Author Topic: Andrew Bogut: should we target him?  (Read 4473 times)

Andrew Bogut: should we target him?
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I was trying to think of some big bodies that have flown under the radar.

Seems like he is somehwhat close to returning. I don't pay attention to the Warriors at all to be honest but they seem to be rolling at the moment and Bogut doesn't seem like he would necessarily fit in seamlessly with the team, especially since he hasn't really played with them much. He also has is being paid a lot of money which I'm sure Golden State isn't thrilled with right now.

It would definitely be somewhat of a risk but if he got healthy and could give 75% of what he could give when he normally plays than that would be huge. A 7 footer who can rebound, defend, block shots and has a post game.

Any change the Warriors would be enticed by a package such as Green and Lee?

Some people may think thats not enough but Boguts stock has to be at an all time low right now.

For people that think it's too much (given the risk) I definitely see your point but I think the only hole it really leaves us with is a back up 3. Green isn't playing a ton of minutes anyway right now and it doesn't seem like, at least for now that he is gonna get close to that 30 min mark that a lot of people were anticipating prior to the season.

What are people's thoughts? For me worst case scenario and Bogut remains injured, we really only lose a back up 3 for the playoffs who wouldn't be looking at many minutes anyway

Re: Andrew Bogut: should we target him?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Not healthy. Almost broken every season

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
so he can sit on the bench in a suit taking up salary cap money?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He is too injury prone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He is a MONEY PIT

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Seems like he is somehwhat close to returning. I don't pay attention to the Warriors at all to be honest but they seem to be rolling at the moment and Bogut doesn't seem like he would necessarily fit in seamlessly with the team, especially since he hasn't really played with them much. He also has is being paid a lot of money which I'm sure Golden State isn't thrilled with right now.

It would definitely be somewhat of a risk but if he got healthy and could give 75% of what he could give when he normally plays than that would be huge. A 7 footer who can rebound, defend, block shots and has a post game.

Some people may think thats not enough but Boguts stock has to be at an all time low right now.

For people that think it's too much (given the risk) I definitely see your point but I think the only hole it really leaves us with is a back up 3. Green isn't playing a ton of minutes anyway right now and it doesn't seem like, at least for now that he is gonna get close to that 30 min mark that a lot of people were anticipating prior to the season.

What are people's thoughts? For me worst case scenario and Bogut remains injured, we really only lose a back up 3 for the playoffs who wouldn't be looking at many minutes anyway

The Warriors gave up Monta Ellis and Udoh for him, and then took a lot of flack from their fans when they lied about his injury. I highly doubt they trade him now before they see if he returns to form. His value can only improve at this point.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I love Bogut and I think he's perfect for this team. Him playing next to KG would be a dream.

But unfortunately I can't imagine a scenario in which the Warriors dump him.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Say no to bigs who can't defend, we already have a few of them.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:28 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

what? Bogut is a great defender. His defense in the middle is the main reason the Warriors traded for him!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39

Bogut? Can't defend? Before his injury (the freak elbow injury) I'm fairly sure the only player who had a better defensive impact on his team was Kevin Garnett.

However, in order to actually obtain Bogut, the team would have to part with some rather integral parts. Given his injury record, I'd say it's too big a gamble. Furthermore, I don't see why Golden State would trade him before at least giving him a try. If he is not in their long term plans (which I think he very much is), they can hardly hurt his stock, as he hasn't played for more or less two years.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

The Warriors gave up Monta Ellis and Udoh for him, and then took a lot of flack from their fans when they lied about his injury. I highly doubt they trade him now before they see if he returns to form. His value can only improve at this point.

You really think they would get a lot of flack?

It's not like the Warriors are doing bad. They are killing it. I don't think any fans even remember Monta Ellis there.

It would be foolish for their management (or the fans) to let something like that get in the way of improving their team

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

You really think they would get a lot of flack?

It's not like the Warriors are doing bad. They are killing it. I don't think any fans even remember Monta Ellis there.

It would be foolish for their management (or the fans) to let something like that get in the way of improving their team

for trading Monta, no , most fans are happy with that, but for lying about Bogut's injury and hiding the fact that it was a microfracture surgery, yes, they have gotten a TON of flack for it. They lost a lot of trust from their fans. Bogut is the one who came out and told the truth because he got tired of always being asked when he was going to return from a relatively minor injury.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
He is too injury prone

agree.
Clearly this is hypothetical but I'm trying to weigh options to get a big man.

Options to me are:

A: Stand pat. We don't need a big man or we can pick up Kenyon Martin, or a Ryan Hollins type getting bought out at the deadline.

B. Try and acquire a low tier center without giving up too much. Not sure maybe Dalembert/R. Lopez (anyone else?)

C. Give up one of our talented young kids (AB or Sully) packaged with Lee ,Green (something to that effect) for a Marcin Gortat type.

D. Give up possibly AB, Sully and the lot for Cousins, Andy V something like that.

E. Give up a couple mid level pieces we have to acquire someone like Bogut who's value is very low right now but could be huge if healthy.

Honestly none of the options are extremely appealing to me. I'm definitely a homer and hate giving up anyone on the team usually. So to me, I wouldn't really be in favor of gutting the team (especially if we continue to play well) and we be inclined to pick option A,B or E

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The warriors are playing well allowing Bogut to take his time coming back. When he does he is a huge bonus. Don't see GS trading him.