Author Topic: Simple question, do we need to make a trade? Why? Why not?  (Read 14134 times)

Re: Simple question, do we need to make a trade? Why? Why not?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
No NBA team is going to beat a healthy Heat team in 7 games playing small.
We can predict the future now?!? lol

No.  We saw what the Heat could do last year when healthy.  No Bosh, Celtics were a threat.  With Bosh, KG gets pulled from the lane, Celtics no longer a threat.

While the Celtics had Bradley injured, Ray Allen playing on crutches...

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

No.  We saw what the Heat could do last year when healthy.  No Bosh, Celtics were a threat.  With Bosh, KG gets pulled from the lane, Celtics no longer a threat.

It was mainly Wade breaking us down and us being too slow to get on their 3pt shooters that killed us. If we stay healthy for the most part their shooters and Wade will have a much tougher time this go around. We got younger while their role players look old or just spent from there championship run.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

a shell of pierce with an MCL strain, Pietrus on a bum knee...

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I say no.

Basically, I've never been interested in breaking up the core of Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett, and I think the rest of our roster is more valuable as players for the Celtics than they are as trade chips.

There:  One sentence. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:06 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
In one sentence tell me why or why not.

I say no because we do not need any additional pieces to beat our main competition. (Miami)

No, especially if the asking price includes Sullinger or Bradley.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
yes if it doesn't gut team, dalembert ?

(one bad sentence!)

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think we need to let the Bradley-era play out longer than 4 games to get a better feel for the impact.  Then it's either a big change (if C's revert to pre-Indiana game level of play) or a smaller change -- like trading for Okafur.

But either way I do think we need to make a trade if our goal is to contend for a championship this year.

AGREED! some bum big is not going to cut it against the heat. we are not beating Miami with small ball. you have to counter that with BIG ball. we were only better than them at TWO positions in the playoffs. PG and C.

You have to use those advantages and pound them relentlessly. KG destroyed Anthony. Now if bosh wants to play KG down low we need another big who can destroy anthony when KG sits. wilcox is not the guy. sully is a PF. you have to keep the pounding down low going in perpetual motion. Keep miami on their heels all game. this way it is two fold. a big center always in to score and protect the paint/rim. We cannot count on AB to stop every dribble drive by wade or lebron or others on that team.
agreed.

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:06 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I say no, because within the current possibilities, realistically speaking, we aren't going to make it past the Heat and there is no need to pull the trigger in a rush for rebuilding.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Boston Celtics is ranked 3nd last in blocks per game and die last in rebounding.

Big man needed   

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:55 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
yes if it doesn't gut team, dalembert ?

(one bad sentence!)

This is what I was thinking.  There was some talk of him possibly getting bought out.  The Celtics don't have much luck with landing good players this way.  They seem to choose other teams most times.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  We've had bad luck ever since the championship season.  Hopefully we are due for some good luck.

I really don't want to trade anyone we have right now.  We are going to need Green for his defense on Lebron, Melo, etc., we need Lee for his defense, which is especially good when paired with Bradley.  I don't even have to explain why I don't want to trade Sully or Bradley, and we will need Terry in the playoffs for his 3 point shot and clutchness.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:36 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Boston Celtics is ranked 3nd last in blocks per game and die last in rebounding.

Big man needed

we really need a guy who can block wade and lebrons dribble drives. that would be sweet. talk about a rim protector. I wish Fabulous Fab melo was ready. I think he will be a great shot blocker for us in the future.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not necessarily a trade but the team will need to make a move for a competent big man whether its through trade, buyouts, whatever. 

They do need something a little bit more than what they currently have.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Big man needed

The lack of shot-blocking definitely bothers me.

We're pretty good in defensive rebounding, though, and the offensive rebounding has looked better lately.  But we definitely need a starting-quality big with real size to put next to KG.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Yes, to help take the load off KG.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not necessarily a trade but the team will need to make a move for a competent big man whether its through trade, buyouts, whatever. 

They do need something a little bit more than what they currently have.

Bare minimum they need to make a move for a guy like Sam Dalembert or Timofey Mozgov.  Somebody with real size, a plus rebounder, and the ability to block and / or alter shots at the rim for a solid 15-20 minutes a night.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain