Author Topic: Scott Skiles and Bucks part ways.  (Read 1626 times)

Re: Scott Skiles and Bucks part ways.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 627
The really crazy part is that offensively the Bucks have done a better job than most at breaking down some of the Thibs-esque defenses in the league this year. They look patchwork, sure, but they've got all the makes of a fun 7th or 8th seed.

Also, every time I look at Skiles I have to pinch myself and remember he's the NBA's most assists in one game record holder. Dude looks so, uh, not equipped to be that guy!
And when I'm rich and meet Bob Hope
We'll shoot some golf and shoot some dope

Can't read the entire thread but cone people.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • DKC Orlando Magic
From what I have heard, this was Skiles' decision, not Milwaukee's. Skiles told Bucks' brass last month that he would not seeking an extension on his expiring contract. I guess he decided he'd rather not be a lame duck, and just quit now.

Seems like something he'd do. Has always struck me as a bit of a little tyrant. Might be a good Xs-and-Os coach, but everything I have heard about him says his interpersonal skills are lacking.

If anything, I expect the Bucks to play freer and easier, and still contend for a low playoff berth. The chains are off. Fear the Deer?
DKC Orlando Magic Roster:  http://tinyurl.com/DKC-Orlando2014
PG: I. Thomas / B. Knight | SG: T. Sefolosha / I. Shumpert / B. McLemore
SF: M. Miller / T. Harris / J. Ennis
PF: Jo. Smith / J. Jerebko / J. Stokes | C:  Nene / J. Sullinger / P. Young
DKC Picks Log: http://tinyurl.com/DKCPicks

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Skiles always had the Bucks playing hard for him, and he didn't have a ton to work with there.  The front office has been a mess and Skiles wasn't going to sign on for more of it.

If Skiles is going to take another job some day, he's got to do a better job at looking at the roster and GM before signing on.  Maybe he can consult Phil Jackson on how to cherry pick a team to coach.   

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog