Author Topic: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus  (Read 13956 times)

Re: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
^ If it's not against the rules, it's acceptable. This isn't the National Best-friends Association. KG is going to go over the lines of decency as long as he can get away with it, particularly when it causes Marshmelo to wilt.

Talking about someone's dead mother is terrible. I don't care the circumstances.  Its a low blow. If it was any player besides KG or another non-Celtic we wouldn't be debating it. Imagine if Kobe Bryant said the same thing tl Tim Duncan. We'd be calling him a classless jerk.

The only sources I've seen for the KG talking about Timmy Duncan's mother rumor start with "the story goes that . . . "

If I were to read a quote from Duncan himself, KG, or even anybody else who was on the floor with them at the time that confirms this, I might be more inclined to believe.

Can anyone say; "urban legend."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Unless there are rules about what people can say, I can't fault players for going all out in their trash-talking.

Since the NBA is a workplace, it would be reasonable to have rules restricting trash talk topics. But considering the competitive nature of the job, it seems like something to be expected.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Here's how the NY Daily News is reporting it:

Carmelo Anthony lost his cool after Boston Celtics bigmouth Kevin Garnett reportedly said his wife “tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios” — a dig at Anthony, who is estranged from his sweet spouse.

The NBA superstars nearly came to blows Monday night after Garnett incorporated the General Mills cereal in a fit of trash talking about reality TV-star La La Anthony.

“Your... wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios,” Garnett told Anthony in a heated Eastern Conference game at Madison Square Garden.
And there's more . . .
Garnett’s slight came off as offensive and tasteless to Melo, who is having marital problems, a source told the Daily News.

Garnett and Anthony had to be separated on court and both were hit with technical fouls. But the insult left Anthony so upset he sought out Garnett after the 102-96 Knicks loss, apparently to settle the score.

An infuriated Anthony yelled at Garnett outside the Celtics’ locker room immediately after the game. He then tried to confront Garnett later as the Celtics were boarding their team bus to leave the Garden.

Garden security, five NYPD cops and Knicks coach Mike Woodson raced to defuse a potentially volatile scene at the midtown arena.

Anthony and his wife have been living apart for at least two months, and La La rang in the New Year without him in Miami’s South Beach, the source said.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I think that stuff should stay on the battlefield. I've fought MMA semi-professionally and people have said some messed up stuff to me like "I think your gf wants to do me tonight" etc. It's just psychological warfare. It's not personal. I remember when Rodman would cause Malone to meltdown in the old days..

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Better than anything I've seen so far, quality isn't great though.
Kg swears he didn't say anything about Carmelo's family...
Carmelo claims he crossed the line.
I honestly wouldn't care if he did or not. MJ and Reggie used to talk about players families.

Moral of the story; Melo is an eternal wannabe. Never gonna win an MVP, never gonna win a championship. Always second fiddle to the Lakers in the West and the Celtics and Heat in the East.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/09/kevin-garnett-carmelo-anthony-fight-video-knicks-celtics/
Wait how does KG swear he didnt say anything about Melo's family? You can make out what's being said?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If this stuff isn't supposed to be part of the game, call a T and throw the guy out.  Trash talking goes back as far as the playgrounds where these guys started playing basketball.  The NBA can stop it.  It isn't that hard.

Now since the NBA allows it and has always allowed it, they really need to hold players who react to it accountable for their actions. 

In my opinion, and this is just me and what I teach my kids, no words should be able to move you to violence (short of threatening you or your loved ones that is.)  Ignore it, their words only have power to affect you if you give them the power to affect you.  In fact, if you don't respond to KG and just ignore him, eventually that will start getting into his head.

Finally, go to the urban dictionary and look up Honey Nut Cheerios.  I apparently have led a very sheltered and boring life.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
If this stuff isn't supposed to be part of the game, call a T and throw the guy out.  Trash talking goes back as far as the playgrounds where these guys started playing basketball.  The NBA can stop it.  It isn't that hard.

Now since the NBA allows it and has always allowed it, they really need to hold players who react to it accountable for their actions. 

