Author Topic: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?  (Read 15986 times)

Re: Melo and Knicks try to get into c's locker room after the game?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 11:44:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If KG had done this to Melo David Stern would've personally called a press conference to announce his outrage, burned down KG's house, kicked his dog, pooped in his shoes, and retroactively nullified Carmelo's 15-game suspension from a few years back. 

Someone would probably try and remind him that he's not actually in charge of suspensions, but he would just smirk at them, briefly fart the Green Acres theme song, have Adam Silver hand him a mic so he could drop it on the floor, and do a three-step handshake with THE MEDIA on his way out the door.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Someone watch the game back (cant remember what quarter but it was first half), Melo was arguing with the ref and brushed up against him (Brothers)... same thing RR did. I guess I was the only one to see it but I wish someone could get video of it. I was mad in chat that I was the only one who saw it...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I fully expect Stern to do nothing.  Rondo gets a game for a slight bump that didn't earn him a T from the official and Melo tries to instigate a fight outside the other team's locker room and I bet nothing happens.

I was sure this would get swept under the carpet but with so many reports coming out now, I'm not sure they will be able to just let him off.  Probably fine him 10k.

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
They just showed it on comcast, said he went to the locker room first and is now standing outside of the c's team bus. They showed video of him standing in front of their bus with a bunch of security in front of him.

Is he out of his mind? He could (should?) face a multiple game suspension. This is one of the craziest NBA incidents I have heard of in a while.

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They just showed it on comcast, said he went to the locker room first and is now standing outside of the c's team bus. They showed video of him standing in front of their bus with a bunch of security in front of him.

Melo is officially screwing himself at this point. What an idiot. Did he and Jr Smith do a body swap?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

Melo is officially screwing himself at this point. What an idiot. Did he and Jr Smith do a body swap?

hopefully somebody throws him UNDER DA BUS.  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Is he out of his mind? He could (should?) face a multiple game suspension. This is one of the craziest NBA incidents I have heard of in a while.

In all seriousness, he might've gotten away with the locker room if nothing physical happened, but if he went out to the bus too I'd expect a suspension is coming.  That's a pretty major breach and it would've been VERY volatile if the Celtics had gotten into it with him.

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
If KG had done this to Melo David Stern would've personally called a press conference to announce his outrage, burned down KG's house, kicked his dog, pooped in his shoes, and retroactively nullified Carmelo's 15-game suspension from a few years back. 

Someone would probably try and remind him that he's not actually in charge of suspensions, but he would just smirk at them, briefly fart the Green Acres theme song, have Adam Silver hand him a mic so he could drop it on the floor, and do a three-step handshake with THE MEDIA on his way out the door.

In the year 2013, this is the front runner for post of the year. It was just 'funny' til you got to farting the green acres theme song. Then it turned legendary.

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
Do the Knicks not have any security personnel to reign him in?  Crazy.  No way this gets swept away now.

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:13 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Quote worthy, and definitely TP worthy.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

hopefully somebody throws him UNDER DA BUS.  ;D

Points awarded. It counts.

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
Espn is now reporting the locker room part.

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
What are they saying?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What are they saying?
Carmelo Anthony approached the Celtics locker room after New York's loss to Boston on Monday and was screaming, MSG Network reported.

One witness to the incident confirmed that Anthony was involved in a post-game incident, but declined to elaborate.

"It was just a big commotion," one witness to the incident said. "It was like being in the school yard."

Knicks coach Mike Woodson declined comment on the incident.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters that he didn't want to elaborate on the incident, but said he joked that he'd talk to reporters about the incident if it was the postseason, implying that he'd want Anthony to be suspended for the incident if the game held bigger implications.

Anthony, who shot 6 for 26 on the night, got into a confrontation with Kevin Garnett in the second half of the game.

Both players where whistled for a technical foul.

Anthony left the floor quickly after the game, declining to shake hands with the Celtics.

He also exited out of the tunnel that visiting players normally use to leave the floor

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
I guess I get Doc's point of view, but the Knicks are up what, six games on the Celtics?  Is it really Doc's job to protect other players?

I guess there is enough evidence already about Carmelo but seriously, it isn't your job Doc to protect people threatening to fight your team.