Author Topic: Piers Morgan invites Alex Jones to discuss 2nd Amendment, Fireworks ensues....  (Read 5325 times)

Offline D Dub

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 71
Does everyone here 100% believe in the 'official' story of 9-11?

I don't. 
I'm curious why HBush was in private meetings with the Bin Laden family the morning of 9/11. 
I'm curious why the Bin Laden's were the only people allowed to fly out of the country on 9/12. 
I'm also curious why WBush did everything in his power to steer us into Iraq after 9/11, and then started handing out no-bid gov't contracts to his VP's company.

go ahead, call me crazy.  that's much easier than actually explaining these ties. 

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 304

I don't. 
I'm curious why HBush was in private meetings with the Bin Laden family the morning of 9/11. 
I'm curious why the Bin Laden's were the only people allowed to fly out of the country on 9/12. 
I'm also curious why WBush did everything in his power to steer us into Iraq after 9/11, and then started handing out no-bid gov't contracts to his VP's company.

go ahead, call me crazy.  that's much easier than actually explaining these ties.

The official investigation, the 9/11 Commission Report has a lot of holes and missing evidence.

It's hard to get the real truth, the real story when official government agencies are uncooperative with the official investigation. 

There are high ranking government officials questioning the 9/11 attacks. It ain't just "crazy" "mo-fos" like Alex Jones who are skeptical.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 370
  • Anything is possible

I don't. 

"By any standard - constitutional, financial, national defense - I could not see the merits of the proposed invasion of Iraq." - Page 22 The Revolution, A Manifesto by Ron Paul

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1900
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I don't. 

"By any standard - constitutional, financial, national defense - I could not see the merits of the proposed invasion of Iraq." - Page 22 The Revolution, A Manifesto by Ron Paul

What kind of a person titles their book "The Revolution, A Manifesto"

Sounds like something a bad guy from a future dystopian nightmare would get started on.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: -29328
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

I don't. 

Sounds like something a bad guy from a future dystopian nightmare would get started on.

Maybe the same ghost writers who put out his racist newsletters came up with the title. ;)

Before JSD has a stroke, I kid.

D. Cousins / I. Mahinmi / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / K. Singler / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / V. Carter / B. Gordon / C.J. Wilcox
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Anything is possible

I don't. 

Maybe the same ghost writers who put out his racist newsletters came up with the title. ;)

Before JSD has a stroke, I kid.

I chuckled

Paul talks about the meaning behind the title in the book. Essentially it is the nickname given to the movement by his supporters. "It is a Revolution, albeit a peaceful one."

Online Neurotic Guy

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 915

I am not afraid to say it. I fall more in the camps of Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Jesse Ventura.

If you had asked me 5-10 years ago, I would have said the same thing Roy was saying that these kinds of people were "crazy".

Maybe they are not "normal", but that ain't bad in my opinion. To me, in today's society, if you are normal...that ain't necessarily a good thing.

If we are going to lift this country back to the standards that our previous generations have all been used to...we need to be above normal. We need our children to be above normal.

Each and every day, I grow weary of the future generations...standards are lowered...everyone "gets a trophy". I do not believe we are grooming our future the best that we can.

We can only change if we know to change and we cannot know if we do not have all the necessary information....the truth.

If I have to experience the "crazy" conspiracy theorists in order to turn over every rock to find the truth....or at least the opportunity to LOOK for the truth...I feel it is absolutely worth it.

I would venture a guess that you know far less about previous generations than you think you do.

Maybe you are referring to the generations that owned people and didn't allow woman to vote, have custody of children after a divorce, or own property.

Maybe you refer to the generation that nearly destroyed itself in a deadly civil war over the right to own people.

Maybe you refer to my father's generation that had high rates of illiteracy, poverty FAR beyond anything you may be aware of today, NO safety nets for the elderly, mentally ill or starving children, and continued to adhere to segregationist and anti-female laws and mores.

Maybe you refer to the WW2 era when we interred Japanese Americans and refused Jews entry to our country and sat idly by for 2 years while Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals and other minorities were slaughtered by a madman in Europe. 

Maybe you refer to the years of my childhood when forced bussing caused race riots in many major cities and our president was caught covering up a burglary you may have heard of.  Also the generation that sent 50K men to die in VietNam.

Ahhh, the good old days. 

Frankly, this is a great country, but if you think we are 'going to heck in a handbasket' with this generation, you'll probably be surprised that there haven't been too many prior generations that haven't thought the same thing. 

BTW -- I am 54 and I still own 4 participation trophy's from when I was in Little League.  I survived.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Paul Silas

I don't. 

I don't think you are crazy, and I also don't assume that the items above are true.  That said, you do understand that your implication is that the Bush's were complicit in the attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.  That idea is crazy. 

