Author Topic: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?  (Read 15980 times)

Re: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Is this only in the realgm forums?

thats the only place I saw it, but there were multiple posts about it. Maybe they showed it on the New York coverage?

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
Is this only in the realgm forums?

No all the the MSG commentators are asking everyone, but no ones talking. They keep saying nothing happened or they don't know.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:18 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
This was mentioned on NBA TV if I'm not mistaken.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/01/07/report-carmelo-anthony-has-outburst-outside-of-celtics-locker-room/

I don't know how reliable they are, but they do have video of marsh-melo going to the C's locker room.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/01/07/report-carmelo-anthony-has-outburst-outside-of-celtics-locker-room/

I don't know how reliable they are, but they do have video of marsh-melo going to the C's locker room.

After losing to the Boston Celtics at home 102-96 and putting on one of his worst shooting performances of the season at  6-for-26, Carmelo Anthony took his frustrations to the locker room.  According to multiple reports, Melo left the court without shaking hands or staying for the Knicks team huddle and went straight towards the Celtics locker room where he waited and was was reportedly “shouting” at players before coaches had to get involved.  Doc Rivers said post game that he would not tattle on Melo and Mike Woodson declined comment.  One thing is certain, Carmelo and KG had been jawing all game long and both received technicals at the boiling point.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that tunnel.  ;D

Per #NYK broadcast Melo-KG allegedly got into it in the MSG tunnel postgame

— Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) January 8, 2013
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:04 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Maybe he was going to the Cs locker room to ask Pierce how a SF is supposed to lead a team with good players on it?  Melo certainly still has no clue what it takes to be a true leader in the NBA. 

I'm pretty sure at least a half dozen Boston players could beat up Melo - Sully, Bass, Collins, KG, Pierce, and Rondo (good hand and foot speed).

If Melo was even outside the Cs locker room causing a scene, He'd got to be suspended at least one game.  DMC got a two game suspension for yelling at a TV analyst. 

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

After losing to the Boston Celtics at home 102-96 and putting on one of his worst shooting performances of the season at  6-for-26, Carmelo Anthony took his frustrations to the locker room.  According to multiple reports, Melo left the court without shaking hands or staying for the Knicks team huddle and went straight towards the Celtics locker room where he waited and was was reportedly “shouting” at players before coaches had to get involved.  Doc Rivers said post game that he would not tattle on Melo and Mike Woodson declined comment.  One thing is certain, Carmelo and KG had been jawing all game long and both received technicals at the boiling point.

I like it that Doc and the C's aren't being little punks about what Melo did.  BUT, I think with so many reports surfacing of what happened, the league office has to look into that.  You can't just run into the other locker room after the game shouting and trying to fight the other team.

No matter what happens it sounds like the C's didn't react and do something that could have gotten someone on our team suspended. 

Melo is a punk.  I know he is a great offensive payer, but when you are 6-26 for the night, don't you have to do the right thing and get one of your other team mates involved to try to get the win. 

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
where's Stern when you need him? He should fine and suspend every single Knicks player that went to the C's locker room after the game! It will never happen though. If it was KG doing that, he would already be suspended 5 games and there would be 25 articles up online about how he's a bully and a thug.
Thank You. If KG or Rondo (thank goodness he's nowhere around that right now) did that they would be called al types of names and the media would be calling them dirty players with polls asking if they are dirty players.

They need to suck it up, stop being sore losers and take the loss like a man.
I LOVE that the Celtics got to them mentally and threw him off.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
KG downplayed it in post-game interviews.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If this is true then, wow. Carmelo acting like a sore loser, KG is probably saying "mission accomplished."

I'm all for suspension too. You dont just threaten a fellow pro. Stern would be such a hypocite if he doesnt
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
where's Stern when you need him? He should fine and suspend every single Knicks player that went to the C's locker room after the game! It will never happen though. If it was KG doing that, he would already be suspended 5 games and there would be 25 articles up online about how he's a bully and a thug.

Stern is a Knick Fan

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Apparently the only guys who don't know snitches get stitches are the Msn commentators.

Sterns not gonna let this pass without consequence. I will bet TPs that Melo gets a suspension.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Stern wears Knicks and Lakers jerseys at home watching their games.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
They just showed it on comcast, said he went to the locker room first and is now standing outside of the c's team bus. They showed video of him standing in front of their bus with a bunch of security in front of him.