Author Topic: Andrew Bogut: should we target him?  (Read 4469 times)

Re: Andrew Bogut: should we target him?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:01 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I was trying to think of some big bodies that have flown under the radar.

Seems like he is somehwhat close to returning. I don't pay attention to the Warriors at all to be honest but they seem to be rolling at the moment and Bogut doesn't seem like he would necessarily fit in seamlessly with the team, especially since he hasn't really played with them much. He also has is being paid a lot of money which I'm sure Golden State isn't thrilled with right now.

It would definitely be somewhat of a risk but if he got healthy and could give 75% of what he could give when he normally plays than that would be huge. A 7 footer who can rebound, defend, block shots and has a post game.

Any change the Warriors would be enticed by a package such as Green and Lee?

Some people may think thats not enough but Boguts stock has to be at an all time low right now.

For people that think it's too much (given the risk) I definitely see your point but I think the only hole it really leaves us with is a back up 3. Green isn't playing a ton of minutes anyway right now and it doesn't seem like, at least for now that he is gonna get close to that 30 min mark that a lot of people were anticipating prior to the season.

What are people's thoughts? For me worst case scenario and Bogut remains injured, we really only lose a back up 3 for the playoffs who wouldn't be looking at many minutes anyway

The Warriors gave up Monta Ellis and Udoh for him, and then took a lot of flack from their fans when they lied about his injury. I highly doubt they trade him now before they see if he returns to form. His value can only improve at this point.

You really think they would get a lot of flack?

It's not like the Warriors are doing bad. They are killing it. I don't think any fans even remember Monta Ellis there.

It would be foolish for their management (or the fans) to let something like that get in the way of improving their team

for trading Monta, no , most fans are happy with that, but for lying about Bogut's injury and hiding the fact that it was a microfracture surgery, yes, they have gotten a TON of flack for it. They lost a lot of trust from their fans. Bogut is the one who came out and told the truth because he got tired of always being asked when he was going to return from a relatively minor injury.

I'm not gonna pretend to know that situation at all.

But isn't getting Green and Lee pretty good value at this point especially with how they are playing atm? It's not like they are getting trash or something for him.

Trust me I'm not 100% into this trade. Just kind of kicking the tires. I'd be curious to know what Warriors fans would think of the trade. Are they expecting Bogut to be a big factor or do they think he will never get rolling?

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I just don't see E as a viable option. The Warriors are not going to give up Bogut for a couple of mid level pieces, it aint happening. Especially not when he will reportedly be back soon.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I was trying to think of some big bodies that have flown under the radar.

Seems like he is somehwhat close to returning. I don't pay attention to the Warriors at all to be honest but they seem to be rolling at the moment and Bogut doesn't seem like he would necessarily fit in seamlessly with the team, especially since he hasn't really played with them much. He also has is being paid a lot of money which I'm sure Golden State isn't thrilled with right now.

It would definitely be somewhat of a risk but if he got healthy and could give 75% of what he could give when he normally plays than that would be huge. A 7 footer who can rebound, defend, block shots and has a post game.

Any change the Warriors would be enticed by a package such as Green and Lee?

Some people may think thats not enough but Boguts stock has to be at an all time low right now.

For people that think it's too much (given the risk) I definitely see your point but I think the only hole it really leaves us with is a back up 3. Green isn't playing a ton of minutes anyway right now and it doesn't seem like, at least for now that he is gonna get close to that 30 min mark that a lot of people were anticipating prior to the season.

What are people's thoughts? For me worst case scenario and Bogut remains injured, we really only lose a back up 3 for the playoffs who wouldn't be looking at many minutes anyway

The Warriors gave up Monta Ellis and Udoh for him, and then took a lot of flack from their fans when they lied about his injury. I highly doubt they trade him now before they see if he returns to form. His value can only improve at this point.

You really think they would get a lot of flack?

It's not like the Warriors are doing bad. They are killing it. I don't think any fans even remember Monta Ellis there.

