Author Topic: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus  (Read 13904 times)

Re: New footage of Melo and KG post game near bus
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:56 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I can't even tell what's happening. And how can a video quality so bad? It's 2013 lol

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I can't believe some posters in here will write something like "any topic is fair game in trash talking."

How about an opponent's sick, dying, or dead child?  Is that fair material for trash talk?

For those who think trash talking should have no limits, don't go crying when you favorite player gets his jaw busted by a punch. 

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I can't believe some posters in here will write something like "any topic is fair game in trash talking."

How about an opponent's sick, dying, or dead child?  Is that fair material for trash talk?

For those who think trash talking should have no limits, don't go crying when you favorite player gets his jaw busted by a punch.
I think anyone would say that's too far. Talking about the wife? I'd say that's ok. Me and my friends said thing MUCH worse then what KG said back in our basketball days to each other.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 12:12:25 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101

dude,the idea is they can say what they want to each other and over time a line gets developed. If someone then crosses that line, a player should react in a psychologically healthy way

For Carmello to let the whole world know that he thought that line had been crossed and for those actual words to end up public because he was such a fool in this day and age...well that is the point, when it turns out KG was saying his wife was sweet.

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
^ If it's not against the rules, it's acceptable. This isn't the National Best-friends Association. KG is going to go over the lines of decency as long as he can get away with it, particularly when it causes Marshmelo to wilt.

Talking about someone's dead mother is terrible. I don't care the circumstances.  Its a low blow. If it was any player besides KG or another non-Celtic we wouldn't be debating it. Imagine if Kobe Bryant said the same thing tl Tim Duncan. We'd be calling him a classless jerk.

That is crossing the line...but virtually anything else is game.

I don't want to believe KG took it that far but he was  pretty young in 99 so I guess I could call it dumb youth.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:13 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
What is not prohibited, is permitted. There's no arbiter of "fair". Until the NBA cracks down on trash talk that "over the line", it's acceptable.

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
at the end of the day, talk just just that. talk. its verbal. it doesnt hurt anyone. its on the court so noone actually hears it other than the players.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
By the next time Melo comes to Boston, half the crowd is going to be wearing General Mills and Honey Nut Cheerio related t-shirts.

Maybe KG with a big ol spoon in his hand, havin himself a bite.

Melo would lose it.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
By the next time Melo comes to Boston, half the crowd is going to be wearing General Mills and Honey Nut Cheerio related t-shirts.

Maybe KG with a big ol spoon in his hand, havin himself a bite.

Melo would lose it.
2 weeks from today. haha

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:21 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Dude, he will miss every shot! Someone get this in motion.

I live in San Diego, so I can't take a leadership position on this one...

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 08:09:36 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Melo was suspended.  Good!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Melo was suspended.  Good!

I don't even think more than 1 would be necessary if I was commish but going from what other suspensions have gone down this seems so lenient.  But whatever.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford