Poll

Hypothetical the new Supersonics offer Cousins and Evans for Rondo; Deal or No Deal?

Deal
55 (57.9%)
No Deal
40 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Poll: Seatle Supersonics knocks and offer Cousins+Evans for Rondo? Deal/No Deal  (Read 28199 times)

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bothers me to hear people just bury Sacramento so freely.   Feel really bad for a great but long suffering fan base.

Honestly I won't feel that bad for them if the team does move to Seattle.  The city of Sacramento probably isn't big enough or strong enough economically to really support a professional basketball team like the Kings.  In Seattle they can have a better arena and stronger support.  On top of that, Seattle is close enough to northern CA that Kings fans can still support the team even if it's gone to Seattle.

Seattle fans are just as deserving of a team.  Theirs was stolen from them even though they supported it for many many years.  It would be a rough transition, but I think it'd be a good thing if the old Supersonics fans the current Kings fans came together to support the new Seattle [insert name here]s.

I would love to see an NBA team back in Seattle. Would be very strange to see them leave Sacramento though. I hope if they do move back to Seattle they go back to the Supersonics. Would be a classic move.

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Deal

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Feel really bad for a great but long suffering fan base.

Same here. We're so fortunate to be fans of a stable franchise, and the greatest one in history, at that.

If I had my druthers, there'd be some serious restructuring of the NBA landscape—Sacramento would keep the Kings, Seattle would get the Sonics back, and there'd be no teams in Charlotte, Toronto, or Orlando. I might even scrap one of the three Texas teams, and Memphis.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hate to see Kings leave Sacramento..Virginia Beach has turn them down
hated to see them leave Kansas City.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bothers me to hear people just bury Sacramento so freely.   Feel really bad for a great but long suffering fan base.

Honestly I won't feel that bad for them if the team does move to Seattle.  The city of Sacramento probably isn't big enough or strong enough economically to really support a professional basketball team like the Kings.  In Seattle they can have a better arena and stronger support.  On top of that, Seattle is close enough to northern CA that Kings fans can still support the team even if it's gone to Seattle.

Seattle fans are just as deserving of a team.  Theirs was stolen from them even though they supported it for many many years.  It would be a rough transition, but I think it'd be a good thing if the old Supersonics fans the current Kings fans came together to support the new Seattle [insert name here]s.

Sacramento can support a team for sure.  They have.  Really, if I have any way I don't feel bad, it's that the management and ownsership sucks and they just make so many bad choices.  Hard to defend that.  WHy does Pietre still have that job?  Sacramento has a great fan base though.

I feel bad for Seattle as well and would love the SOnics back, but to get them back by taking the Kings... I'd feel dirty as a Seattle fan.  But oh well.

Part of it that is hard is that you can go back through history and see so many teams "stolen" from another city.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:59:27 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Hated to see them leave Cincinnati.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
touche (but before my time  ;D )

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
I know. I was playing along. But you know what people of Rochester got shafted the most. There wouldn't be Kings franchise if it weren't for them.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I posted this in another thread, but it's much more relevant to this discussion:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/09/2429127/sacramento-kings-official-denies.html

Rumor called "inaccurate" (note: not "false") by team spokesman.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I know. I was playing along. But you know what people of Rochester got shafted the most. There wouldn't be Kings franchise if it weren't for them.
very true.  surprised Rochester was ever able to support a major-league pro franchise in any sport

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

wow the Supersonics are BACK

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.