Author Topic: Piers Morgan invites Alex Jones to discuss 2nd Amendment, Fireworks ensues....  (Read 5487 times)

Online thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2187
Some, supposedly liberal anti-gun types. are calling for Alex Jones to be shot.  Please explain to me how this makes them better than he, or the logic of listening to those crazies over Jones.  I disregard both as lunatic fringe.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1954
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Some, supposedly liberal anti-gun types. are calling for Alex Jones to be shot.  Please explain to me how this makes them better than he, or the logic of listening to those crazies over Jones.  I disregard both as lunatic fringe.

Where'd you hear this?

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

Offline CelticG1

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 288

Where'd you hear this?

Im sure from some super reputable source...

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 306
Within every subset of people, there are extreme types of all kinds.

Alex Jones is probably the KG of his subgroup. One could equate Jones's "crazy" as passion.

People are different and there are some people who only respond to aggressive, passionate personalities. Some people actually gravitate towards those kinds of personalities.

The short video clip only portrays Alex Jones's passion and craziness for a short time frame. Alex isn't like that all the time. He only gets that way when he is really "in to it".

An example: when Tommy Heinshon gets riled up from the NBA refs, he can sound rather "passionate" as well....sometimes....but that is not 100% of the time.

There are also many sports fans who say "crazy" things and demonstrate "crazy" personalities towards opposing players. I think a few Knicks fans wished Paul Pierce ceased to exist, but they used coarse language and vile intent.

I, for one, was never into believing conspiracies....but things have changed for me, over these last 10+ years.

Is it foolish to place any credence into conspiracies?

Is it naive not to?

If people can fly airplanes into buildings killing thousands, or shoot up schools, movie theaters, killing all kinds of people including 6 year olds.....why not conspiracies?

Jones believes 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing were inside jobs by the U.S. government, thinks the government intentionally blew up the space shuttle Columbia, and believes that the government is intentionally causing people to turn gay through chemicals inserted into our food.  Those are his more mild conspiracies, too.

CRAZY.

If you do not trust, there is ample evidence to question.

The search for truth is not crazy.

Offline D.o.s.

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 647

Alex Jones is probably the KG of his subgroup. One could equate Jones's "crazy" as passion.

People are different and there are some people who only respond to aggressive, passionate personalities. Some people actually gravitate towards those kinds of personalities.

The short video clip only portrays Alex Jones's passion and craziness for a short time frame. Alex isn't like that all the time. He only gets that way when he is really "in to it".

An example: when Tommy Heinshon gets riled up from the NBA refs, he can sound rather "passionate" as well....sometimes....but that is not 100% of the time.

There are also many sports fans who say "crazy" things and demonstrate "crazy" personalities towards opposing players. I think a few Knicks fans wished Paul Pierce ceased to exist, but they used coarse language and vile intent.

I, for one, was never into believing conspiracies....but things have changed for me, over these last 10+ years.

Is it naive not to?

If people can fly airplanes into buildings killing thousands, or shoot up schools, movie theaters, killing all kinds of people including 6 year olds.....why not conspiracies?

Jones believes 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing were inside jobs by the U.S. government, thinks the government intentionally blew up the space shuttle Columbia, and believes that the government is intentionally causing people to turn gay through chemicals inserted into our food.  Those are his more mild conspiracies, too.

CRAZY.

That's true, but you can't just play fast and loose with the rules of evidence if you're actually searching for truth, rather than espousing contrarian thoughts for ratings.
And when I'm rich and meet Bob Hope
We'll shoot some golf and shoot some dope

Can't read the entire thread but cone people.

Offline action781

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 273

Is it naive not to?

CRAZY.

The problem is with most conspiracy theorists is that they are not searching for truth, they are searching for conspiracy.  When they come across evidence that can clearly debunk their conspiracy, they completely disregard it in search for different evidence that can further support their theories.

