Poll

Hypothetical the new Supersonics offer Cousins and Evans for Rondo; Deal or No Deal?

Deal
55 (57.9%)
No Deal
40 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Poll: Seatle Supersonics knocks and offer Cousins+Evans for Rondo? Deal/No Deal  (Read 28220 times)

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Haven't watched Evans enough to really say I guess.

Inclined to say no because its more of a move for the future (much more imo )

Rondo is an absolute superstar in the playoffs generally being top 3of playoff performer. You need a superstar in the playoffs like that. Tyree and Cousins have never played in a playoff game(not to mention they aren't earth shaterring in the regular season either).

The team makes us better now and going forward as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzOGDBhClAY

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Yes.  Tyreke isn't an ideal point guard, but I think our offense would be okay with a further increase on team-wide ball movement.  I'd probably try to move Tyreke for a guy like Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry, but it's just too much talent coming back to pass up.

Co-sign. Easy yes vote here.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bothers me to hear people just bury Sacramento so freely.   Feel really bad for a great but long suffering fan base.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Yes.  Tyreke isn't an ideal point guard, but I think our offense would be okay with a further increase on team-wide ball movement.  I'd probably try to move Tyreke for a guy like Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry, but it's just too much talent coming back to pass up.

I just like how Bradley could cover 1's on defense and Tyreke could be more of the ball handler on offense. Plus, it would make us pretty big in the backcourt and help us matchup better vs teams with bigger 2 guards.

Doesn't this trade also give us back the Bi-Annual Exception? Since we're taking less cap space in, and we won't be paying luxury tax, couldn't we use the BAE, or the prorated portion, to lure a player when the buyouts start occurring?

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Its feasible Celtics work a three way trade sending Tyreke to Toronto for Lowry. But I'm not convinced Ainge would do such a thing. He was really high on Evans coming into the draft. Evans isn't ideal point guard, but he is ideal backcourt mate for Avery. A big guard allowing Avery, undersized two guard, defend point guard full time.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Hate to see Kings leave Sacramento.

Yes, I agree, but I'm also really happy that Seattle gets a team back.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
A core now of DMC, KG, Pierce, Avery, and Tyreke would be sick defensively. Offensively I think it would be a work in progress, but AB really plays off the ball well and KG is so unselfish that along with Pierce's IQ, I think it really ends up working. Not to mention Sully, Green, and Terry off the bench. This team on paper looks as dynamic as any in the NBA.

Then again on paper doesn't mean anything. Just look at the Lakers.

A future core of DMC, Sully, Green, Avery, and Tyreke definitely seems like it has the talent to compete for future titles for years to come.

I love Rondo and there aren't many trades out there that I would move him for, but this is one of them. I think I would ask for Isaiah Thomas as well just to have a true PG on the team.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I liked Tyreke but he just had a knee surgery, so let's stay away from him ..
If the Kings will really be sold, I see Cousins dealt to LA for Jordan Hill and Sacre then the Kings will be 'rewarded' with a top two pick in June.. (Stern will flip a coin to decide the order of the 1st and 2nd picks between them and the Magic! )

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I liked Tyreke but he just had a knee surgery, so let's stay away from him.

No, he didn't. Tyreke had a knee bruise that didn't require surgery.

If the Kings will really be sold, I see Cousins dealt to LA for Jordan Hill and Sacre then the Kings will be 'rewarded' with a top two pick in June.. (Stern will flip a coin to decide the order of the 1st and 2nd picks between them and the Magic! )

Cousins to the Lakers for Hill and Sacre.  :o Have you gone mad? Or are you Lakers fan? But really though when it comes to the Lakers a crazy trade like that isn't out of question.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I think that is an easy yes for the Celtics and I suspect Daniel Ainge would jump at the dea.  But I think Sac/Sea could do better and it would surprise the heck out of me if they ever did this deal (but stranger things have happened).

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Love Conley. Super underrated.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Evans and Cousins, two basket cases wrapped in one neat little package. However, I agree this is too much talent to pass on.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No deal. It is very tempting though.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
God am I torn on this one. Rondo makes this team go, but being able to Cousins and Evans would be huge. I hate Evans though but he does give us an intriguing prospect for trade as well an a bigger match for Bradley to be paired with... Lets see, which line up is better?

Rondo/Terry                      Evans/Terry
Bradley/Lee                      Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green                     Pierce/Green
Bass/Sully                       KG/Bass/Sully
KG/Wilcox                        Cousins/Wilcox

Thats a pretty bad ass team with too much depth, yet again, and no realy point guard to run the offense. I would only be interested in a three team deal in which we get a serviceable point guard. I think I have to say no to it... Rondo is just too important. Or do I. I dont know!

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bothers me to hear people just bury Sacramento so freely.   Feel really bad for a great but long suffering fan base.

Honestly I won't feel that bad for them if the team does move to Seattle.  The city of Sacramento probably isn't big enough or strong enough economically to really support a professional basketball team like the Kings.  In Seattle they can have a better arena and stronger support.  On top of that, Seattle is close enough to northern CA that Kings fans can still support the team even if it's gone to Seattle.

Seattle fans are just as deserving of a team.  Theirs was stolen from them even though they supported it for many many years.  It would be a rough transition, but I think it'd be a good thing if the old Supersonics fans the current Kings fans came together to support the new Seattle [insert name here]s.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain