Author Topic: Crazy defensive stat through 3 games with Bradley as starter  (Read 2279 times)

Crazy defensive stat through 3 games with Bradley as starter
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I know its a small sample size still it's amazing saw this stat on how good our defense has been.  :o

In three games this season coming into the game against the Knicks, Boston has starved opposing offenses when Bradley is on the court, allowing just 86.5 points per 100 possessions. How good is that? Indiana has the best defensive rating in the NBA this season at 98.9 points per 100 possessions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Crazy defensive stat through 3 games with Bradley as starter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:22:48 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
small sample, but against top eastern teams, this is what this team is capable of
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:27:59 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Very cool... Just from watching the games it's clear that Bradley's presence on the court has had an impact on the team, it really is infectious.

The intensity they are now playing with is a complete joy to watch.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:28:42 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
What's the rating with KG and Bradley on the court?

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:47 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I was saying it over, and over, and over again...but that is exactly what happened last year when AB went into the starting lineup and Ray was hurt/benched.  We went on an historic defensive tear.

We just might do that again.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
His on the ball pressure is amazing!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
His "on the ball pressure" is amazing!
thankfully he's not checking for hernias  ;)

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Man, too bad Bradley got hurt last year.  We might have gotten by the Heat.  Injuries have been killing this team since the championship season of '08. >:(  Hopefully we can make it to the playoffs with all key players healthy.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's not just Bradley. It's rubbed off on Lee a little bit. Our pressure defense will be very unpleasant with Rondo, Bradley, and Lee rotating in the G spots.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:18 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
It's not just Bradley. It's rubbed off on Lee a little bit. Our pressure defense will be very unpleasant with Rondo, Bradley, and Lee rotating in the G spots.

This is exactly what I wanted to see from the beginning of the year. Each of the 3 guys taking turns pressuring the ballhandler. Create tempo, take it to the other team. Create turnovers. They can do that. Even without Bradley, they should have been doing it already. But it's nice to see it's starting now. AB is just relentless at the point of attack. And now when he comes off the floor, Lee should be able to pick right up where he left off.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

This is exactly what I wanted to see from the beginning of the year. Each of the 3 guys taking turns pressuring the ballhandler. Create tempo, take it to the other team. Create turnovers. They can do that. Even without Bradley, they should have been doing it already. But it's nice to see it's starting now. AB is just relentless at the point of attack. And now when he comes off the floor, Lee should be able to pick right up where he left off.

Agree completely. Even Terry and Barbosa were digging in on defense last.night. playing with Bradley or Lee just looks infectious and allows those guys to be more aggressive.on d

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This stat is brilliantly absurd. I have to admit it, I've certainly come around with Bradley. At seasons start he was my number one trade target, but now it is clear to me that he needs to stay and that we are better with him on the floor.