year, IMHO, for that and many other reasons.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I know from my sources that KG took him to breakfast the following morning to apologise. Melo ordered an omlet..... KG ordered honey nut cheerios......

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I know from my sources that KG took him to breakfast the following morning to apologise. Melo ordered an omlet..... KG ordered honey nut cheerios......

LOL..well, it IS good for Cholesterol.

I have it just about every day for breakfast, and the Docs confirmed my cholesterol drop. :o ;D.

It is what it is.

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Thank goodness!
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
1 game is appropriate given that nothing physical happened.

I do like how the griping has shifted from "Stern will never suspend his golden boy Melo" (which is weird enough, Melo's caused the league a fair bit of grief over the years) to "Stern would've suspended a Celtic much longer"  ::)

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:07 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i think he should have recieved a 2 game suspension....it was premeditated (as the mic on the backboard support picked up on saying he would see kg after the game during a free throw), he tried to get into the locker room, and was waiting at the bus.  regardless if anything happened, he made the environment unsafe.