It would be foolish for their management (or the fans) to let something like that get in the way of improving their team

for trading Monta, no , most fans are happy with that, but for lying about Bogut's injury and hiding the fact that it was a microfracture surgery, yes, they have gotten a TON of flack for it. They lost a lot of trust from their fans. Bogut is the one who came out and told the truth because he got tired of always being asked when he was going to return from a relatively minor injury.

I'm not gonna pretend to know that situation at all.

But isn't getting Green and Lee pretty good value at this point especially with how they are playing atm? It's not like they are getting trash or something for him.

Trust me I'm not 100% into this trade. Just kind of kicking the tires. I'd be curious to know what Warriors fans would think of the trade. Are they expecting Bogut to be a big factor or do they think he will never get rolling?

From all reports I have read, they expect Bogut to be the factor that makes them legit contenders, plus they have always been after a top defensive center like him. He is also supposedly on his way back soon after much improvement.

Yea, Green, Lee, or Bass are not garbage, but they are also not the type of players that get you a top level center. The Warriors wouldn't need Green too much with Barnes and Graymond Green doing very well for them. Same for Bass behind David Lee. Courtney Lee would also be behind Thompson and Jack.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Golden State is set at the wing positions, so Lee and Green would be of no interest to them.  They have had a ton of success with rookie contract guys like Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and Dreymond Green, and have $14m and two more years tied into Richard Jefferson and Brandon Rush. 

Lee and Carl Landry have the PF minutes covered, so Green and Bass aren't needed there. 

Not a good match.   The only thing this Warriors team needs is a center who can score in the low post and defend - the things a healthy Bogat can do.  He will be on an expiring deal next season, so having him sit around and get healthy is the right thing to do.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Golden State is set at the wing positions, so Lee and Green would be of no interest to them.  They have had a ton of success with rookie contract guys like Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and Dreymond Green, and have $14m and two more years tied into Richard Jefferson and Brandon Rush. 

Lee and Carl Landry have the PF minutes covered, so Green and Bass aren't needed there. 

Not a good match.   The only thing this Warriors team needs is a center who can score in the low post and defend - the things a healthy Bogat can do.  He will be on an expiring deal next season, so having him sit around and get healthy is the right thing to do.

Well put. A healthy Bogut would make us the best defensive team in the league, assuming we didnt give up Bradley, Rondo, Pierce, or KG. Thats a fact. he'd also theoretically make us an above average rebounding team, and a more efficient offensive power.

But Bogut isn't healthy, and the Warriors likely aren't buying what we're selling. KG would be the best fit for them, and he's not on the table.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We shouldnt. Because the Dubs wouldnt give him away anyway, atlwast for this year and the next.

They are very high in Bogut, abd the Dubs winning bought him a lot of time to recover. The way GSW is playing defense even without their two best defenders (Bogut and Rush) is great, adding Bogut will make that lineup a contender.

And even if they put him on the block, I dont think we have what they are looking for, which is an All Star caliber SF. And no we wont trade Paul foe Bogiut. Doubt theyll take Pierce anyway.

I will give Biedrins a look though. The way he's playing the last few games, he's slowly turning back intonhis We Believe self. That would be good enough to push us there IMO. Hes rebounding again, blocking shots, playing with energy, still afraid of contact though but hey, he'll be helpful. Best part if that is, he can be available for cheap once Bogut cones back because if his contract, he seems to be the odd man out for that Center rotation. Problem is matching that conteract of his.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:01:18 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No -- too many injury problems. Risk is too high.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
as a long time warrior fan the last thing we need is to take a step back by taking on jeff greens big contract. it's funny that a lot of people here actually think teams would actively try to improve their team by adding green. though the warriors may be willing to consider green in a deal involving jefferson.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 04:32:22 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
No. Im Australian and i say no. Bogut is cooked he needs a fork stuck in him pronto. Its depressing but his body just cant hold up

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:14 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
hhhcccaaahhh Raef LaFrentz!!!

Woop sorry, just sneezed....

What were you saying about us getting Andrew Bogus???

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No -- too many injury problems. Risk is too high.

Reward is too high as well though.

He had a couple of bad breaks (pun intended), but he never had a recurring injury.

(It feels like Celticsblog Draft all over again)

But we don't have anything that will interest the DUbs. SO I guess it's moot point.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace