Author Topic: Just pure HEART, GRIT AND BALLS. Is it safe to say we are back?  (Read 5569 times)

Just pure HEART, GRIT AND BALLS. Is it safe to say we are back?
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It was funny to see KG get completely inside Melo's head to the point where Melo had a breakdown.

Melo was apparently going after KG in the locker room. What a child. This baby has ZERO heart.

Pierce as usual steps up on the big stage, same with KG. Sully loves the limelight and is not afraid of anyone, no matter how long they've been a name in the league. He was going after Chandler, Stoudemire, Carmelo- basically anyone that wanted to get physical in the paint.
Avery's defense slowed their offense down by around 5 seconds possession- his on ball pressure forced the Knicks to rely on swing passing for three pointers, and no matter how many they hit- they could just not bury us.

But back to KG- he is an absolute mastermind and I would love to hear what he was saying to Melo. KG was completely cool and calm and Melo should've been tossed long before the game was over.
He just played Carmelo like a puppet and completely psyched him out.

I really hope we play these NYC cowards in the playoffs and their over rated squad gets clowned by our defensive toughness once again.

They hit so many threes and still couldn't beat us because they simply could not get the ball inside. Our defense is just firing.

Is three games is enough at this point? I like to be cautious and let things unfold, but to me, our defense is back. Our offense is working out. Wilcox coming back and Avery's shooting pick up where he left off last year are the two unknown's, but watching the Knicks crumble under our defensive pressure has reassured me that no matter what happens in the regular season, we will be a force that no one wants to play in the playoffs.

What a win, what grit, what balls.
Pure Celtics.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Just pure HEART, GRIT AND BALLS. Is it safe to say we are back?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:47 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
      AVERY BRADLEY .....IS GOD

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No we have to do it for more than 4 games.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:59 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Bradley was the spark we all knew it. I still hope the C's can get a center.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
TP it was pure gritty throwback Celtics Basketball we all love

There is no doubt this team is back !!!!
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:09 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
      AVERY BRADLEY .....IS GOD

still need a big who can defend, block shots and score and rebound when my boy KG is out. IF WE WANNA BE CONTENDERS.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Carmelo is pure, unadulterated thug trash.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:53:45 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

win these next 5 and that would put us at an 8 game win streak. then i will get excited and us being a possible contender IF we make a trade for a big guy which we still need.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17
TP.
TP all around!
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I've argued Avery and Sully's value for so long with friends (mostly NYers) who called me a homer on a daily basis. They can play, far better than they get credit for outside our little circle of green and happiness.

I am not against the idea at all... but what is the main reason we need a big going forward? I have been on board with changes since day 1, especially once we showed early on how soft we were defensively... our crux... but really how would a big impact our roster? Offense? Defense? In regular season and, beyond (and more importantly), in playoff match-ups...? Just curious to know what others think. Haven't worked it out in my own mind yet. Too stoked about these mini streak of grit and resulting dubs :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
It was funny to see KG get completely inside Melo's head to the point where Melo had a breakdown.

Melo was apparently going after KG in the locker room. What a child. This baby has ZERO heart.

Pierce as usual steps up on the big stage, same with KG. Sully loves the limelight and is not afraid of anyone, no matter how long they've been a name in the league. He was going after Chandler, Stoudemire, Carmelo- basically anyone that wanted to get physical in the paint.
Avery's defense slowed their offense down by around 5 seconds possession- his on ball pressure forced the Knicks to rely on swing passing for three pointers, and no matter how many they hit- they could just not bury us.

But back to KG- he is an absolute mastermind and I would love to hear what he was saying to Melo. KG was completely cool and calm and Melo should've been tossed long before the game was over.
He just played Carmelo like a puppet and completely psyched him out.

I really hope we play these NYC cowards in the playoffs and their over rated squad gets clowned by our defensive toughness once again.

They hit so many threes and still couldn't beat us because they simply could not get the ball inside. Our defense is just firing.

Is three games is enough at this point? I like to be cautious and let things unfold, but to me, our defense is back. Our offense is working out. Wilcox coming back and Avery's shooting pick up where he left off last year are the two unknown's, but watching the Knicks crumble under our defensive pressure has reassured me that no matter what happens in the regular season, we will be a force that no one wants to play in the playoffs.

What a win, what grit, what balls.
Pure Celtics.

one more thing...while i admitted this knickerbocker teams would be [dang] good...they are not the heat with wade, bosh and Lebum and battier and miller and traitor. The road runs through miami.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 12:11:04 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Pure heart, grit, and balls sounds like the recipe for the McRib.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yes we are.

I think everyone is feeling confident. Evryone will start to play tight on defense and with rhythym on offense.

AB, the spark plug.!!!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
I've argued Avery and Sully's value for so long with friends (mostly NYers) who called me a homer on a daily basis. They can play, far better than they get credit for outside our little circle of green and happiness.

I am not against the idea at all... but what is the main reason we need a big going forward? I have been on board with changes since day 1, especially once we showed early on how soft we were defensively... our crux... but really how would a big impact our roster? Offense? Defense? In regular season and, beyond (and more importantly), in playoff match-ups...? Just curious to know what others think. Haven't worked it out in my own mind yet. Too stoked about these mini streak of grit and resulting dubs :)

The C's have too many undersized forwards. A legit center will pay dividends in the playoffs when you need a basket. It would be nice to have the Heat matchup with the C's if they are able to get that far.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:01 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Agreed... but it's hard not to be excited.

As much as there was all the "Avery is not a savior" talk we had going on before he came back, he really does bring a lot to this team.  His defense really hampers teams from getting into sets and it puts pressure on them in the shot clock.  Plus the intensity he provides in just how hard he plays.  His defense allows us to not have to worry about help so much and give up buckets from passes off penetration and that kind of thing.

The defense and offense both look better.  And this was without Rondo tonight.

Sully continues to play better and better and to me it's clear he should be starting.

I love what I'm seeing.

Pure heart, grit, and balls sounds like the recipe for the McRib.

I just ate one

You're probably right.

The C's have too many undersized forwards. A legit center will pay dividends in the playoffs when you need a basket. It would be nice to have the Heat matchup with the C's if they are able to get that far.

But at the same time, we must remember what Miami's crunch time lineup was.  LeBron at PF and Bosh at C.  You could try to force the issue or you could try to match up small.

We came very close matching up small basically and I wouldn't be against trying it again, as we are deeper and more capable of doing so.  If Sully keeps playing this way his rebounding will be a weapon against Miami.  It's not as if they have any Centers to keep him off the boards.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:19:02 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford