Author Topic: Varejao out for the year?  (Read 7719 times)

Re: Varejao out for the year?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
reduces Sideshow Bob's trade value but probably drives up Gortat's value as the other primary center supposedly on the market
Tp
Any possible available centers just got a bit more expensive

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I wonder if someone would still deal for him even though he is injured...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I wonder if someone would still deal for him even though he is injured...

DA would...he risked Shaq , and all those old players ,  DA would , he likes deals like this ....Maybe he can get 2-3 really good years left in the guy.  He'd gamble. For a decent price. 

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If he starts out next season playing completely healthy and just as well as he has been in the past few seasons (when healthy), his trade value will probably be the same.  It's not like this injury means he should be evaluated as more injury-prone than he has been in the past.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Peter Vecsey reported this week that Cleveland told the Clippers it would take DeAndre Jordan and prized reserve guard Eric Bledsoe to get him.

Crazy asking price for Varejao. The Celtics never had a chance.

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Peter Vecsey reported this week that Cleveland told the Clippers it would take DeAndre Jordan and prized reserve guard Eric Bledsoe to get him.

Wow, Jordan and Bledsoe? So basically the Cavs don't really want to trade Varejao.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Wow, Jordan and Bledsoe? So basically the Cavs don't really want to trade Varejao.

While I think AV is very good and worth a good amount when healthy... that's ludicrous!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, that's asking for two really valuable young players for a 30 year old with injury issues who has been an energy guy most of his career, albeit a very productive one. 

Definitely a crazy asking price.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, that's asking for two really valuable young players for a 30 year old with injury issues who has been an energy guy most of his career, albeit a very productive one. 

And that's why the Cavs are the Cavs. Jordan would've been more than fair value.

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

And that's why the Cavs are the Cavs. Jordan would've been more than fair value.

First, it's Vecsey, so it's probably unreliable.

Second, Varejao is significantly better than Jordan.  I don't blame them for asking for a lot in their opening offer, with the idea that they'd be flexible.  If you put your best offer on the table initially, there's no room for negotiation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Anderson Varejao recently developed a blood clot in his lung and is out for the season.
A bad break gets worse for Varejao, who is now officially done for the season, according to the Cavs. Varejao just had surgery for a small split in his right quad, and he is expected to remain at the Cleveland Clinic to be treated and monitored. The good news is that he's expected to make a full recovery. This locks Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller in as the starting frontcourt for the remainder of the season. Thompson is averaging 10.3 points, 9.3 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 0.7 blocks as the starting power forward, while Zeller is averaging 10.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks as the starting center.

Source: NBA.com Jan 21 - 11:12 AM

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He's done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
as much as I despise Sideshow Bob for his time with Bron, I always respected his hustle (and would have loved to have him on our team).  hope he makes a full recovery.

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

First, it's Vecsey, so it's probably unreliable.

Second, Varejao is significantly better than Jordan.  I don't blame them for asking for a lot in their opening offer, with the idea that they'd be flexible.  If you put your best offer on the table initially, there's no room for negotiation.

Significantly better?...mmmm rather have Jordan myself