One searching for truth enters the search with an open mind, examines all evidence and then makes a decision based on all evidence.
.................to the
Assistant ^ General Manager for the Pawnee Pacers

Tony Parker, Courtney Lee, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol
Jeff Teague, Paul George, Trevor Ariza, Chuck Hayes, Channing Frye
Kemba Walker, Andres Nocioni, Jason Collins

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 377
  • Just So Dedicated
Roy H. Paul doesn't even acknowledge it. and that link you posted below below the youtube video is quite possibly the most bizzare thing I've ever seen you post on here.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Just So Dedicated
Does everyone here 100% believe in the 'official' story of 9-11?

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell

Is it naive not to?

CRAZY.

That's true, but you can't just play fast and loose with the rules of evidence if you're actually searching for truth, rather than espousing contrarian thoughts for ratings.

I agree with you, Jones's has his eyes on other things, ratings most likely being one of them...other than solely just the truth.

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell

Is it naive not to?

CRAZY.

The problem is with most conspiracy theorists is that they are not searching for truth, they are searching for conspiracy.  When they come across evidence that can clearly debunk their conspiracy, they completely disregard it in search for different evidence that can further support their theories.

One searching for truth enters the search with an open mind, examines all evidence and then makes a decision based on all evidence.

I agree with you. Within the subset of conspiracy theorists there are fanatical ones. There are still legit truth seekers out there who want all the evidence available regarding a specific situation/topic, yet all the evidence is not forthcoming or made available.

Sometimes the evidence already made available is just merely the evidence they want you to see. The rest of the other stuff is left in a file cabinet somewhere to collect dust.

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell

I am not afraid to say it. I fall more in the camps of Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Jesse Ventura.

If you had asked me 5-10 years ago, I would have said the same thing Roy was saying that these kinds of people were "crazy".

Maybe they are not "normal", but that ain't bad in my opinion. To me, in today's society, if you are normal...that ain't necessarily a good thing.

If we are going to lift this country back to the standards that our previous generations have all been used to...we need to be above normal. We need our children to be above normal.

Each and every day, I grow weary of the future generations...standards are lowered...everyone "gets a trophy". I do not believe we are grooming our future the best that we can.

We can only change if we know to change and we cannot know if we do not have all the necessary information....the truth.

If I have to experience the "crazy" conspiracy theorists in order to turn over every rock to find the truth....or at least the opportunity to LOOK for the truth...I feel it is absolutely worth it.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Just So Dedicated

Ron Paul being questioned about his willingness to talk to truthers and other folks who have alternative theories.

Offline action781

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 273

Do you mean I believe 100% of the story that has been put out there?  No.

Do you mean I 100% believe that 9-11 was the operation of a terrorist organization and the United States government was no way involved in the planning of it?  I am about as close to 100% sure of this as I am of most other things I believe in.
.................to the
Assistant ^ General Manager for the Pawnee Pacers

Tony Parker, Courtney Lee, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol
Jeff Teague, Paul George, Trevor Ariza, Chuck Hayes, Channing Frye
Kemba Walker, Andres Nocioni, Jason Collins

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 222
I don't believe in scare quotes, if that's relevant.

Offline wayupnorth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

I am not afraid to say it. I fall more in the camps of Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, and Jesse Ventura.

If you had asked me 5-10 years ago, I would have said the same thing Roy was saying that these kinds of people were "crazy".

Maybe they are not "normal", but that ain't bad in my opinion. To me, in today's society, if you are normal...that ain't necessarily a good thing.

If we are going to lift this country back to the standards that our previous generations have all been used to...we need to be above normal. We need our children to be above normal.

Each and every day, I grow weary of the future generations...standards are lowered...everyone "gets a trophy". I do not believe we are grooming our future the best that we can.

We can only change if we know to change and we cannot know if we do not have all the necessary information....the truth.

If I have to experience the "crazy" conspiracy theorists in order to turn over every rock to find the truth....or at least the opportunity to LOOK for the truth...I feel it is absolutely worth it.

TP for the bolded...

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog