Author Topic: Woj: Suns in talks to acquire Rudy Gay (Update: C's have called about Gay)  (Read 19299 times)

Re: Adrian Wojnarowski: Suns in talks to acquire Rudy Gay
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Really unfortunate that Memphis would blow their title chance like this.

Bummer when a small market team is set up and they give it away.

But we will see what happens.

To be fair, I am not sure swapping Gay for Dudley would blow their chances, since Dudley is an upgrade defensively, and it will just let them pound the ball inside even more, which is their strength.
Is Dudley an upgrade defensively?

As far as defensive effort maybe, ability I have my doubts. Dudley has always struck me more as a hustle defensive guy rather than an effective one.

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 03:17:52 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

To be fair, I am not sure swapping Gay for Dudley would blow their chances, since Dudley is an upgrade defensively, and it will just let them pound the ball inside even more, which is their strength.
Is Dudley an upgrade defensively?

As far as defensive effort maybe, ability I have my doubts. Dudley has always struck me more as a hustle defensive guy rather than an effective one.

I agree.

I quite like Dudley too, don't get me wrong, but Gay is a far more talented player and certainly more athletic.  I know he isn't a superstar but you need that kind of player in the playoffs and he helps add some different dimensions to the team.  Dudley will not get you a title. 

I think Memphis as is now are legit contenders.

I see where you are coming from but Rudy Gay doesn't clog up the paint and he adds another dimension to the team (athleticism, shot making), as well as above where I don't see Dudley as an upgrade defensively really.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 03:23:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm not completely sold on Dudley. Gotta think the grizz could do better for gay in my opinion. A replacement small forward and a big man for the bench.

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Ths trade would kill the Grizzlies chance to win a championship..they need Gay
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Memphis has an elite front court. They would be well served to get three point shooters to make doubling their bigs a poor decision. Dudley is a better three point shooter than Gay. So although Gay is a much better player, the role the Grizz want their small forwards to play better suits J-Duds.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:28 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
That's too bad. I think the best shot for Memphis taking the next step involved Gay remaining there.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I've been talking about this option on a number of recent threads, with Gay going to Phoenix, Dudley and a Boston SG going to MEM, and Gortat coming to BOS.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61409.30

I would far prefer this is Terry over Lee. Either way, I think it makes more sense than anyone the Suns could trade over with Dudley, except for possibly Gortat who would have to I back to being a bench player there.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
In addition to conversations with Phoenix, Memphis has tried to engage Golden State in trade talks for Rudy Gay, league sources say.

The Grizzlies-Warriors talks stalled with Golden State's desire to include Richard Jefferson ($21m left over two years) in the deal.

@KBergCBS
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
In addition to conversations with Phoenix, Memphis has tried to engage Golden State in trade talks for Rudy Gay, league sources say.

The Grizzlies-Warriors talks stalled with Golden State's desire to include Richard Jefferson ($21m left over two years) in the deal.

@KBergCBS

Can't see why the Warriors should be after Gay. Klay Thompson's a fine young player who offers a lot of what Gay can at a fraction of the price.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

@KBergCBS

Can't see why the Warriors should be after Gay. Klay Thompson's a fine young player who offers a lot of what Gay can at a fraction of the price.

From what you just quoted, to be rid of Richard Jeffersons contract.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:29:41 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

@KBergCBS

Curry, Klay, Rudy, Lee and Ezeli. That would be strong lineup. Fun to think about.

Barnes, Ezeli and Jefferson for Gay works.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

@KBergCBS

Curry, Klay, Rudy, Lee and Ezeli. That would be strong lineup. Fun to think about.

That doesn't cut Memphis from the taxpayers next year though does it?

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Alex Kennedy saying the Cs have talked to Memphis about Gay.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-iman-shumpert-nearing-return/
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

@KBergCBS

I reckon GSW does nothinge they are balling this year. and in all honesty i think Barnes has the potential to be another rudy gay if not better. The kid just doesnt play like a rookie, can say that alot about this draft class i feel :S

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 05:50:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Alex Kennedy saying the Cs have talked to Memphis about Gay.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-iman-shumpert-nearing-return/
The Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings and Boston Celtics are among the teams that have had conversations with the Grizzlies about Gay, according to league sources. The Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors have shown interest in Gay in the past and could be potential trade partners as well.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-iman-shumpert-nearing-return/#eR81IxcdkgehYPmB.99