In my opinion, and this is just me and what I teach my kids, no words should be able to move you to violence (short of threatening you or your loved ones that is.)  Ignore it, their words only have power to affect you if you give them the power to affect you.  In fact, if you don't respond to KG and just ignore him, eventually that will start getting into his head.

Finally, go to the urban dictionary and look up Honey Nut Cheerios.  I apparently have led a very sheltered and boring life.

Good Post! TP!

Great point about it getting in KG's head if it doesn't show any affect on Anthony (I think KG is special in that he would talk to himself if no one else was on the court). I think that is really true for a guy like Ron Artest.

and  :o

KG is a freak!

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Anybody find it weird no suspension or fine has been handed out to Melo?!?!

:o
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Anybody find it weird no suspension or fine has been handed out to Melo?!?!

:o
He is one of the league's "baby Jordans". They won't suspend him but any of  our guys can get the league's worst at any time.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Better than anything I've seen so far, quality isn't great though.
Kg swears he didn't say anything about Carmelo's family...
Carmelo claims he crossed the line.
I honestly wouldn't care if he did or not. MJ and Reggie used to talk about players families.

Moral of the story; Melo is an eternal wannabe. Never gonna win an MVP, never gonna win a championship. Always second fiddle to the Lakers in the West and the Celtics and Heat in the East.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/09/kevin-garnett-carmelo-anthony-fight-video-knicks-celtics/
Wait how does KG swear he didnt say anything about Melo's family? You can make out what's being said?

No, I was summarizing what KG has said about the incident.
I have no idea what they're saying. I think this is where KG was saying he wouldn't waste his money on Melo.

I'm also one of 'nothing is off limits' when it comes to trash talking.
You can bet KG is going to say that stuff in the playoffs.
As mentioned earlier- nothing was out of bounds for guys like Reggie and Jordan. The only stuff I'm not as thrilled about are when I hear Larry Bird allegedly called black players the N word and used racial taunts. It was a different era but still it's horrid.

Michael Jordan and Larry are regarded (much like Kobe) as two of the biggest scumbags ever in the NBA for not drawing a line when it came to getting a mental edge.

It's all on the court and no one means it- if you know it will get inside someones head then use it. If you're going to take it personally and not think about their reasoning and you get suckered in- that's your fault as a professional athlete.

Do I hope KG uses the LaLa references when we are down in game 7 of the EC semi finals with one quarter remaining? Hell yeah.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Thanks to KG other teams know how to get under CA's skin. Just send a bench scrub out there to tell him "your wife really is part of a complete breakfast" and have him thrown out of the game at best or just taking bad shots at worse.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Mother(bleep) is probably worse than anything else; imo, if one is the kind to take trash talk and its meaning seriously. Yet, its tossed around frequently by almost all players. Doesn't seem to bother anyone and no "I will see you outside" moments happen. Or so it seems.

To Carmelo: don't dish it if you can't take it. Keep your mouth shut and let your game do the talking. 6-26 is not the way to do it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Thanks to KG other teams know how to get under CA's skin. Just send a bench scrub out there to tell him "your wife really is part of a complete breakfast" and have him thrown out of the game at best or just taking bad shots at worse.
TP. I actually have that cereal. Might go have some as it is never too late for breakfast.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Good Post! TP!

Great point about it getting in KG's head if it doesn't show any affect on Anthony (I think KG is special in that he would talk to himself if no one else was on the court). I think that is really true for a guy like Ron Artest.

and  :o

KG is a freak!

Ain't he though. 

I couldn't figure out why he'd say something so random like Honey Nut Cheerios so I asked my wife who is a teacher if this is some sort of kid's slang.  She said she hadn't heard of it.  I said, "maybe it is a cultural thing" since I'm white, maybe the African American community just has a thing for Honey Nut Cheerios.  Then she told me to look it up in the urban dictionary.  So I did and I thought to myself... I totally wasted my college years.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Who's has good hearing what was being said??

All I heard from KG was "Ni---, Ni---, My Ni---!!"

LOL