Poll

Hypothetical the new Supersonics offer Cousins and Evans for Rondo; Deal or No Deal?

Deal
55 (57.9%)
No Deal
40 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Poll: Seatle Supersonics knocks and offer Cousins+Evans for Rondo? Deal/No Deal  (Read 28188 times)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.

This is the same arena that Stern called completely inadequate for the Sonics when they were last in Seattle. But, as long as a new arena is in the process of being built, it's fine for a 2-year stint, apparently.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.

This is the same arena that Stern called completely inadequate for the Sonics when they were last in Seattle. But, as long as a new arena is in the process of being built, it's fine for a 2-year stint, apparently.

What other alternatives there is? Better than being lame duck in Sacramento.

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

The Maloof brothers are "finalizing an agreement" to sell the Kings to the Hansen-Balmer led Seattle group, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Wow. The Maloof family appears ready to rip the hearts out of Sacramento Kings fans on their way out the door. This isn't the last we've heard of this story, and it will be interesting to see the details of the agreement when they're released. Rotoworld's own Aaron Bruski is the man to follow for all things Kings related.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter Jan

Sorry didnt see jbaerg posted this

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I think it points even more to how underhanded Stern was in yanking the Sonics out of Seattle so his buddy Clay Bennett could have a team in OKC.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I think it points even more to how underhanded Stern was in yanking the Sonics out of Seattle so his buddy Clay Bennett could have a team in OKC.

OKC have been great for the league. You are correct about David Stern. He is a crook no doubt it.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Lame duck huh?

Blame the owners and management, not the city.  The city has shown they will support a quality product.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Hate to see SacTo not having a team. That fan base was very solid.

On the flip side though, so are the Sonic's fan base. At least it'll go back to Seattle.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

On the flip side though, so are the Sonic's fan base. At least it'll go back to Seattle.

Yeah if it had to happen this is the best destination.

I just hope they keep the Sonics name.

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
https://mobile.twitter.com/boogiecousins/status/289079554230857730

Cousins twitter says wow.   wow their moving ?  or get me out of here wow

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think that was part of the deal when the Sonics originally left.  They had to change their name, because the Sonics name was staying in Seattle for whenever the new franchise arrived. 

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Cousins twitter says wow.  A good wow their moving ?  or **** get me out of here wow

My guess is it is about the team being sold. 

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Cousins twitter says wow.  A good wow their moving ?  or **** get me out of here wow

"Wow" that it happened.  I'm kind of connected in on it because I listen to a Sacramento radio show every day on a sports station and literally they've been talking about the Kings moving and the ownership mess for two years straight and there have been like 5 times where it was thought they were actually moving just like this.

I'm sure it's surreal to actually see it happening.

I think that was part of the deal when the Sonics originally left.  They had to change their name, because the Sonics name was staying in Seattle for whenever the new franchise arrived. 

That's good then.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No deal as it is. 

If a pure PG came to us as well, then I might do it.  Can Tyreke even stay healthy?
What's his longest stretch of play without missing games due to injury?
How's his ball handling?

Miami's defense is too good in the playoffs for a team without
a great ball handler who can deal with big time pressure.

As for Cousins that would be a great snag for the future.  He'd surely do
some great things this year, but he could also do a bunch of non-vet things too.

I still have hopes for a title this year.  We need to resurrect a big
along the lines of Sam Dalembert.

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
No deal as it is. 

If a pure PG came to us as well, then I might do it.  Can Tyreke even stay healthy?
What's his longest stretch of play without missing games due to injury?
How's his ball handling?

Miami's defense is too good in the playoffs for a team without
a great ball handler who can deal with big time pressure.

As for Cousins that would be a great snag for the future.  He'd surely do
some great things this year, but he could also do a bunch of non-vet things too.

I still have hopes for a title this year.  We need to resurrect a big
along the lines of Sam Dalembert.

He played 72 games in his rookie season, and 63 out of 66 in the last one. I think this is good enough not to label him as injury-prone.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
WooOOOO hOooOOO...

As someone living in Seattle I'm thrilled about the Sonics coming back.  I miss going to games.... especially the annual Celtics game. 

I think Key Arena is a fine temporary venue.  It's small, but I think the main issue was the lease.  They'll probably work up a temporary one.  Probably will not sell out many games anyways. 

There's still no chance that the Kings/Sonics trade us Cousins for our benchwarmers.  I keep saying we'd have to offer them Rondo for them even to talk to us... but that's not to say I actually think a Cousins for Rondo deal is at all likely.  It's not.

That said, I really can't see the Sonics NOT trading Cousins prior to next season.  I just can't see them avoiding it.  Most people out here are still on the fence about the NBA.. if they aren't still claiming they are going to outright boycott it.  Many of them are bitter and haven't watched a single game since the SOnics were stolen... and point to any little "issue" as being why they "don't miss the NBA".  The last thing that team needs is their best player to be a wildcard... temper tantrums and trade demands.  It could sink the whole marketing effort... because you KNOW that the first thing that Seattle group is going to have to do is repair the fan relationship with the league.  Cousins can't possibly fit into that.  I think Cousins has a great future ahead of him... a Rasheed/Zach Randolph type of headcase who eventually ends up the best player on a good team... but him playing in Seattle is way too risky for that ownership group. 

Still... my bet would be that he gets traded in the offseason... probably for a high lotto pick or something... not traded to the Celtics