Online Neurotic Guy

• Paul Silas
Some, supposedly liberal anti-gun types. are calling for Alex Jones to be shot.  Please explain to me how this makes them better than he, or the logic of listening to those crazies over Jones.  I disregard both as lunatic fringe.

I'd just leave out 'liberal anti-gun types' and just call them crazies. That would be fairer.   Crazies exist at all places along the ideological continuum.  What distinguishes them is not their ideology but their craziness.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Anything is possible
Swann provides some great and interesting stats on the subject per usual:

Offline Celtics18

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 835
Swann provides some great and interesting stats on the subject per usual:

Some guy gets his ass kicked in a bar fight;  that's a "violent crime."  Some soccer hooligans get arrested for brawling; violent crime.  I don't condone that kind of violence, but it's ridiculous to compare it to people shooting at, and kiling each other, with assault rifles. 

Give me Britain's violent crime rate any day over the murder that Americans are committing against each other at alarming and scary rates with guns meant for killing. 

Online nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1993
I love a good conspiracy theory.

JFK wasn't assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Americans never landed on the moon.

UFOs did land/crash and were found by the American government in Area 51 and the American southwest.

David Stern fixes NBA playoff series and purposely has refs favor certain teams and players.

We didn't go into Iraq for WMDs or any of the other 4-5 reasons the Bush administration made up.

I just love me some conspiracy theories

But thinking the Bushes were complicit in 9/11 or that the American government or CIA purposely caused 9/11 to start wars elsewhere is simply one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. George W. Bush was a bad president but he is a respectable and good man and American and I simply can not believe he would ever murder 3000 Americans so he could go to war and have thousands of American soldiers die simply to make more money in oil or any of the other really strange, off base, dumb things I have seen attributed to most 9/11 conspiracy theories.

As action871 said. I don't 100% believe the whole government washed down story telling us about 9/11. But I do 100% believe it was an Al Qaeda operation designed to take out important American fiscal and government command buildings and that the Bush administration knew nothing about it before it was happening.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

Offline D.o.s.

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 592

I am not afraid to say it. I fall more in the camps of Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Jesse Ventura.

If you had asked me 5-10 years ago, I would have said the same thing Roy was saying that these kinds of people were "crazy".

Maybe they are not "normal", but that ain't bad in my opinion. To me, in today's society, if you are normal...that ain't necessarily a good thing.

If we are going to lift this country back to the standards that our previous generations have all been used to...we need to be above normal. We need our children to be above normal.

Each and every day, I grow weary of the future generations...standards are lowered...everyone "gets a trophy". I do not believe we are grooming our future the best that we can.

We can only change if we know to change and we cannot know if we do not have all the necessary information....the truth.

If I have to experience the "crazy" conspiracy theorists in order to turn over every rock to find the truth....or at least the opportunity to LOOK for the truth...I feel it is absolutely worth it.

I would venture a guess that you know far less about previous generations than you think you do.

Maybe you are referring to the generations that owned people and didn't allow woman to vote, have custody of children after a divorce, or own property.

Maybe you refer to the generation that nearly destroyed itself in a deadly civil war over the right to own people.

Maybe you refer to my father's generation that had high rates of illiteracy, poverty FAR beyond anything you may be aware of today, NO safety nets for the elderly, mentally ill or starving children, and continued to adhere to segregationist and anti-female laws and mores.

Maybe you refer to the WW2 era when we interred Japanese Americans and refused Jews entry to our country and sat idly by for 2 years while Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals and other minorities were slaughtered by a madman in Europe. 

Maybe you refer to the years of my childhood when forced bussing caused race riots in many major cities and our president was caught covering up a burglary you may have heard of.  Also the generation that sent 50K men to die in VietNam.

Ahhh, the good old days. 

Frankly, this is a great country, but if you think we are 'going to heck in a handbasket' with this generation, you'll probably be surprised that there haven't been too many prior generations that haven't thought the same thing. 

BTW -- I am 54 and I still own 4 participation trophy's from when I was in Little League.  I survived.

;D

Things are generally better for most people in this country than they have been in the rest of the nation's history.

Doesn't mean we're close to fixing the problem, but we tend to trend in the right direction.

As for the 9/11 stuff, I think that there is blame to be laid at the Clinton and W. Bush administrations for not taking Al Qaeda as seriously as they should have prior to the attacks, but generally I think there are too many relatively autonomous moving parts in the government to co-ordinate an airtight conspiracy.
And when I'm rich and meet Bob Hope
We'll shoot some golf and shoot some dope

Can't read the entire thread but cone people.

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 220
As for the 9/11 stuff, I think that there is blame to be laid at the Clinton and W. Bush administrations for not taking Al Qaeda as seriously as they should have prior to the attacks, but generally I think there are too many relatively autonomous moving parts in the government to co-ordinate an airtight conspiracy.
As they say: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1900
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/443266#i1,p0,d1

Jon Stewart drops the knowledge bombs in your earhole. He also makes fun of Alex Jones.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog