Author Topic: Piers Morgan invites Alex Jones to discuss 2nd Amendment, Fireworks ensues....  (Read 5591 times)

Offline wayupnorth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Alex Jones is a lunatic moonbat.  I wish Ron Paul would cut ties with him.

Peas in a pod, to my eyes.

I see Paul as outside the mainstream, but mostly principled.  I see Jones as crazy and exploitative.
Being "outside the mainstream" doesn't mean you're not crazy. Which Ron Paul certainly is :)

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/12/ron_paul_is_crazy_admit_it.php

I would very much argue he is not.

Offline kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 509

I see Paul as outside the mainstream, but mostly principled.  I see Jones as crazy and exploitative.
Being "outside the mainstream" doesn't mean you're not crazy. Which Ron Paul certainly is :)

You could, it's your constitutional right. Unfortunately, all the insane stuff he's said is a matter of public record, so I doubt you'll have much success in this endeavor.
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 920

You could, it's your constitutional right. Unfortunately, all the insane stuff he's said is a matter of public record, so I doubt you'll have much success in this endeavor.

I disagree with most of Ron Paul's policy ideas but I don't think he's crazy, I just think he's wrong.  What is the connection between Paul and Jones?   

Is the clip typical of Jones' behavior?

Offline kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
I disagree with most of Ron Paul's policy ideas but I don't think he's crazy, I just think he's wrong.  What is the connection between Paul and Jones?   
"Wrong" is when Mitt Romney says tax cuts finance themselves. Calling MLK day "hate whitey day" is not exactly in the same ballpark (that's before we bring in hypodermic needles, superhighways, and other stuff that shouldn't make sense to anyone with an ounce of sanity).

Offline wayupnorth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Ron Paul is honest. He speaks to people as if they are intelligent, and able to understand complex ideas. Not every intelligent person agrees with those ideas, and that's fair. To call him crazy is doing a great dis justice to a man who, when it comes to protecting personal liberty and rejecting the progressive/neo-con agenda that is pervasive in our federal government, he has stood alone many times.

Regardless of how you feel about him, he energized many from my generation and really helped lay down a great political foundation to stand on. Because of Ron Paul many young people such as myself have become very interested in getting involved in politics, and fighting for the cause of liberty.

You seem like the type of guy who knows too much to change his mind, so I will be done here.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Tiny Archibald
"Wrong" is when Mitt Romney says tax cuts finance themselves. Calling MLK day "hate whitey day" is not exactly in the same ballpark (that's before we bring in hypodermic needles, superhighways, and other stuff that shouldn't make sense to anyone with an ounce of sanity).

I'd need to see the context of the seemingly abhorant MLK comment, but as for other zany ideas, I think he thinks differently about how societal problems will be solved.  I think he's almost always wrong, though I do think he is intelligent and usually has a logic and ideological frame that supports his suggestions.  I have heard nutty sounding ideas from lots of folks who I wouldn't classify as 'crazy'.  But I am the last person to be defending Ron Paul, I am very seriously against most of his policy ideas and his son's.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 377
  • Just So Dedicated

Ah... the newsletters. The simplest way to expose yourself as knowing nothing of Ron Paul and his message.

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Just So Dedicated

There is no connection. Roy H. likes to link the two because Paul has agreed (like other politicians) to a couple radio interviews. It also should be noted that Jones is a big Paul supporter.

Offline kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
Ah... the newsletters. The simplest way to expose yourself as knowing nothing of Ron Paul and his message.
What does the supposed "Ron Paul message" have to do with the fact that he's crazy?

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Just So Dedicated

Ron Paul is honest. He speaks to people as if they are intelligent, and able to understand complex ideas. Not every intelligent person agrees with those ideas, and that's fair. To call him crazy is doing a great dis justice to a man who, when it comes to protecting personal liberty and rejecting the progressive/neo-con agenda that is pervasive in our federal government, he has stood alone many times.

Regardless of how you feel about him, he energized many from my generation and really helped lay down a great political foundation to stand on. Because of Ron Paul many young people such as myself have become very interested in getting involved in politics, and fighting for the cause of liberty.

You seem like the type of guy who knows too much to change his mind, so I will be done here.

kozlodoev is calling him crazy because (even despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary), he believes Paul wrote racist newsletters. He’s not even talking about philosophy or policy.

Paul made the mistake (which he has admitted to) of not keeping a close enough eye on his newsletters while he was delivering babies (and many little black babies at that).

Offline kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders

Oh yeah, liberty. The concept exists independently of Ron Paul and has done so for centuries. I recommend Locke and Rousseau as a good initial reading.

Also, I have no doubt that young people find Ron Paul fascinating. What I doubt is their judgement :)

(by the way, the Ed and Elaine Brown story and the "NAFTA superhighway" are way more illustrative than the newsletters; while anyone can be a run-of-the-mill racist, few people can be as spectacularly detached from reality as Ron Paul demonstrably is)

Offline JSD

• Tiny Archibald
  • Just So Dedicated
Alex Jones, I would think, even embarrassed his supporters with this interview. Jones is highly intelligent. If he stayed on topic and calm he could have presented a really good case for folks who are strong supporters of the 2nd amendment. It's a shame, really.

Offline nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2031
This interview should be proof positive that guns should not be in the hands of the populace. The guy is demonstrably unstable, was getting angry quite easily, wanted to punch Morgan for no reason and yet he has guns and says no one can take them from him.

And people think this type of behavior is going to help those who want to limit gun control laws? I see and have read a lot of people act the same way as Alex Jones when discussing gun control.

"Just try to take the guns from us! Just try! See what happens!!!"

My guess is more guns going off and killing people is what happens and guess what? That just continues to support the reason why people shouldn't have guns. They get a God complex and suddenly feel they get to decide who lives and dies. They feel omnipotent. And then they stand behind their gun with their finger on the trigger.

33,000+ gun deaths, 11,000+ gun homicides, hundreds of thousands of gun related violent incidences per year later, we have what we call reality in America today. In 25 years over 1 million Americans will die because of guns. 250,000+ Americans will be murdered with guns, Tens of millions of incidences of violence involving guns will occur in America.

And people think that price of death and violence is worth paying to have guns available to the ordinary citizen.

I think that price to high a price to pay.

Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Tiny Archibald
Alex Jones, I would think, even embarrassed his supporters with this interview. Jones is highly intelligent. If he stayed on topic and calm he could have presented a really good case for folks who are strong supporters of the 2nd amendment. It's a shame, really.

From his first syllable, Alex Jones didn't appear able to stay calm or on topic. There MAY be a good case for strong support for the 2nd amendment but he did not seem capable of delivering one. Your "highly intelligent" comment makes me think you've listened to this guy before because nothing he said in this 15 minute clip would lead me to such a conclusion.

Given the anger, the incoherence, his hyperbolic conclusions, the childish provocations, and the unwillingness to listen to another person's point of view in this "interview", would you ever listen to this guy again? If so, why?

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: -29131
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

There is no connection. Roy H. likes to link the two because Paul has agreed (like other politicians) to a couple radio interviews. It also should be noted that Jones is a big Paul supporter.

By choosing to go on Jones' show, Paul is agreeing to continue the link.

Serious politicians shouldn't associate with kooks and conspiracy theorists.

D. Cousins / F. Ezeli / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / V. Carter / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / M. Ginobil / B. Gordon
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog