Author Topic: Suns taking offers for Gortat, Dudley , Beasley ?  (Read 8329 times)

Re: Suns taking offers Gortat,Dudley , Beasley ?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
it would be nice if we could somehow get him without trading either bradley or sully. maybe a package of bass and some first round picks or something.
The Suns are looking to dump Gortat's contract. Bass comes with a longer obligation and more money overall on his deal.

The Suns are not looking to dump Gortat's contract -- his deal is one of the most reasonable in the league.

They're looking to trade a good player on a good contract who hates playing there.

----------------------------------------------

With the reports about PHX interest in Gay, the following continues to make sense for each team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaf8xkk
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
it would be nice if we could somehow get him without trading either bradley or sully. maybe a package of bass and some first round picks or something.
The Suns are looking to dump Gortat's contract. Bass comes with a longer obligation and more money overall on his deal.

The Suns are not looking to dump Gortat's contract -- his deal is one of the most reasonable in the league.

They're looking to trade a good player on a good contract who hates playing there.

With the reports about PHX interest in Gay, the following continues to make sense for each team:

We need Terry's shooting to much. Other than PP, he is our only other consistent 3 point and clutch shooter.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

We need Terry's shooting to much. Other than PP, he is our only other consistent 3 point and clutch shooter.

Don't agree. He's expendable for a starting NBA 5, especially when it means we can move KG back to the 4 for significant stretches.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Suns taking offers for Gortat, Dudley , Beasley ?
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Bradley and Lee's defense is excellent on the perimeter. And I am amazed with Sullinger's rapid growth over the past month. I'd hesitate to part with any of those 3 players, all of which are on nice contracts.

So far i am content to see this Celtic roster make a run. If something spectacular falls from the sky, sure. But I really, really like these 3 players.

A lot rests on Wilcox's shoulders. Will he be healthy enough to keep Collins on the bench when the C's play big teams?

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
At this point the only player I'm looking to deal for an upgrade would be Bass. Gotta keep Bradley, would also like to keep sully and even Lee. If it came down to a team wanting bass and lee plus picks for their center than I do it I guess. But lee has been good for us.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Don't agree. He's expendable for a starting NBA 5, especially when it means we can move KG back to the 4 for significant stretches.

I disagree with you disagreeing. In order for a starting NBA 5 to be most effective, you need to space the floor for him with outside shooters.

Furthermore KG at the 4 doesn't work as a 1 on 1 defender. Too slow for stretch 4s. Let's face it, the whole league is playing stretch 4s these days.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I, too, am starting to like Lee more. If the Cs keep playing as they have been the last 3 games, I don't want to get rid of any of them ... yet I would love to have another legit 7-footer such as Gortat, or even Dalembert or Mozgov, for insurance if nothing else, because as much as I love Wilcox, he's injury prone.

Maybe I'm just too sentimental, but I want to hang on to Bradley and Sully, and even Fab. But I guess I'd be okay with trading Fab and draft picks (if anyone would take that deal) for a solid C.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I disagree with you disagreeing. In order for a starting NBA 5 to be most effective, you need to space the floor for him with outside shooters.

Furthermore KG at the 4 doesn't work as a 1 on 1 defender. Too slow for stretch 4s. Let's face it, the whole league is playing stretch 4s these days.

Not trying to bash Terry but he has been terrible.

If you are convinced that he will become extremely effective than I can agree otherwise he brings almost nothing else to the table. If we are looking for 3 point shooting I'm sure we can find someone else to spread the floor

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Call me crazy,  but I'd still take a chance on Beasley.  Play him primarily at the 4 and an environment with tons of vets can get through to him. He's still pretty young at 23.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We should go after Gortat

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Call me crazy,  but I'd still take a chance on Beasley.  Play him primarily at the 4 and an environment with tons of vets can get through to him. He's still pretty young at 23.

I like Beasley as well. He just hasnt ever been in the right environment. His surroundings determine his success and being on lottery teams isnt helping. Being on a contender would rejuvenate his career imo.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I think Fab Melo may be way better than Gortat in 2 years time. Let's remember, Gortat is currently averaging 11 points and 8 rebounds a game. He is good, not great.

If we could get Beasely or Dudley and Gortat for somethig like Jeff Green, Bass and a 1st round pick I'd consider the trade for Gortat.

But I still think Green is going to be a really good fit on this team as it gets more and more uptempo as Pierce and KG go the next 1-2 years from now...

I'd really like to do something more along the lines of a couple picks for Dalembert or just some smaller move to get one more half decent 7 footer in here.

I dont' want to trade Melo yet either - his ceiling could be high. Much higher than Gortat's.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Won't comment on the above. My point remains correct: Gortat would be considerably more valuable to the Cs than Terry is.

If Phoenix called up today and offered a straight up Gortat for Terry swap, Ainge would take it 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jason terry is going to win playoff games for us. That's why he got the 2nd LOB trophy tattooed on his arm. In the regular season we can't expect to fully see or expect to see come playoff time. He's a post season warrior and an important piece to this teams hopes for a title
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
On an unrelated note, I read the Knicks have shown interest in Kenyon Martin with Sheed's lingering injury.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi