Author Topic: The truth is... we don't need Rondo  (Read 19392 times)

Re: The truth is... we don't need Rondo
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't want to trade rondo but as of yesterday , I want lee and Bradley playing the last 10 min of the 4th quarter.  Rondo d is not as good and offensively teams back away from him preventing the drive , daring him to shoot. Makes life harder for kg and pp. But with lee and ab, other teams have to respect their shots. If sac offered cousins for rondo, I would think long and hard about it

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The celtics need Rondo. However they also need games without rondo to develop chemistry with the bench and confidence with for the other guards.

I hope games like this show Doc that he can take Rondo off the court and trust his bench.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
And I don't need alcohol, but it makes me better.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yay.

Another one of this threads about Rondo. He's our best player like it or not, he run's our offense to perfection and KG and Pierce won't be able to do it on a consistent basis.

God, I really do wish he gets traded NOW. I said this before and I say it again, I want him out of Boston because people don't appreciate him and/or what he does. It's so unfair.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Is it a fair assessment to call Rondo lazy? For one he  slacks off on his individual defense hurting the team defense, he walks the ball up a lot, and he stands on top of the key pounding the ball. Him being immature brat is something the team to figure out. On the court he needs to pickup the intensity and lead by example.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 10:49:31 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
The truth is, we utterly and completely need Rondo to win it all. His head just needs to be in sync.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

This Cs team playing better without Rondo
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:38 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Cs playing better without Rondo? This is my impression after last game yesterday in MSG Vs NYK. I saw Cs playing much faster, maximum determination, better sharing ball, less turnovers, and more teamwork job done. Mostly of the time Rondo slows down the offensive actions. Cs team plays faster without Rondo, and AB and Sullinger are more aggressive without Rondo on the floor.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:58:24 AM by eugen »

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Is it a fair assessment to call Rondo lazy? For one he doesn't give slacks off on his individual defense hurting the team defense, he walks the ball up a lot, and he stands on top of the key pounding the ball. Him being immature brat is something the team to figure out. On the court he needs to pickup the intensity and lead by example.

Rondo is a weird player through and through... he's lazy during one stretch, then he's the hardest worker on the floor through the next stretch. And not only in defense, you can tell what Rondo shows up by the way he's passing the ball from the get go.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
if i realize something yesterday is that Lee can pass the ball, and that overall Celtics are a good passing team, with Rondo and his head in the right place we are not only good but awesome.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I created THIS THREAD last year saying we should trade Rondo because of his immaturity and emotion.  He is far too immature and emotional to be the leader of a title contender.  When the emotion is on and works, he is a superstar, but when the emotion is off he plays poorly, doesn't hustle, is very inconsistent, and finds himself often making stupid decisions (getting T'd up, and sometimes ejected or suspended).  In addition, Rondo also would net the greatest return given his ability, production, and contract.  Thus I'm all for trading Rondo, I just wouldn't move him just to move him, but if Boston could get back good value, I would be all for it.

Something like this 3 team trade would be good for me.

Boston gets Cousins, Robinson, Brooks
Sacramento gets Rondo, Gay, Melo
Memphis gets Evans, Salmons, Bass

I'm all fired up to replace Rondo with Brooks as starting PG!
No.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Is it a fair assessment to call Rondo lazy? For one he doesn't give slacks off on his individual defense hurting the team defense, he walks the ball up a lot, and he stands on top of the key pounding the ball. Him being immature brat is something the team to figure out. On the court he needs to pickup the intensity and lead by example.

Rondo is a weird player through and through... he's lazy during one stretch, then he's the hardest worker on the floor through the next stretch. And not only in defense, you can tell what Rondo shows up by the way he's passing the ball from the get go.

Rondo passing is double edged sword. At times, that is all he thinks about selfishly takes himself out as a scorer. Time and time again you see him passing up wide open layup so he can pad his assist stats. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:08:08 AM by Change »

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
We don't NEED anyone.  But Rondo is still an elite basketball player, and to win a championship, we need another elite player.  That player could be Rondo, or it could be someone Rondo is traded for.  But we can't win a championship with the team that was on the floor last night. 

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Rondo passing is double edged sword. At times, that is all he selfishly thinks totally taking himself out as a scorer. Time and time again you see him passing up wide open layup so he can pad his assist stats.

That's not what I meant. You can tell which Rondo shows up by the way he's passing in that you can see if he's passing lazily, doing those one handed/disinterested soft passes, or the ill-advised floating ones. You can usually tell from early on.

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 11:04:36 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Of course we need Rondo.  He's our best player and a top ten player in the league.  Not only 
that, but he plays his best basketball in the playoffs. 

We are so lucky we have Rondo. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
The truth is... we don't need Rondo to play 40 minutes a game. That's the lesson to be learned.