Author Topic: Is Jason Terry just a bad fit?  (Read 5679 times)

Is Jason Terry just a bad fit?
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
There is no way I am dissing the Jet. He is clutch, a great teammate by all accounts everywhere he has played and can fill it up like nearly no one in the league.

That said, he seems to really be struggling here. I am thinking he just does not fit in with what the Celtics do or the coaching staff has not adjusted to fit him in a bit better. His minutes are almost the same from previous seasons but otherwise his stats are way down.

Now I am not saying to trade him but he is not making the impact he should be making. How do people think this will play out?

Re: Is Jason Terry just a bad fit?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Misused more than anything.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:40:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
There is no way I am dissing the Jet. He is clutch, a great teammate by all accounts everywhere he has played and can fill it up like nearly no one in the league.

That said, he seems to really be struggling here. I am thinking he just does not fit in with what the Celtics do or the coaching staff has not adjusted to fit him in a bit better. His minutes are almost the same from previous seasons but otherwise his stats are way down.

Now I am not saying to trade him but he is not making the impact he should be making. How do people think this will play out?
He's getting older, still guarantee he will hit some BIG shots in the playoffs in what hopefully is a long push well into June should be worth it for that alone :D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:50:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bad fit with Doc

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Personally, I'm kind of torn on Terry.  You know he will make big shots when the time comes, but if we could package him along with Bass or Green for a big, then I would think we would have to pull the trigger.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Miss used as if now. Still plenty of time to pick up the pieces though. He doesn't seem frustrated just biding his time.

I actually thought he played great tonight. Played pretty good d allowing us to leave him I don't the game. Didn't score a ton but had a cool presence and calmness about him that I think especially helped Avery out there.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Nobody will remember him struggling against the Knicks Jan 7th, 2013 if he shows up big in the playoffs. Lets not forget, JT is Miami Heat killer.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 12:30:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

This. And his defense is glaringly terrible. Im not worried. He is a good player to have on your squad.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I say it's a combination of his role and bad play overall. You need a guy like him coming off the bench in the playoffs though. I would hate to see him traded.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 01:09:06 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
needs to come off the bench.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:36 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

This. And his defense is glaringly terrible. Im not worried. He is a good player to have on your squad.

The stats don't believe you and neither do I. JET has played solid defense this season. He has been even better these last few games.

The reason JET can still be out there not making shots... his defense has been very good!

Believe it or not, it's your choice.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope.

I still believe in the Jet.

He's just having a bad stretch. He'll break out of it sooner than later, I'm sure of it.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
No he is being played TOO much, he is NOT a starter, he is a three point, game winning, sharpe shooter.......just like Boston abused NOVAK.......this is what happens to Terry , he gets abused and used.

Jet is used for INCREASING , piling on to momentum to put the other team away.  You bring him in WHEN a RUN is going to continue the run ...finish the game, nail the lid shut on the coffin.  That was his game in Dallas. 

He is too slow , short and weak to start...he is a dagger man ...used when a team is got a good run going...he'll pile on.. drain the threes to increase the lead or win an overtime.

He is n't confortable as a starter, he is too small and gets abused , he know s this and body language shows it.

He is a special purpose role player ..streak shooter.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 01:42:38 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Nope.

I still believe in the Jet.

He's just having a bad stretch. He'll break out of it sooner than later, I'm sure of it.

I agree.  I don't think he's a bad fit, and I don't really think he's being misused.  I'm not bothered by the fact that Doc's not putting the ball in his hands a ton.  Jet doesn't seem to be bothered by it either.  I love Jason's attitude.  He knows that it's not about getting him his touches. 

This team looks like it's starting to work.  Doc looks less stupid when his guys play the way they have been lately.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson