Author Topic: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus  (Read 13957 times)

New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Better than anything I've seen so far, quality isn't great though.
Kg swears he didn't say anything about Carmelo's family...
Carmelo claims he crossed the line.
I honestly wouldn't care if he did or not. MJ and Reggie used to talk about players families.

Moral of the story; Melo is an eternal wannabe. Never gonna win an MVP, never gonna win a championship. Always second fiddle to the Lakers in the West and the Celtics and Heat in the East.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/09/kevin-garnett-carmelo-anthony-fight-video-knicks-celtics/
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Better than anything I've seen so far, quality isn't great though.
Kg swears he didn't say anything about Carmelo's family...
Carmelo claims he crossed the line.
I honestly wouldn't care if he did or not. MJ and Reggie used to talk about players families.

Moral of the story; Melo is an eternal wannabe. Never gonna win an MVP, never gonna win a championship. Always second fiddle to the Lakers in the West and the Celtics and Heat in the East.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/09/kevin-garnett-carmelo-anthony-fight-video-knicks-celtics/

maybe Melo should see if he can change his name to "Big Baby"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:03:02 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
whatever KG said worked...Melo was mentally GONE

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

True.  Carmelo 's brain checked out, his focus was wasted by something ,  probally KG/Green were shutting him down had him mad .  KG saw he was getting rattled by bricks, defense and calls....so he just decided to finish him off with smack.  LoL ...wow...yeah Carmelo just folded mentally.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

He really doesn't seem to understand what it takes to win.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Three things I want today.
1. Celtics win
2. Melo suspension
3. Lakers loss

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
1. Celtics win
2. Melo suspension
3. Lakers loss
agree!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
1. Celtics win
2. Melo suspension
3. Lakers loss
agree!!!!

Thirded.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I'm not going to defend Melo, but if KG did say something about Melo's wife, that's beyond the pale and unacceptable.

In a Mother's Day game in 1999, KG said something to Tim Duncan about his mother

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother’s Day), Tim Duncan’s Spurs played Kevin Garnett’s Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far. Just as Tim Duncan was going to take two free throws, Garnett barked at him: “Happy Mother’s Day, mother****er!” Tim Duncan’s mother famously died of breast cancer the day before his 14th birthday

Wives, mothers, family and kids are not acceptable taunting topics, for someone on the team I love, or anyone else in the league. That kind of thing should lead to ejection from the game, at least. I have no problem with a player getting into an opponent's head, but there's a limit to what is acceptable, unless we want to see actual fist fighting in games, like in hockey.   

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm not going to defend Melo, but if KG did say something about Melo's wife, that's beyond the pale and unacceptable.

In a Mother's Day game in 1999, KG said something to Tim Duncan about his mother

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother’s Day), Tim Duncan’s Spurs played Kevin Garnett’s Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far. Just as Tim Duncan was going to take two free throws, Garnett barked at him: “Happy Mother’s Day, mother****er!” Tim Duncan’s mother famously died of breast cancer the day before his 14th birthday

Wives, mothers, family and kids are not acceptable taunting topics, for someone on the team I love, or anyone else in the league. That kind of thing should lead to ejection from the game, at least. I have no problem with a player getting into an opponent's head, but there's a limit to what is acceptable, unless we want to see actual fist fighting in games, like in hockey.   

I found the alleged Lala quote funny, its such a ridiculous thing to say. but I agree that the KG/Duncan interaction was way out of line. I understand the heat of battle, but there's no need or place for such a low blow.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
^ If it's not against the rules, it's acceptable. This isn't the National Best-friends Association. KG is going to go over the lines of decency as long as he can get away with it, particularly when it causes Marshmelo to wilt.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
^ If it's not against the rules, it's acceptable. This isn't the National Best-friends Association. KG is going to go over the lines of decency as long as he can get away with it, particularly when it causes Marshmelo to wilt.

yeah the supposed Lala statement was actually just funny.  If that is all it takes to get Melo's panties in a bind then I am all for KG doing that.   

The other one about Duncan's mom, well that seems to cross the line.  To me it is a lot worse than the Lala thing.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

I agree, nothing's off limits IMO.

Are you guys saying it's okay to say something to try and rattle a player as long as it doesn't offend him?  What?  Why would anything be off limits when it comes to trying to get a psychological advantage?

How about Jason Terry on LeBron?

Now we know why Lebron James ISN'T HAVING A GOOD NBA FINAL, and it's all thanks to Dallas Mavericks star Jason Terry. (Media Take Out) is reporting that since the start of the 2011 NBA Finals, Jason Terry's EXTREME comments to Lebron James has thrown the Miami Heat star off his game. Reports are that Terry is talking about how Lebron James's girlfriend, Savannah is sleeping around with NBA players (Click Here to report that rumor). Also he's going so far as to say he wants to [sleep with] Lebron's mother. It's to the point that Lebron James may believe the rumors of his girlfriend sleeping around behind his back.

Nothing wrong with trash talk.

Would you rather KG not say anything and the Knicks ended up winning?

Would you rather Terry not have said anything to LeBron and LeBron to have 2 rings now?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 12:10:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

NOPE ...not at all..

This sort of whining by CHUMPMELO ..BOO HOO ...people called me names , talked about my mooma is so childish.Its funny and part of the game .  During a basketball game is Carmelos mind so weak.. why is he even listening or giving a flip about what the other team says? Thats laughable. REALLY ...????

So Whats next  ...You want to have a "HALL MONITIOR" and have the GOVERMENT involved  FBI or CIA  ;D

Do you want mics and camera in their bedrooms too? 

You want KG to write a 1000 times " I LOVE MY ENEMY"  on the black board. ;D

KG runs his mouth , I love it and think its great !!! More the better ( just not to the refs)...hee hee....yeah , If I was playing I'd be talking smack too as I walked by the other coach....I wouldn't give anybody a break...they are the enemy... ? most fans love it anyway. ;D

I'm sure Bird and his foes talked sweet to each other  ::)

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Talking about someone's dead mother is terrible. I don't care the circumstances.  Its a low blow. If it was any player besides KG or another non-Celtic we wouldn't be debating it. Imagine if Kobe Bryant said the same thing tl Tim Duncan. We'd be calling him a classless jerk.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman